Hotel Rwanda

L

loz

Saw this the other day. Its about the Genocide of the Tutsi tribe during the 1994 civil war. A truely touching and inspiring story. I think this will be one of the films of the year in the UK, totally brilliant.

Watched this with my misses last night and thought it was pretty good. One thing that pisses me off big time though is the fact that everyone is speaking english. Why couldn't they have used subtitles? It looked stunning, but that let it down for me.

Yeah, i was actually expecting subs when i went to see it tbh, i guess they were more interested in getting the story out there though, rather than any kind of aesthetics.

It just takes so much realism from any film imo. I really like City of God , but it would lose so much of its quality if it was filmed in English like Hotel Rwanda.

I did still think Hotel Rwanda was a good film, but when film makers are dealing with subject matters as sensetive as genocide, I find it a bit dis-respectful to the people actually involved, offensive almost to be honest.

Well you can't deny it happened and people need to know what went on so films like this are very educational. I thought it was a bit boring to be honest, a bit more genocide should have been thrown in to spice things up. And Jean Claude Van Damme, he should have been in it doing roundhouse kicks.

On another note, I thought it was very disturbing when the white guy told the black guy he was "just another ni**er" while he was sitting drinking in his hotel receiving all this hospitality.

gunnerglory said:
Well you can't deny it happened and people need to know what went on so films like this are very educational.

Totally agree with you, a lot of people wouldn't even know about it without these sorts of films.

Back
Top Bottom