Home Nations Consider League

Jake_Hazuki

League 2
23 December 2006
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6329523.stm

Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic are said to be keen -with England and Wales less so.

But Scotland manager Alex McLeish wants to play England in a friendly at the new Wembley at the very least.

"I would relish the thought of it," he said. "I'm not one for meaningless friendlies, but this is different

I would love to see Scotland against England at wembley so what do you think of the considered league?

Beautiful beautiful would be a Global UK PremierLeague, best sides from England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Nothern Ireland.

You gotta love the FAW, when the idea of reviving the home internationals was mooted they were all for it, then just because they were guests of the Brazilian FA for a friendly a few months back, they think they can play top class opposition every friendly date. Think the old codgers who line their pockets at the expense of the sport here have terrible delusions of grandeur! :lol:

I'm all for it, better to have some good old rivalries restored instead of playing diddy teams like Liechtenstein every so often!

Doubt the English would have any interest because they'd probably win it often / get in the way of another failed World Cup bid / be embarassed if they get beaten 1-0 by NI again / delete where applicable.

I think it would be fun Scotland vs Wales or ROI vs England but the match I want to see is England - Scotland

Back
Top Bottom