1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Home Nations Consider League

Discussion in 'Football' started by Jake_Hazuki, 4 February 2007.

1. Jake_Hazuki

Jake_Hazuki League 2

23 December 2006
    Scotland
    AS Roma
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6329523.stm

Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic are said to be keen -with England and Wales less so.

But Scotland manager Alex McLeish wants to play England in a friendly at the new Wembley at the very least.

"I would relish the thought of it," he said. "I'm not one for meaningless friendlies, but this is different

I would love to see Scotland against England at wembley so what do you think of the considered league?

2. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    It's better than playing useless friendlies that generate very little interest.

3. SPiTFiRE

SPiTFiRE Eus├ębio forever

6 April 2004
    SL Benfica
    Beautiful beautiful would be a Global UK PremierLeague, best sides from England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Nothern Ireland.

4. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    we have that already... the premier league

5. :: JJ ::

:: JJ :: Guest

You gotta love the FAW, when the idea of reviving the home internationals was mooted they were all for it, then just because they were guests of the Brazilian FA for a friendly a few months back, they think they can play top class opposition every friendly date. Think the old codgers who line their pockets at the expense of the sport here have terrible delusions of grandeur! :lol:

I'm all for it, better to have some good old rivalries restored instead of playing diddy teams like Liechtenstein every so often!

Doubt the English would have any interest because they'd probably win it often / get in the way of another failed World Cup bid / be embarassed if they get beaten 1-0 by NI again / delete where applicable.

6. Gareth G

Gareth G Guest

Great Times.:D bring back the home nations.

7. ash

ash DeMinistrator

21 March 2004
    London
    Man Utd
    Then France will join. Then Itlay, just like the 6Nations.....

8. Jake_Hazuki

Jake_Hazuki League 2

23 December 2006
    Scotland
    AS Roma
    I think it would be fun Scotland vs Wales or ROI vs England but the match I want to see is England - Scotland

9. Gareth G

Gareth G Guest

then brazil, portugal and spain will want to join, then we'll have a new world cup.