1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Homage to 80s and 90s spanish football

Discussion in 'Football' started by drekkard, 20 April 2012.

1. drekkard

drekkard International

23 March 2005
    Barcelona
    Barça, Arsenal, Ajax
    All of those who understand spanish will appreciate this a lot. It's a homage to the spanish (and world) football of the 80s and 90s. Very fun if you understand what they are saying and have a knowledge of spanish football of those times.

I knew all of those players. Shit, am I too obsessed with football??

YouTube - FRAC Odio Eterno Al fútbol moderno! (Album Exprópiese! 2011)

2. Lami

Lami Niche Football Staff

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    Wow what a throwback. I know most of them too. Some I forgot they existed even. I didn't understand anything but watching it was enough for me.

This kind of reminded me of someone I really liked a lot when playing for Barcelona, not 80's/90's (well 99 if that's still ok :P) though, who I've also forgot about. I liked his style and made difficult things look so easy for me.

And here he is:

YouTube - Rivaldo goals seasons 99/00 and 00/01

3. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    I don't know the 80's ones as I was born 87 but I know all the 90's! I think I'm too obsessed with footy too lol..

p.s. WAs Morientes gay? lol doubt it but that pic sure looked like it. I know that Xisco guy (Ex Deportivo and now on Newcastle's books still) is apparently.

4. The_Special_One

The_Special_One #helpmemeetgenie

17 August 2007
    Lovely Estoril
    #geniearmy
    :LMAO: WTF Sina!? I don't think Morientes is gay but I'm almost sure Guti is. lol he's the gayest sportsman besides Chris Bosh!

btw, I'm obsessed too... with footy I mean! :LOL:

5. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    Yeah Guti must have been gay! Though I'm sure he wouldn't admit it lol.

@drekkard, which Barca player past or present do you think was gay out of interest? There have always been rumours about Marc Overmars though it's all probably BS. I loved watching this guy play! He was amazing and one of the best wingers in his era.

6. drekkard

drekkard International

23 March 2005
    Barcelona
    Barça, Arsenal, Ajax
    Well, you would never tell... But Migueli, known as "tarzan" in the 80s, a very similar player to Puyol, was gay. I don't know any other who admitted it.

7. Damjan

Damjan World Cup Winner

16 July 2011
    Arsenal|Juventus|ASSE
    There was a rumour in the Netherlands that Overmars had been caught with a homosexual singer making out and stuff. Lol.

8. sonoman

sonoman Premiership

13 November 2003
    México
    Mexico / Türkiye
    hahahaha

9. Sabatasso

Sabatasso Banned

26 August 2009
    South of Heaven
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Too bad Rivaldo destroyed himself with this;
    YouTube - Rivaldo how fake?

pathetic...

10. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    Hahaha I remember that! That was so bad! :LMAO:

Amazing player though! Incredible!

11. Lami

Lami Niche Football Staff

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    I wouldn't say destroyed, but pathetic, yes.

12. Aboutreika18

Aboutreika18 Too Black, Too Strong

5 September 2006
  13. Kanouté

Kanouté #NewEra

26 April 2008
    speaking for myself, I honestly feel no inconvenience for overlooking that kind of stuff the players of his class occasionally does. the guy had huge talent and he was scary brilliant on the pitch. I always felt for the defenders facing Rivaldo back in the days. boy, that must have been frightening for them.. on the other hand, I could never help but enjoy watching the legend doing his thing.

and note that that shit was done against my country's team..

14. Review

Review Guest

I was too young for this era. I wish I could have been around to see Michael Laudrup and Pep G. play for Barca. Hard to believe that people actually say that they were better passers and playmakers then Xavi and Iniesta.

15. goalgerd

goalgerd File Maker

30 July 2006
    dublin, eire
    Ringsend Rovers
    YouTube - Real Madrid - Real Valladolid Jor.02 (1-0) 91-92

im 34 next week and i remember watching la liga and serie a from the late 80s onwards,those leagues just wiped the floor with the engliah 1st division at the time(apart from the great liverpool team of 86-90)valderama vs prosinecki in that vid quality stuff

16. Review

Review Guest

Aside from the Madrid Karate Kick goal and the ankle breaker move at the 3:24 mark those match highlights are not that good IMO. I wasn`t around in the 80`s though so I guess you know best.:P

17. Kanouté

Kanouté #NewEra

26 April 2008
  18. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    :LOL: