Ho do you get proper kit/player etc edits from the internet to ps2?

uk_stanners

Conference
3 October 2003
N.Ireland
So, my ps2 isnt chipped so i cant get the edited copies... and i dont have ps2 internet, the modems arent sold here anymore..

but what would i need? how do you get the updates and edits etc onto the ps2, and how much does the stuff cost?

is it like a memory card adaptor, or a cable, or do i need the harddisk??

i have no ideas, but can yous help me with were to get them how much etc etc cheers

You dont need your ps2 chipped to play edited copies, use the swap magic card (cant remember the site at the moment) i have it and it works great \\:o/

How does max drive work? Can you directly save and load game saves onto and from the memory stick, or do you have to save them to the memory card and then transfer them to the memory stick?

Does it have to be a maxdrive as i have a 1gb usb memory stick is this any good ?

what is better to have, an x port or max drive???? dont know how to use either so aint got a clue. also, how easy is it to use?? i.e-get all the right kits and players names. cheers in advance.

Or to patch the game directly and have top quality looking kits :) you need a Hard Drive, HD Advance 2.0 and a network adapter if you DONT have your console chipped and DONT want it chipped :) otherwise a chipped machine plus the ability to burn DVD's

DJ

dazmfc said:
what is better to have, an x port or max drive???? dont know how to use either so aint got a clue. also, how easy is it to use?? i.e-get all the right kits and players names. cheers in advance.

I don't think it makes a lot of difference, I have an x-port and you just download the option file you want from the net and the x-port makes it so the option file can be read by your PS2.

Someone will have knocked out an option file within a week or so.

and these option files are easy to locate and worth getting?

what sort of size are they, do they fit easily onto a memory card, or do they fill it??

roughly how much does an xport cost? for the simplest one needed?

and could i get ps2 internet without a hard drive, and get the option file from that onto memory card?

Last edited:
Here is a guide by Tidy:

As a guide:

Pre-process recommendation - make sure you copy your existing option file to another memory card, just in case.

1. Download the option file to "My Received Files"
2. Install MD software on PC
3. Connect MD to USB port on PC
4. Go to "My Received Files" and right click on the downloaded option file.
5. "Copy" to "Max Drive F:" (should be the bottom option).
6. Take MD out of USB port on PC
7. Put PS2 MD disk in PS2, then turn off PS2
8. Connect MD to USB port of PS2 and switch on PS2
9. Press x to skip past Datel marketing film
10. Choose "My Devices"
11. Choose memory card with your current option file on it
12. Select your current option file and delete it.
13. Back to "My Devices" and select the MD
14. Select the PES4 Option file in the left hand window
15. Choose "Uncrush to MC" ( either number 1 or 2 - whichever memory card you want the option file to go to)
16. Switch off PS2
17. Boot up Pro Evo 4
18. Enjoy.

There are a few spelling errors, but nothing that can't be sorted out in 3 or minutes quick editing.

Right - I'm off.

so, i think max drive looks better and cheaper than export then... i take it the MD disk comes with the max drive... and i dont need to by a hard disk or anything else, all in all it works out well :)

im hoping though it will work for pro evo 5 just as it says it works for evo 3 and 4?

Yeah thats wot i want to know, will the xbox one work for pro 5 too?

iv bin tempted to buy one for ages, but i might wait a bit cos it will probably take ages for someone to make a patch for pro 5

uk_stanners said:
so, i think max drive looks better and cheaper than export then... i take it the MD disk comes with the max drive... and i dont need to by a hard disk or anything else, all in all it works out well :)

im hoping though it will work for pro evo 5 just as it says it works for evo 3 and 4?

Yes it will mate.

Keep in mind if ur just getting an max drive or xport you will only be able to have updated option files, not full patches.

benny- what do you mean by that??? i am a technological idiot, so i dont know the first thing about what you can and cant do with a max drive.

max drive and xport can only transfer saves to your memory card so all you will get is stuff that can be done with the in-game editor, which isn't too bad in pes5

but if you want to be able to import high quality kits, balls, boots, ad boards, club emblems, competition logos, ref kits, updated stadium textures, chants etc then you'll need to make an iso of the original dvd and patch it and burn to dvd-r, then you need to be able to play it on your ps2 so you'll need either a modchip, swap magic or install a hard drive inyour ps2 (you'll need a hard drive, ps2 network adapter and hdloader software)

i do a lot of editing so the hard drive is best for me as i can import some stuff then 5 minutes later it's installed on hard drive and i can test it instead of waiting for a dvd to burn and wasting loads of discs testing stuff

thanks for that fishcake. right, this is for you then, as you know what your talking about. i have only just bought a max drive,i did this coz i thought it was what i needed to get all the correct kits and badges. But reading your last post, that doesnt seem the case. when i bought pro evo 4 for ps2 last year it took me ages to do all the badges, kits and correct player name changes. i understand what your saying about max drive not changing everything possible so what actual things does it change???? am i due for another eternity of making badges and changing kits and names again??? :roll:
cheers for your help.

its all become alot clearer now that i have got my max drive and sorted out my first option file.

Last edited by a moderator:
dazmfc said:
thanks for that fishcake. right, this is for you then, as you know what your talking about. i have only just bought a max drive,i did this coz i thought it was what i needed to get all the correct kits and badges. But reading your last post, that doesnt seem the case. when i bought pro evo 4 for ps2 last year it took me ages to do all the badges, kits and correct player name changes. i understand what your saying about max drive not changing everything possible so what actual things does it change???? am i due for another eternity of making badges and changing kits and names again??? :roll:
cheers for your help.

its all become alot clearer now that i have got my max drive and sorted out my first option file.

all you can change with max drive or xport is stuff in the option file

kits
flags/badges
logos
boots
player data (names, stats, appearance etc)
team data (formation, starting lineup, tactics etc)
stadium names
competition names

you can either edit all this stuff yourself or wait for someone to release an edited option file then transfer it with your max drive

Back
Top Bottom