Hillsborough papers: Cameron apology over 'double injustice'

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
No words. I just wanted to post this.

I live over the water from Liverpool, but I work there, and have family from there, and the way this has affected so many people that I know and care about - and the relief that this has brought - is astounding.

As are some of the findings.

Very emotional day.

Yep, I have no connection at all, I was 8 just about to be 9 when it happened and I still remember it being on the news etc (and I have a rubbish memory)

I have read quite a bit on it since and seen footage and the TV programme. It makes me angry just thinking about it, so I can't imagine what the people must have gone through for all of these years.

Disgraceful that it has taken this long, hopefully the people affected can get the proper apologies/compensation/convictions etc that they deserve.

• Staff
"41 people could possibly have been saved after the 3:15 'cut-off point'."

Sickening, just unbelievable. People have to be held accountable. I wonder what has been found about Thatcher (although no doubt it will never see the light of day).

What really worries me more though is the guys who still think the tabloid headline etc. was the real truth, and there's plenty out there. Really scary.

I think ppl writing opinions should be held accountable. If I see a fan fighting medic or police you cant ...just say thuggery. If I seen ppl needing help I couldn't remain calm. I imagine the shock n desperation that went on there.

I think about the Hicks story the pain in the father's eyes. A cup of coffee will never be the same ever. Both daughters lost... I pray that family gets restoration and all connected to this tragedy

Last edited:
Justice will only be finally done when ALL of those, including members of the government of the time, the South Yorkshire Police force and employees of the Sun who were responsible for not just bending the truth but perpetuating complete lies face the judicial system. Nobody should send their family off to watch a game of sports, never to see them again.

One of the biggest crowd management cock ups of history and the Chief of Police in charge has been protected since then. Now what? I guess some sort of vindication at the maximum, but the damage was such that true justice cannot be made anymore.
I cannot even begin to imagine the pain Hicks father feels for the rest of his existence.

Also, The Sun is just rotten isn't it? Saying sorry 23 years later is not enough for the damage sensationalist and irresponsible "journalism" has caused.

Just makes you sick and believing less and less in institutions. And The Sun, and the Murdoch empire, they can all rot in hell.

There were many details I didn't know of the day of the tragedy until reading today.

RIP 96, The wheels of justice will now hopefully be set in motion. Those who have slanderd the club over this day, should hang their heads in shame.

I was in the Leppings Lane end, in '87 (Leeds v Coventry FA Cup Semi-Final)
We had tickets for the seats above the terracing, so were a couple of gates away from the ones opened in '89.
A few mins before KO the were hundreds outside the turnstiles, everyone getting annoyed(Police and fans) as it was nearly KO, the stewards and Police decided to open the gates to relieve the pressure at the turnstiles, and we all ran up into the stand to see the KO, naturally.
This is the same situation that happened two years later, but it never got mentioned in the press or TV until now - disgraceful.
I just hope justice is done and anyone who's to blame, get's their comeuppance.

Last edited:
Well the Attorney General Dominic Grieve has has the original verdicts of accidental death overturned which means the new inquiry may well result in new verdicts of unlawful killing with the appropiate penalties for those in charge on that fateful day as well as bringing some closure (if any could be possible) for the familes of the victims.

Back
Top Bottom