HIGH MED OR LOW ?

greenmachine

League 1
5 November 2003
HIGH MED OR LOW ?

what can you get ?

P4 2Ghz .. 1GbDDR .. ATI X1650Pro 512mb.

For me anything above LOW and I get frame rate problems, game speeds up and players and ball move x1.5 or more than they should.

But in LOW the graphics are so poor it looks like a PS1 game your playing with the goal frames jagged all the way round. And kits for get that!

I ran the demo on HIGH with the skip frame rate and vsync boxes ticked, the game was smooth and apart from the odd second or two in the pen boxes when the speed of game went faster but it was only in the boxes and it happened so fast and clear up again it was nothing to worry about.

When i played the demo I thought great I can play the game on high with only a second or so frame rate speed up and that's only now and again in the pen boxes. But now I think I will have to get the 360 version unless there is a mod to turn off the crowd without lowering the graphic settings.

On the game ...

speed of play (not frame rate issue) the game is faster to fast for my liking. Yes you can walk about with the ball and pass it around the back but get into the middle of the park you see 3 or 4 cpu players closing around you force you to part with the ball a lot faster this closing of the cpu team MAKES you pass faster and this is what speeds the play up.

CPU Team AI is very good, on the flip side most times you AI controlled players are like tailors dummies. I can get the ball in the full back positions or in wide midfield and at times even in WIDE cam there are none of your players in shot (I know Radar) but that's not the same, and this then has you solo running with the ball and as you get to there final 3rd your open for a shot or slip in your foward by drawing there defender and passing or throughball.

You watch the cpu teams AI at times hunting in packs and supporting in attack, your player controlled by the AI don't have the same level of smartness and this is what leads to running with the ball..

I would put it down as this goals scored or near things: created by 60% solo running 40% team build up.

You can turn your solo runner back and pass the ball about, but that is not the same as a team built goal or chance as in team mates close support of the player on the ball. You can turn these runners back and pass about that only gives the illusion of team play, your forcing the build up of a passing game.

The lack of good AI team play player running in close support and i am not talking about 1 player but moving foward as a team and having 2 or 3 in and around to make passes to.. The human teams AI lacks that ability and in the end your force to go looking for them to pass to not them coming in support of the player on the ball.

I don't want to run up the park with one player and lay it off at the last minute or shoot for goal ( and hit it hard enough from the corners of the box across the keeper you' ll get a goal more times than not) but the last of AI team mate support in close support LEADS you to go on with the run.

He he ihave a pentium 4 (3,1Ghz) with 2 GB Ram and a Nvdia gforce 760GSHD with 256Mb, and gamespeed is like replaymode!!! Nice try konami! I dont know how to fix it, it is stuttering on every level, high, medium and low! Especialy near the box its like bulletmode in matrix!!!

Any idea i think we need a no CD crack, its the same like PES6, there i have the same problems, but now i have also tearin sometimes! Sorry but i will not buy a new PC for this Game and no new Graphic card!

Last edited:
speed up of game frame rate problem apart..

The game is fast to fast I think , just had another go there and the fast cpu player movement on the ball and the fact that your AI players are a good distance away from these players means that as soon as you take control of a player in that area you are using Sprint to get to the cpu plyaers.

And try walking or normal pace without a superstar on the ball and the cpu team have the ball off you before you can blink, this also lends to you having the player with the ball Sprinting and as I said the lack of your AI controlled team mates coming towards you and standing in or about there position lends to running with the ball and at speed so you don't lose it to the cpu team.

All in all the speed of play of the cpu team on the ball and there closing down off it, that added to the fact that you try normal pace with a player on the ball and you'll lose it all lends to playing with sprint.

Seabass has to in 2009's game have your AI player come looking for the ball and moving to a pass that you hit towards them and not having to wait until you take contol and do it for them, by then most of the time its to late and the cpu player has already done what you need your AI controlled players to go, they have moved towards the pass and cut it out..

my specs are: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ , Geforce 7800GTX 256mb, 1024MB Ram,

and my screen is 20.1" wide at 1680*1050 resolution

when I run pes2008 at 1680*1050 - high detail, I get slow downs when I play at stadiums like Bernebeu with crowd appearing too often on screen.

High detail is coming with the 3d crowd and it gives your pc a very hard time, I will probably choose to stick with 1680*1050 resolution but with medium detail. The only difference is the crows is 2d and it looks awful as usual in close ups, but what the hell...

If you block pes2008.exe to reach the net, it helps a bit with slow downs, but if you play online ..

There are two no cd crack exes already vitality and Fairlight, lets google it, I don't know because I play it cracked, because my order hasn't arrived yet..

If you block pes2008.exe to reach the net, it helps a bit with slow downs, but if you play online ..

There are two no cd crack exes already vitality and Fairlight, lets google it, I don't know because I play it cracked, because my order hasn't arrived yet..

thanks mate, I will give it a shot.

Sempron 3000+(1.81 GHz)
512 MB RAM
GeForce 7300GT 256MB 128bit DDR3
LOD: High, Use frame skipping, Wait for Vsync
res: 1024x768, Full screen

It lags rarely :)

Back
Top Bottom