1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Henry Howler!!!

Discussion in 'Football' started by vxnova, 13 December 2004.

1. vxnova

vxnova Guest

If anybody saw the Arsenal vs. Chelsea game at Highbury on sunday then you would know that the talk of the game is the awful miss by Thiery Henry!!! He had the ball cutback to him with an open net from eight yards out and he blasted it over the top!!! Arsenal desperatley needed the win but Henry completely messed up.For all you Henry supporters out there this is just one more reason why he is certainly not the best striker in the world.

ps. I apologise for editing.

Last edited by a moderator: 16 December 2004
  2. gunnerglory

gunnerglory Guest

Who are you? Shevchenko's agent? Where's the footie mods when you need them? Somebody please lock this shit up.

3. kingpug

kingpug Guest

I would understand if it was with his right foot, but it was his left.

Henry messed up?..ROFL, who was it that scored the the 2 goals for Arsenal?..yes, exactly, so think before you write.

4. phrase

phrase Tactician

12 December 2002
    Little Mancunia
    Exactly...if you noticed the replay on John Terry's goal from the corner....it was Henry whom was under him,the goon bottled it and didnt went up for the challenge...hahahaha...plus I dont think this thread is necessary.

5. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    If somebody would be singleminded/narrowminded/stupid enough it would be possible to make compilations of awfull misses by players like Pele, Maradonna, Cruijff, and yes even Shevchenko...

My dear friend from Los Angeles, there's a prejudice that enrages people like CSaunders. People with this prejudice claim that Americans know nothing about football...I think CSaunders will be very upset about your posting, because you confirm this prejudice...

Henry is a great player...

6. Joystick

Joystick Deep like Titanic

10 August 2004
    London
    The Arse
    Well said my friend

7. Joystick

10 August 2004
    London
    The Arse
    Fulham 1-1 Manchester United

:lol:

8. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    Just cuz Henry scored twice, it doesn't change the fact that he messed up a perfect chance.
    And we drew because of a great goal which is couldn't really be stopped, very similar to your loss to Liverpool.

9. Joystick

10 August 2004
    London
    The Arse
    Fair enough...

I just thought it was funny that he decided to acuse Henry of 'bottling it' when his team have just squandered a perfect opportunity to close the yawning gap on the top two.

Pot calling the kettle black? :D

10. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    yes henry was the only reason arsenal didnt lose, however a part of me does think, HOLY SHIT, how did he miss that.. will that shot define his career? I doubt it. Will that shot fuck him up mentally? Im sure it will, rooney missed a sitter of a pass last night to alan smith to go up 2-0. but instead he roofed it over the net.... now that wasnt as a blatant miss as henrys, but then again rooney had zero goals, in a game just as important..... Now on another note, henry has missed sitters like these before, especially with his head, see euro 2004 against greece, is this a developing patern in his game? maybe, if so, then we can keep critizing him for his big game misses, if this is an anomoly then we are dumb for saying he is a choker, from my experiences i have seen mr henry miss easy chances on more then one occasion.....

11. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    I've got to say, when i saw it crossed in towards Henry, i thought that was it. However, he was gifted a "sitter" last year with Cudicini's howler, so perhaps this makes up for it ;)

12. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Any more howlers to mention? I say, we have Cahill's from last weekend (still trying to erase result from memory) and from distant memory, how can I forget Ronnie "Rocket" Rosenthal's against Aston Villa in the early 90's? What is your teams worst blooper in the last 20 years?

13. vxnova

vxnova Guest

You all might think that Americans know nothing about soccer but alot us actually know a great deal about what goes on in the soccer world (even though we only have two channels that show games on a daily basis).Henry scored an amazing goal in the first minute of the game and another from a free kick which was very fair and well taken by him.But when it comes to clutch moments in which a goal needs to be scored for his team Henry almost always never rises to the occasion.He has certainly let down France many times and last season Arsenal were so dominant in the EPL that there was no pressure on Henry rise to the occasion.We will just see how the rest of the season turns out for Arsenal, especially the Champions League.

14. winning886

winning886 Guest

I agreed that you said Henry might not be a "big game player", but by saying that he's not the best striker in the world is definitely a foolish thing to say. Can i ask you who you think is the best striker in the world since you know so much about soccer?

15. Clockender

Clockender is back...but for how long?

27 November 2001
    East Lower, Block 13
    Arsenal FC
    You just summed it up mate, nobody here calls it Soccer*, its football. Please don't call it that again. Thank you.

PS. *Apart from Soccer Am ;)

16. gomito#10

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    I personally would take Shevy, Adriano,or a healthy Ronaldo over henry....

17. Ashed

Ashed 01000001011100110110100

29 January 2003
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Manchester United
    Is a mod allowed to do that?

18. gomito#10

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    its a pretty dick move by don....

19. Henry can miss chances like that because we all know he is a good player after all

20. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands

It's a ridiculous and provoking thread.

21. gomito#10

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    says who. you, yoru full of shit dude, you think ronaldo sucks, and i think your full of shit when you say that, but if i was a mod, i wouldnt edit your thread and put "im a wanker" , its a dick move in any thread. plain and simple DICK

22. Ashed

Ashed 01000001011100110110100

29 January 2003
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Manchester United
    Why is he even a moderator anyway? Mods are supposed to set a good example but come on, editing a person's post because you think it's provoking? :rolleyes:

23. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Yes, I said so, didn't I?

Creating one thread about one shot by henry, after all those shevchenko vs henry discussions is what I call provocotive.

24. gomito#10

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    editing a users post with a immature comment, isnt provocotive.. please don, your being an ass

25. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    You're right. It was not the smartest thing to do, but removing it now would just be an act of cowardice.

If I could, I would've locked this thread from the begining to be honest.

26. gomito#10

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    not cowardice don, inteligence.... a true man can admit he is wrong and show it

27. vxnova

vxnova Guest

It may have just been one missed shot by Henry but if he had scored Arsenal would just be two points behind Chelsea instead of five.

28. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Well you're the main protester to my action, so if you say so.

Ever seen the Arsenal and/or Chelsea thread. If you would've made a thread about the match itself, I probably wouldn't have been bothered. You made a thread about ONE MISS.

29. gomito#10

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    nice job don!!! your a good fellow

30. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Thank you.