Help With Defensive TACTICS

southernbelle

League 2
9 June 2010
I am getting whittled to pieces by the good teams in my ML. For reference, I am playing with MILAN, zero assit, 15 min, -1 speed.

I do play a high line, but what about other tips as far as tactics? do you guys use the all-defense tactic?

other tips? much use in marking certain players?

Yes, marking helps definitely. Get your CBs to mark their CFs, and maybe a DM to mark their most attacking midfielder. This way they will stick closely to them.

In terms of defending, be patient. Do not commit to tackles too fast, or they will just waltz past you. Learn when to jockey, when to pressure, and when to simply cover their passing angles. When you cover the AI's passing angles, they are slower in their buildup and don't just simply run all over you. It is definitely hard work though, but very rewarding.

EDIT: Ok realised you were referring to actual tactics. I don't really use defensive tactics per se, but just being patient will help. Maybe someone else can give some good tactics. Cheers!

Last edited:
Yes, marking helps definitely. Get your CBs to mark their CFs, and maybe a DM to mark their most attacking midfielder. This way they will stick closely to them.

In terms of defending, be patient. Do not commit to tackles too fast, or they will just waltz past you. Learn when to jockey, when to pressure, and when to simply cover their passing angles. When you cover the AI's passing angles, they are slower in their buildup and don't just simply run all over you. It is definitely hard work though, but very rewarding.

EDIT: Ok realised you were referring to actual tactics. I don't really use defensive tactics per se, but just being patient will help. Maybe someone else can give some good tactics. Cheers!

no very helpful indeed. i am still trying to figure out all the buttons for defending and tackling... quite complicated
this game is rewarding.

I myself prefer to stand off as much as i can and have my CB's holding on the 18yd line.

when i'm close i use R2 + O to "jocky" the opponent as this really gives you time to get that vital touch but also it's important to give the speedier players a yd distance and not get close as he'll have you turned in knots.

Been my secret to success this year

Back
Top Bottom