Help needed with audio connections

D

DagsJT

I've got a gaming chair which takes the red and white cables coming from my PS3, giving me my sound out of the chair speakers.

I've now got an XBox 360 as well but nowhere to hook the audio cables up to as the chair only accepts one set of cables. Also, the audio connectors branching off the VGA cable don't really give much so I can't even connect the audio from the 360 into the chair either way.

Anyone know if there's some kind of switch that I can plug both sets of audio connectors into, which then connects into my chair?

The audio cables can probably be a maximum of a foot or two away from the VGA connector itself, and I'd rather not put my gaming chair two foot away from the monitor if I can help it ;)

Ah yes I see what you mean mate! :LOL:

Well, that switch I linked earlier should do the trick then shouldn't it?

Bought this and works brilliantly :D

l05aa.jpg

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=32114&doy=28m12&C=SO&U=strat15

Hello, I thought I would hijack this thread for a moment. Hopefully somebody reads this post.

I have found a car stereo that I want - but it doesn't have an Aux input for my ipod. But it says it has a RCA line for Ipods etc

What cable would I need to connect my ipod to this stereo through RCA?

Thank you :))

Cheers :))

Just on most of them, they have an Aux input which is just a 3.5 jack thingy. Which would be easy. But this one is RCA which is a bit more of a pain. But the stereo is cheap so I will get it.

Thanks again.

Cheers :))

Just on most of them, they have an Aux input which is just a 3.5 jack thingy. Which would be easy. But this one is RCA which is a bit more of a pain. But the stereo is cheap so I will get it.

Thanks again.

Noooooooooo. Dont get a cheap car stereo! :SHOCK:

haha, sorry, I'm just a bit of an (car) audio snob. Make sure your stereo is decent, I'm not even sure which one you're looking at, but getting a "cheap" one aint good, unless it's a "bargain", in which case it may be decent. :P
Make sure it has decent outputs for everything, just in case you feel upgrading the rest of the system is worthwhile at some point.
I'm using a Pioneer DEH-P700BT at the moment, it has a handy USB input, which will take any MP3 player and it's designed for the iPod so you can use it straight from the head unit/remote itself which is quite funky. :)
Not sure how much you wanna spend, but I'd recommend it definately.

Noooooooooo. Dont get a cheap car stereo! :SHOCK:

haha, sorry, I'm just a bit of an (car) audio snob. Make sure your stereo is decent, I'm not even sure which one you're looking at, but getting a "cheap" one aint good, unless it's a "bargain", in which case it may be decent. :P
Make sure it has decent outputs for everything, just in case you feel upgrading the rest of the system is worthwhile at some point.
I'm using a Pioneer DEH-P700BT at the moment, it has a handy USB input, which will take any MP3 player and it's designed for the iPod so you can use it straight from the head unit/remote itself which is quite funky. :)
Not sure how much you wanna spend, but I'd recommend it definately.

I have already ordered it - I'm not too fussed on it being amazing. As long as I can hear it and its not all fuzzy and crap.

this is the one I am getting - its a gamble, but hopefully it pays off as it is not well known and there is no reviews anywhere on it. I'm not putting much hope in the bluetooth handsfree being any good. But atleast it is an option :))

http://www.carstereos4u.co.uk/bluet...bluetooth-car-audio-1975746-322640-574887.php

Only had the stereo installed for a few hours - but the bluetooth handsfree seems to be really good and clear both ways. The cd works well and so does the radio.

Just got to try an SD card and usb sticks and also the aux connection for my ipod.

But at the moment It is really good and for £72 including delivery its GGGGreat!! (Hopefully everything else works well ;)) )

Nice. Sounds good. :)

Looks to have decent features from the link you provided. A shrewd bit of business there by the looks of things, good work. ;)

Nice. Sounds good. :)

Looks to have decent features from the link you provided. A shrewd bit of business there by the looks of things, good work. ;)

It really is good - I tried the USB and it has the mp3 recognition - so you can see the track names etc on the unit. The ipod links up through the Aux and is perfectly clear.

The only thing left is the SD Card - I have ordered a 16GB Card and hope it works so I can put all of my music on that instead of bringing my ipod into the car all of the time.

Really I am no expert and have nothing to compare it to - but everything sounds great to me and am extremely happy with it. I thought atleast the bluetooth handsfree would be shit, but it is great. My Samsung G600 linked up really fast and works well.

My Dad saw it and now he wants one - so I am going to buy it for his Birthday :))

Can't fault it for the money, does it have adapter sockets for differing car models...?

Not sure what you mean - I am shit at all this. Do you mean for fitting it into the car? or connecting it to the car?

Fitting it, it had to thingy mabobs to slide it into place. But I think they were universal. Also the connections on the back just slotted in (For speakers and battery etc).

It doesn't mention in the instructions about different car models etc.

I have an old Peugeot 306 (1997) and it was very simple to install.

Not sure what you mean - I am shit at all this. Do you mean for fitting it into the car? or connecting it to the car?

Fitting it, it had to thingy mabobs to slide it into place. But I think they were universal. Also the connections on the back just slotted in (For speakers and battery etc).

It doesn't mention in the instructions about different car models etc.

I have an old Peugeot 306 (1997) and it was very simple to install.
Usually have an ISO connector block...

Like this
bmw_iso_connector.jpg

:TU: I'll check their site I was gonna go for an ipod connect model but the card makes a lot of sence...

The site doesn't give you much info unfortunately.

The mp3 recognition is good. But it is not fantastic, you can find the albums fine etc but it can be a bit fiddly. But for the price it is great. If I had money for one that was fully compatible for the ipod etc then I would have bought it, but this one is decent and great for the money.

I will let you know how I get on with the SD card. In the instructions it has a disclaimer saying along the lines of, 'they are not liable for certain types of cards etc not working' and they don't tell you what cards are compatible. So I think it will be a bit hit and miss.

But I will let you know.

Back
Top Bottom