help formatting laptop

LFC Albania

Banned
13 October 2012
Kosova
Albania NT
hi guys , I wanna format a laptop Compaq , it work start and everything its fine , its working a bit slowly and i have it from 2 years so i wanna clear it and install windows xp (it has WIN 7 now) it has neven been format before .... it read CD , press any key , and than its like this look pic , i have format a lot of other PC/Laptop but i never had this problem so i just dont know what to do .... hope anyone can help me

img0795h.jpg

img0796n.jpg

img0798dc.jpg

nah thats probably due to the SATA controller driver tim. i have downgraded some machines from vista/7 before to xp and hit that same issue like. you will need to check on the manufacturers website if there is a SATA controller driver for windows xp. then you will need to use nlite to make a modded version of your xp install disc with the SATA driver slip-streamed into it.

this should help lad.

nah thats probably due to the SATA controller driver tim. i have downgraded some machines from vista/7 before to xp and hit that same issue like. you will need to check on the manufacturers website if there is a SATA controller driver for windows xp. then you will need to use nlite to make a modded version of your xp install disc with the SATA driver slip-streamed into it.

this should help lad.

thanks buddy , so you're telling me that if i try formating it with win7 it wont have any problem ?

thanks buddy , so you're telling me that if i try formating it with win7 it wont have any problem ?
nooo mate what im sayin is you will need to download the SATA controller drivers for windows xp if the manufacturer of your laptop has them on their website. use a program called nlite to slipstream the drivers into a windows xp install disc image and burn it to cd. then you should be able to boot into the windows setup without that stop error happening.

nooo mate what im sayin is you will need to download the SATA controller drivers for windows xp if the manufacturer of your laptop has them on their website. use a program called nlite to slipstream the drivers into a windows xp install disc image and burn it to cd. then you should be able to boot into the windows setup without that stop error happening.

LOL thank you but after reading your first comment i try formatting with WIN 7 and it works so I go on lol

now everything is good

isnt that important i can use win 7 too as i use till now :)

thanks buddy

Back
Top Bottom