Help Finding Good Quality Headphones.

TheJinxedOne

Valar Morghulis.
20 July 2011
The Red Keep
CM: Bradford & ML: N/A
I only have £25 to spend on headphones, and need a pair of preferably overhead headphones which have good sound cancelling as I use top volume on a school bus I don't want any leakage and provide high quality sound, for use with an iPod classic.

Mainly listen to 'Screamo', Acoustic and Dubstep. So they need to be able to cope with a range of sound and volume levels and some heavy Bass.
Need a cord length of at least 1.5m, jack size 3.5mm

Any help would be incredible, and anything ASAP would be perfect! :)

Also, would be helpful for ordering from Play or Amazon.

Last edited:
Do you like Sennheiser earbuds? They aren't more than $25USD on slickdeals.net when they show up, and they do the job for the price. I'm not an audiophile so you may be looking for something else if you want a higher quality set.

Not £25 but stretch another £11.30 and you will get these bad boys

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDRXB5...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1342614699&sr=1-1

Great for music and gaming and they have extra bass

check out the reviews for them

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB50...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

For the price you cant go wrong with these

TC cheers for the suggestion but buds do my head in, plus Sennheiser do good quality overhead and speakers but there earphones are poor, several of my mates have tried them and really don't like them!

Coopz, Cheers mate, I've got a day of Summer work coming up so will be able to afford these.. They seem awesome :D

Thanks again!

They arrived this morning!

My first thoughts were on how big they are, no kidding one of the 'speakers' (completely forgotten the technical name) is the same size as the palm of my (particular large) hand.
The simple black and silver design makes for a styled look though, and the large size means nothing when in use because they're so comfortable within minutes you can forget they're even on your head.

The wearing is so comfortable, and I used them for 2 hours straight before writing this and they didn't irritate one bit.. Nor did the sound get too loud for too long, and even in this heat were experiencing so far they didn't make my head or ears feel overheated.

And the dual wire split for each headphone is a feature I was never a fan of, however however the cord length is good and the splitter is low down so no trouble there I guess.

Now then sound quality is what matter with headphones and so I quickly got down to business testing them with different styles of music and cycling through my iPod equalisers to see what they're good for.

After an initial 10 minute period for 'breaking in' so to speak they kicked in and they're really awesome for sound, the bass on some songs was a bit too much but a quick switch to bass reducer sorted that quickly and now they're damn near perfect.

Listening to them in a crowded family room led to finding they block sound perfectly while leading to no sound leaking at a reasonable volume, which incidentally they seem to cope well at low, mid and high volumes with no distortion to sound.

Thanks for finding these Coopz, they're the best pair of headphones I've owned and get includes Skullcandy Hesh Headphones, A borrows pair of £120 beats by Dre and a previous pair of Sony headphones!

Last edited:
No worries mate

I forgot to mention how big they were and how comfy they were.

Love listening to music in these, the clarity is what makes them so good for me. You can seem to hear every instrument while the vocals come through crystal clear at the same time plus the bass on R&B sounds like you have a good sub on a stereo and can feel it :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom