Help finding and installing xbox 360 option file

micky22

Non-League
14 October 2007
NE England
Nufc
Morning all,

Iv been playing pro for years now on my pc and love the option file you get for it :D iv since sold my pc and bought an xbox, obviously my 1st buy was pro evo 2011 :SMUG:

So I was hoping some kind person here could point me in the right direction on instruction on how to install an option file and were to get a good option file from, I prefer option file that hasnt had stats messed with to much, I pretty much would like one for strips, stadium and faces etc?

Any help would be much appreciated ;)
Thanks
Micky :COOL:

I think the best Xbox 360 option file is one by a chap called Daymos, there is also one by Bolloxmasta. Try searching for them in google, all the instructions will come with it. :)

On
Code:
[url]www.pesgaming.com[/url]
option-files for xbox360 can be found, but I advise against them.

Not because they are badly made, they are mostly great and have the potential to completely cure the licence-problem.. but apparently there is still a bug in PES 2011 that leads to worse gameplay in combination with these downloaded option-files.

I hope that for PES 2012 Konami will design the game in such a way that it won't be hampered in any way through these fan-made option-files.

What bug ? As long the files dont have gameplay changes then what could possibly be different ? I dont see it. It's an urban myth.

Last edited:
I have a new slim xbox do I need a transfer cable or can I load these file straight from a usb stick?

And thanks guys much appreciated :)

mick22 how would you compare the xbox 360 with the pc, what aspects have you experienced with the console version that has advntages or disadvantages over one another

Maybe it doesn't happen to everyone or on every console... but a lot of people reported that, why should they lie?

Because they are stupid and paranoid. Seriously, how can editing team names and creating strips ruin gameplay mechanics ? It's merely a cosmetic change. I've probably played PES as much as anyone here, with two differing option files and never noticed anything different. And I do have a very keen eye when it comes to PES. It's utter rubbish.

mick22 how would you compare the xbox 360 with the pc, what aspects have you experienced with the console version that has advntages or disadvantages over one another

Hmmm thats a tricky one, I had a pretty decent pc, i7 with 12gb ram, a 480gtx 2gb card and the difference is minimal in fact I prefer my pc version, it seem smother no glitches, I find the xbox version very glicthy, maybe thats my crap tv upstairs lol

USB should be fine, worked for me :COOL:
Thanks m8

Because they are stupid and paranoid. Seriously, how can editing team names and creating strips ruin gameplay mechanics ? It's merely a cosmetic change. I've probably played PES as much as anyone here, with two differing option files and never noticed anything different. And I do have a very keen eye when it comes to PES. It's utter rubbish.

I've heard it from people that are as long-time-PES-fans as you and me are, really good players that have experience and not just some newbies, it can't be discarded as rubbish just because the problem didn't occur with your game and the option files you used.

I agree with this.

I've used three different option files since release, no gameplay changes whatsoever.

Just look at the content of the files themselves FFS... It's an "Edit Data" file for the names/squads, and a load of image files for the kits. How could any of that affect gameplay? (Unless it's supposed to, like goalgerd's file)

Whenever there's a patch/mod/update or whatever released, official or unofficial, people always see changes which simply aren't there.

I use Dragonskin's option file for 360 and it's great. I am adding to it at the moment with an Australian league. Takes forever to edit on the 360 though and not as crisp graphics becuase we can't import from USB :(

But the only problem with the option file is that it takes longer to load up with all the extra edit data. Haven't noticed any bugs or gameplay issues whatsoever.

Iam using the Dragonskin option file, the only issue I have is the premier league, la liga and Italian league flags dont show at all anywere in the game :( iv done it 3 times now and each time it happens? But part from that its spot on so I can live with it :)

Did you read through the forum thread on pesfan? Dragonskin has answered a lot of questions like yours. If you can find the emblems within the edit data you can apply them yourself easily. If you can't see them at all anywhere (which is what I think you're saying, then maybe they're not transferring. I think it takes two lots of transfers to get everything from the option file into the game.

Did you read through the forum thread on pesfan? Dragonskin has answered a lot of questions like yours. If you can find the emblems within the edit data you can apply them yourself easily. If you can't see them at all anywhere (which is what I think you're saying, then maybe they're not transferring. I think it takes two lots of transfers to get everything from the option file into the game.

Ok thats were am going wrong I think, I only do it once and get a total of 234 files :( hmmm but iv already started my master league again, can I transfer the other files without messing my save games up?

If you read through the instructions, the first transfer does a certain amount of files and the next lot does the rest. So I think you're right...you'll need to transfer the remaining files.

I think you should be ok with the save files as they are separate but back them up on USB stick maybe?

I used instructions from the internet because the instructions I got with the file were for pes2010 but anyway ill give it a blast, thanks again m8 ;)

I agree with this.

I've used three different option files since release, no gameplay changes whatsoever.

Just look at the content of the files themselves FFS... It's an "Edit Data" file for the names/squads, and a load of image files for the kits. How could any of that affect gameplay? (Unless it's supposed to, like goalgerd's file)

Whenever there's a patch/mod/update or whatever released, official or unofficial, people always see changes which simply aren't there.

Actually, all the PNG image files bog down the Xbox's processor, especially if you have an older Xbox - Daymos recommends you to use his option files with an Xbox that has over 20gb of hard drive space (even though the space and processing aren't related, but the newer ones are supposed to be a little faster). I myself have an older 15gb Xbox, and had the Daymos Bundesliga option file and found everything - from loading time to gameplay - to be really slowed down.

I deleted the uniform images and kept the edit file - that doesn't affect the slowdown because all of those images come from within the game and don't have to be loaded - and the gameplay is drastically better. Because it's not constantly rendering images like a jersey sponsor and uniform, the gameplay is smoother and you're not as negatively affected by through balls from the CPU or difficulty switching players.

So, yes - it does matter. My suggestion would be, if you have an older Xbox, to download the option files but not use the uniform images.

Back
Top Bottom