Heavy Rain - PS3

Got Thursday and Friday booked off this week so will pop to Asda in the morning and pick it up on Friday I reckon. Can't believe it's finally coming out after hearing about it years ago :LOL:

Got Thursday and Friday booked off this week so will pop to Asda in the morning and pick it up on Friday I reckon. Can't believe it's finally coming out after hearing about it years ago :LOL:

With any luck, Alan Wake will be arriving sometime this decade, too.

I think im just gonna wait till i can get a very cheap PS3 and by then this should be cheap as well

Then its onto GT5

Thinking along a similar line Coopz, this game has very little replay value imo. Some will want to see how different decisions effect the game, but Im pretty sure the majority, once having experienced the whole story will be done and try to get as much as possible from trading in.

However the problem with waiting is trying to keep from hearing the story/clues/etc.

As long as you dont come in this thread or read reviews on it you should be ok

I would want to see the endings but i bet there won't be that many changes to the story inbetween so i cant see me going over it again

i think this game, uncharted 2, blu ray and this software would make anyone want a ps3 and for me it almost trumps xbox for this alone

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/

Yep, ps3mediaserver is the best piece of software I've ever had to play my movies. That and adding PLC as network to my home (thus having internet ready on any plug in the house) has changed my way of consuming entertainment.

The 360 can't stream MKV's, you have to faff around with setting up Media Centre and all that rubbish. Probably loads of other stuff, I always found streaming on the 360 to be a mess compared to PS3MS.

Anyway, off-topic.

All you need to do is convert a MKV to MP4 which takes about 2 minutes and it works fine

I cant say i have had any problems with WMP streaming music or anything else onto the 360

Can we not get into a discussion regarding the merits of one console or another? If you want to enjoy all the games, then there is a very simple solution. Buy all the consoles. Thats what I and lots of other people have done and its the best way to do things. Obviously you may prefer one over the other. I prefer my PS3 over my 360 and I get most of the games for the PS3 now. But before the end of 2008 it was the other way round.

Anyway regarding Heavy Rain, how long do HMV take to deliver? Its getting dangerous with all the spoilers floating about. I hear people are setting up fake Twitter accounts with the killers name lol!

Can we not get into a discussion regarding the merits of one console or another? If you want to enjoy all the games, then there is a very simple solution. Buy all the consoles. Thats what I and lots of other people have done and its the best way to do things. Obviously you may prefer one over the other. I prefer my PS3 over my 360 and I get most of the games for the PS3 now. But before the end of 2008 it was the other way round.
This!

Enjoy the best of both.

The 360 can't stream MKV's, you have to faff around with setting up Media Centre and all that rubbish. Probably loads of other stuff, I always found streaming on the 360 to be a mess compared to PS3MS.

Anyway, off-topic.

How do you stream MKV on PS3?! Ive been trying for bloody ages but cant get it to work. Do I need somthing else installed?

PS3 Media Server does it. It's not great over wireless, not sure over ethernet though?

?

All i said is that the 360 also does what he mentioned as one of the good things for the PS3

I wasn't discussing anything about which is better

?

All i said is that the 360 also does what he mentioned as one of the good things for the PS3

I wasn't discussing anything about which is better
sorry mate the 360 is a pain in the ass to stream anything with.. for crying out loud i have tried for a year now to find my pc from my xbox and it has never worked.. the ps3 worked right away the first time. Also why would I want to convert files, i dont. Does the xbox stream flac? Does it stream DD 5.1? sorry for off topic, but i think the 360 is weak as a streaming media server

Wow, started playing the game today. So far, so good. The game feels great to me. I know many people won't like it because you can't shoot around or rip off heads, but this game is a joy for cinema and game hardcore lovers. It's got a lot of great details and the story is very good. You feel totally absorbed by it from scratch (if you want to).

There are some technical glitches, but they don't put me off at all from the game/story. I think they've been brave to bet for this game and it's something I always wanted to play/experiment and never had the chance.

I think people should definitely try it because it's something new and creative, things that are seldomly seen nowadays.

Great great piece of entertainment in my oppinion. Having played Mass Effect 2 the last weeks, I've had more emotional bond with this game in 2 hours than in all the other game.

The ps3 is starting to build a very special catalogue of games. This one, LBP, Demon's souls, the oncoming The last guardian... all of them unique experiences you won't find anywhere else. Call it the special "sony" touch, because it's real. I can't find Microsoft risking in this kind of products, unless Heavy rain proves a success and they start to clone it.

I got it this morning, there is a patch to download.

Also you should hold off redeeming the voucher code that comes with the game, the soundtrack is MIA and it sounds like it won't be available for a few days. I've already redeemed my code, hopefully they'll sort me out.

Ah thanks. I thought the soundtrack came on a separate disc? I didnt know you had to download it.

Back
Top Bottom