Heavy Rain - PS3

I thought it was a great demo anyway - gives you enough to see how the game plays and how you can pick different choices - it shows you that you can only select so many of the choices before the game advances - so if you pick 6 of the 10 offered to you the next time you play you can try the others you didn't select. Nothing huge will differ in that scene but say for example you don't help someone you'd have to assume that will come back to bite you on the ass...and if you do help them then something different will happen later.

You can download it from other peoples account yeah. I downloaded it on my brothers account so he could get it himself later and it worked fine after installing on my actual psn account.

It was supposed to be a reward for those who are playing the 4 day challenge... not sure why they didn't expect people to just copy and paste the answers everywhere and let their mates know but maybe that's part of their plan - to see how many hits the site takes from different IPs to judge the desire for the game.

So, how can I grab the demo? I received today the 2ndth day challenge. Do I have to wait to receive the last email or is there any page where you can get the downloading code quicker?

So, how can I grab the demo? I received today the 2ndth day challenge. Do I have to wait to receive the last email or is there any page where you can get the downloading code quicker?

Heavy Rain demo is on the EU store - you have to do today's 4 days challenge that is emailed to you to get it though.

http://www.heavyrainps3.com/

Go to this site
http://precinct52.com/

Short cigarette.

Sphinx coffee shop. (its the bottom right coffee shop, C i think)

Origami bird.

Import car tracks.

Get your demo

But people have been having trouble connecting to the site since about 10am this morning. not sure if they've sorted it out yet.

They've really not had the sense to realise how much demand there would be for the demo. The Precinct website has been a mess all day and now it's working but the HR website to register is down. Sloppy PR.

Got my code in the end, taking a while to download but I imagine PSN is being hammered. In saying that, it was SO slow yesterday as well just trying to use Vidzone but I put that down to Bad Company 2 demo being released.

61% downloaded, 27 mins left, really excited to play this :)

If it's as good as Fahrenheit, I'll be over the moon. Fahrenheit is up there as one of my all time favourite games :)

Anyone else still after codes?

They made this game yonks ago on the dreamcast

YouTube - Omikron: The Nomad Soul Trailer

The Nomad Soul is set in a futuristic city known as Omikron, which is a densely populated metropolis on the world of Phaenon, the second planet of the star Rad'an. At the start of the game, players are asked by an Omikronian police officer named Kay'l 669 to leave their dimension and enter Omikron within his body (therefore breaking the fourth wall). After doing so, players continue with the investigation of serial killings that Kay'l and his partner Den were originally working on, attempting to pick up where Kay'l was apparently stopped from investigating. The city of Omikron exists beneath an enormous crystal dome which was constructed to protect against the ice age that Phaenon entered after its sun's extinction. The city is split into four different sectors: Arrashbah, Qualisar, Janjur, and Lahoreh. Because it is forbidden for the inhabitants to leave their respective sectors, each area has developed uniquely, which is reflected by the diverging lifestyles and architecture. Common to all Omikronians, however, is the heavily oppressive and controlling government which is run by a supercomputer called Ix.

Story

Soon after the beginning of the game's introduction, the player begins the investigation in the Anekbah sector. He uncovers information that suggests the serial killer he is looking for is in fact not human but actually a demon. When members of an apparent underground, anti-government movement contact the player and confirm his suspicions, the investigation deepens and uncovers information; one of Omikron's chief police commanders, Commandant Gandhar, is a demon pretending to be human and lures human souls into Omikron from other dimensions by way of the Omikron video game. Kay'l 669 asking the player to help him was a trap: supposedly, if the in-game character dies, the real human playing the video game will lose their soul forever. Despite many assassination attempts on the protagonist's life by other demons working behind the scenes, the player destroys Gandhar with supernatural weaponry.

After this brief victory, the player is invited to join the mysterious anti-government movement named "The Awakened" (referring to the fact the characters have "awakened" from the lies and drugs of the government). The Awakened work in tandem with an ancient religious order who are led by Boz, a mystical being that exists in purely electronic form on the computer networks of Omikron. The Awakened refer to the protagonist as the "Nomad Soul" since he has the ability to change bodies at will. The Nomad Soul learns afterwards that what is going on in Omikron is merely an extension of a thousands-of-years-old battle between mankind and demons led by the powerful Astaroth. Astaroth, who was banished to the depths of Omikron long ago, is slowly regenerating power while using demons to both collect souls and impersonate high members of the government; he believes he can eventually take complete control and move across Phaenon and the Universe beyond. Only by harnessing ancient, magical technology and by re-discovering several hidden tombs underneath Omikron's surface, can the Nomad Soul hope to discover how to destroy Astaroth, return to his own dimension, and prevent his soul from being captured by demons.

Last edited:
Fucking fantastic demo, already feels like what Fahrenheit should've been. Absolutely amazing, totally captivating for just a demo. And the music is 600 kinds of awesome.

Fucking fantastic demo, already feels like what Fahrenheit should've been. Absolutely amazing, totally captivating for just a demo. And the music is 600 kinds of awesome.

:APPLAUD:

Loved it! Next-gen Fahrenheit without the aliens it seems! Loved the QTE's and loved the fact that if you don't press the buttons in time, then you don't get punished and a different animation shows instead. Brilliant stuff :D

The aliens and supernatural crap is really what killed Fahrenheit after having been my all time favorite gaming experience for the first 75% or so.

Heavy Rain is likely to be the best game I've ever played, and I'm basing that one two short demo scenes. My favorite is Scott Shelby by far, didn't care for the other guy. Except for the very first few seconds when he pulls up in his car.

I'll be honest and say that the stuff with those special glasses kinda took the shine off a bit. Went a bit ... silly then and I did feel a little disappointed initially. Still loved it though :D

Yeah the cop scene is pretty dull and I wasn't so sure abput the glasses and R1 scan thing as well. Really pulls you out of the story and screams IT'S A GAME at you. Though I think I'd prefer this than having to walk around without it searching through the grass waiting for something to pop up as i walked over it.

I did laugh when I was climbing back down the hill and i failed to press the buttons and my guy went tumbling down on his ass covered in mud. Pretty much what I'd probably end up doing.

Are the 2 scenes linked. I'm guessing the body you look over is the woman's son? Or maybe not... I can't remember if they give away the identity or age of the body at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom