HDMI Cable

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
Right, there seem to be so many different cables available, (versions, price and materials it's made from), so basically what do I want to buy to connect my Xbox to my TV via HDMI?

I'm an HDMI noob so thanks for any help!

All HDMI cables are the same pretty much, don't worry about specs and all of that nonsense.

Thanks guys :)). Howcome some cables cost like £60 then?!

Same reason as people like Henley want to charge £35 for a t-shirt when you can a t-shirt for £5 elsewhere. If people can be fooled into thinking expensive=better somehow, they'll buy it.

My HDMI cables for like Bitter's links, £3 jobbies from eBay, and they work great.

Ye they are digital. Either work or they don't . I would never pay more than a fiver. The link I gave are good quality for the money

Errr, ok not being funny but the picture quality is fucking awful with the £1.50 HDMI cable that has arrived today! No where near as good quality as the one that I used the other day.

I'm going to buy the official Xbox HDMI cable, as that also comes with the adapter so I can have digital optical sound direct from the Xbox.

Last edited:
You probably bought a duff one then.

It's a known fact that there isn't any particular difference between a £1.50 cable and a £150 cable.

Yep, I've seen an official HDMI cable and my £3 looks exactly the same.

OK, this is embarrassing :LOL:. Turns out it's not the cable that I bought, but the settings on my TV! When I used the Sky Cable to test the Xbox the other day it was on HDMI 1, which I have set the picture settings for. When I tested my Xbox with the new cable I hooked it straight up to HDMI 2, and naively didn't realise each input can have it's own specific picture settings, so HDMI 2 was still on default which looks shite! :BLUSH:

Yeah it is, I'm now using the official Xbox HDMI cable and AV dongle :TU:.

Back
Top Bottom