Has anybody scored?

ranabir

Football Shootball
4 September 2006
India
Chelsea FC,AC Milan
Has anybody scored a Free KIck in PES6??I have tried hard,reading all those tutorials but of no help.Can anybody say how it can be scored,if really can be scored?

I've found holding X to make the ball dip really helps. I kept hitting them over the bar before, i used to score loads of free kicks on PES5.

if you have a free kick between 18-22m from the goal, fill half the bar and press X. With Figo is always goal :p

I've scored one or two. You can forget about curl though. Best option (with a right footed player) is to aim slightly right of the post, preferably between the first and second player in the wall, and shoot just about half way on the power bar. The natural curl will give you all you need, and then it's a matter of making sure the ball gets over the wall and then dips under the post.

Obviously you'd reverse this for left footed players.

Unlike FIFA there's no directional button during free kicks in PES.So how do you aim slightly right to the right post during free kick?Is it nere eye estimation?

According to the video posted by total, I tried hard only to succeed once out of 53 times.Is it that its almost impossible to score using a keyboard?

you use a keyboard for PES? let me tell you one thing: get a controller if you can. PES is the only thing i use it for, but it is DEFINITELY worth it. sure, you gotta spend some in the beginning, but PES is NOT enjoyable at all compared to when played with a controller. And yes, i used to play with a keyboard. A few things are ridiculous to attempt with it.

free-kicks are hard, because they're utterly random... you can have the same player in the same situation giveing the same power to the same shot in the same direction and it'll go a different place...

it's scripted, like the rest of this half-arsed game

OMG Indigo Michigan you just contradicted yourself! You say stuff about "same place, same power etc..." and then say it goes a different place. That is the opposite of scripted, scripted is where the same thing happens (just like Fifa).
And if you thik it's half arsed why not make a game yourself thats better?
The game is good and loads of people enjoy it, including me. It could be better but its not crap and "half-arsed".
Why are people still addicted to if after about 4 months from release still? Can't be that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
See,PES provide only two things,one good realistic gameplay and good graphics rendering display and nothing more.You can well appreciate how good some kits can be(as of some of our kitmakers kits),how good some balls can be,how good stadiums can be,but PES provide them very badly.The grass textures are pathetic,I dont know what it takes to make some good textured pitches,at least that doesn't need licences.The Pes balls aren't round either.The commentary is pathetic,and the list of bad things about pes continues.Pes owes it popularity only because there are some great patchmakers.Anybody willing to play Pes without any patches??The answer is NO,I bet.Anyway,the issue is different.

Will a controller help me to get some good freekicks?
I tried in training and there its perfectly OK,but in real matches I just can't score.The more the freekick is near the penalty box,the more the number of people in the wall standing.If I shoot the ball on the other side of the wall,the keeper saves it,and I just cant shoot the ball above the wall to descend later.When the gauge is slightly less than half and the ball is shooted,I press the directional up button,and when the ball crosses the wall I press the down button,am I right?But if the ball crosses the wall,it never descends to the target or the ball doesn't croos the wall itself.Is my manoeuvre correct?Any solution plzzzzz.

Last edited:
I shoot using Beckham,and that too after increasing all those shooting free kick curl parameters to some high values,but still of no help.

Can anybody say how I can shoot the ball over the wall and make it descend to score?

Holding X after kicking the ball should make it dip.

Personally, I am finding it tricky to score free kicks in the game. In PES5 I found them quite easy, and had an average of about 1 in 3. PES6 is harder. I can get the free kick up and over the wall, but the keeper always seems to save it, even if the shot is in the corner. I guess I need to practice more. :eh:

So in a nutshell,I will try to aim at the corner behind the wall,then shoot,with the shooting guage not more than half,I will press the R2 button(for accuracy) along with X.Do I need to hold the directional keys too?

Dont try to get it oover the wall. Aim between the player's heads, that way less height! good luck. Try indirect (:l1: +:r1: then:l1: +:x: and quickly press shoot) also if you'er close with a large gap to shoot through.

And thats the question,how do I aim between the players head?There's no directional help as in FIFA;is this a mere eye estimation.
Plzzz help,because taking free kicks is now getting on my nerves.Whatever however I try,nothing seems to go right![:(]

you use a keyboard for PES? let me tell you one thing: get a controller if you can. PES is the only thing i use it for, but it is DEFINITELY worth it. sure, you gotta spend some in the beginning, but PES is NOT enjoyable at all compared to when played with a controller. And yes, i used to play with a keyboard. A few things are ridiculous to attempt with it.

That's not true.It just depends on what you are used to. I play pes with keyboard all the time and I can beat people who play with controllers easilly..

ive curled it in from 45 yrds with C.Ronaldo it was awsome.. took me a while to do it though

Ohhhhhhhoooooohhhhh!!!!!!!! At Last I have scored a goal off a Free Kick!!Yesss At last!!I aimed at the corner of the net that's behind the wall,and through the wall(in between the shoulders of the players standing) by keeping the distance mark as my marker.The distance mark(22yards) was in between the shoulders of the player,then I kicked;the gauge was half of the half power,and with the gauge on I kept R2 and X pressed,and VOILAAAAA!!!!
To be very frank,this free kick must be changed,its damn hard.I have played PES6 games for more than 200 matches,and this is the first time that I scored off a free kick.This MUST be changed,it ruins the game in the sense that these half chances are not converted for most of the time!

It needs to be easier from over 25m, but to be honest, under 25m if isn't that hard.
From over 25m you don't have much chance even full pace with Carlos right in the top corner so do not blame yourself.
Under 25m it is your own fault if you do not score, not the game, they are not that hard.

I don't believe that, unless you saved the replay or have a vid.

i havent got Fraps so i cant put on utube, what i did was something like aim at the top left hand corner of the goal, then 3/4 power press x and also use the left arrow to curl it.

Back
Top Bottom