Hanrik Larsson

People who say he stayed just to be the star and get all the attention are either jumping to conclusions or complete idiots. The guy is renowned for wanting to keep his non-football life private, and he is anything but an attention-seeking primadonna. His children have grown up in this country, he was settled and that was important after his personal problems at previous club Feyenoord.

Vann just likes to get a dig in at Celtic/Rangers/SPL every time he can. It amuses me that he will have to watch his team go through a qualifying stage to reach the CL this season whilst 'smaller club' Celtic are already in the group phase. He knows in his heart that if Celtic were in the EPL they'd be competing for the title after 3/4 years, with all that money and the ability to attract players because of the league standard.

Why he wants to play in the Spanish league is beyond me, it supposed to be great, but for mind its a bore. I don't think Henrik will do to will over there either he is used to a different style of play in Scotland and would have been better suited playing in the EPL.

For mind he won't last more than a year and will then slip back into annoymity playing in the Swedish national league.

pele83 said:
For mind he won't last more than a year and will then slip back into annoymity playing in the Swedish national league.
He's nearly 33, he's not going to play at a team competing for one of the big 3 league titles for any more than 2 years maximum anyway.

So what are you hinting at? that his past it? and thats why he left Celtic, the man has gppd 4 to 5 years in him.

I'm not hinting at anything, it's perfectly clear. It's not reasonable to expect him to go somewhere like Barcelona and play for 4/5 seasons because like it or not when you start to get to 34/35 you're not going to be the quickest or fittest any more, and a club like Barcelona will be looking to bring in top drawer players all the time.

Just now he is as good as he has ever been.

He should come to England, maybe Newcastle, Bolton, Liverpool, he will have his pick of the clubs.

I agree he should have come to England and joined Palace. He would have been a god!

super mick mcarthy said:
bit disrespectful to the SPL mate, he will still be remembered as a fantastic striker no matter where he plays / played

lol come on, you know that the scottish league is utter crap, the swedish media disrespects it all the time, when Larsson scores 50 goals a season.. it's just hilarious lol

stesh said:
He should come to England, maybe Newcastle, Bolton, Liverpool, he will have his pick of the clubs.

He doesn't want to come to England, or any other 'cold' country. He wants to play in a southern and warmer league, according to himself.

Zlatan#9 said:
lol come on, you know that the scottish league is utter crap, the swedish media disrespects it all the time, when Larsson scores 50 goals a season.. it's just hilarious lol
Yes it is, but the Swedish media have a right cheek to slag any league. When was the last time a Swedish side did anything, I think it was IFK Gothenburg but that was a long time ago now? The Swedish league is so bad Swedish football fans 'support' clubs in other nations ;).

Milanista there's nothing about a confirmed transfer anywhere?

ClassicD said:
Yes it is, but the Swedish media have a right cheek to slag any league. When was the last time a Swedish side did anything, I think it was IFK Gothenburg but that was a long time ago now? The Swedish league is so bad Swedish football fans 'support' clubs in other nations ;).

Also so true. I'm glad we share the same opinions :)

Henrik is a legend at Celtic. He will forever be in their hearts.

He turned down Manchester United for Celtic. Some players would have went there just to sit at the bench or train with the reserves.

Now he's 32 and two years at Barca will be his chance to prove he is one of the best players in europe.

Somtimes I wonder if people just bad mouth him cause he's not from Italy, England, Spain. Germany, Brazil or Argentina.

Next season it will probably be that he plays with great players and that they make him better than he really is. =P

I think Larsson to Barça will be confirmed when Sweden get out of Euro2004. It´s done.

Larsson will not be in the Barça starting eleven team...the club is looking for a 9 like Julio Baptista, Luiz Fabiano or Ibrahimovic to play with Ronaldinho and Giuly...Larsson and Saviola will be on the bench most of matches.

bobdylan said:
I think Larsson to Barça will be confirmed when Sweden get out of Euro2004. It´s done.

Larsson will not be in the Barça starting eleven team...the club is looking for a 9 like Julio Baptista, Luiz Fabiano or Ibrahimovic to play with Ronaldinho and Giuly...Larsson and Saviola will be on the bench most of matches.

Larsson will be working very hard to get into the starting eleven. He's got the mentality to take a place in any side. He's the kind of player that never gives up and that is great to have at any club. Maybe Rijkaard will put him on the bench. But he will fight and win a place.

I was very impressed with P.Anderssons last months in Barcelona. Rikjaard had said they were going for younger players. But Patrik didn't give up and Rikjaard saw that. He had to let him play eventually and praised him for his working spirit before he left for Malmö FF. That is what seperates the good apples from the bad ones. Henrik is just like that. He will never give up.

Love him for it.

I can't see Larson sticking out his contract with Barcelona, he will tire of the weather quickly and pike it back to the UK or Sweden. You heard it hear first, I give him 9 months tops.

Tire of the weather? That was the most stupid thing I have ever heard. He went south cause of the weather... maybe you were just being ironic...

What is your point? I mean that he is adept to playing in freezing cold weather in both Scotland and Sweden, Spain is fucking hot and balmy and he won't be able to handle it.

pele83 said:
What is your point? I mean that he is adept to playing in freezing cold weather in both Scotland and Sweden, Spain is fucking hot and balmy and he won't be able to handle it.

You should study some geography man...

So your telling me that its not freezing in Sweden and Scotland? If thats true then you a fucking liar lad.

pele83 said:
So your telling me that its not freezing in Sweden and Scotland? If thats true then you a fucking liar lad.

Spanner. Define "freezing." :roll:

It's near enough 00:30 and it's 14°C outside just now. That's fourteen degrees above "freezing."

Will Henkes best friend Gio Van Bronckhorst stay at Barcá next season ?

He's already agreed a contract with them (Gio). Good to see Henke getting the move to Barca, wish him all the best of luck, will be great seeing him getting set-up by Ronaldinho and co. If they sign Deco and keep Davids there going to have some team, if they can sort that defence out.

FD

Back
Top Bottom