Gym, excersise, health - Official thread

im a good fighter but i really am getting into boxing an k1 and stuff does anyone here do boxing and recoment and gloves and pads and some routines cheers

Before you started learning how to fight, you should have focussed on construction of sentences. It hurts just to read through your post. I'll be honest about this, since I don't want you to fuck up once you start applying for jobs.

Anyway, if you want to learn how to fight, you should cross train. Practice judo or wrestling AND boxing.

Hey guys, time for an update.

11 stone now (11stone 3 is the ideal weight for my height 5'9")

Been eating loads, I feel stuffed now, just about to take my protein drink then bed in half an hour. Been forcing the food down me and it's piling on.

Thing is, I'm looking at now beginning work on my abs (which is important for my karate) and will also be doing more cardio. I'm thinking about adding creatine to my diet?

Would you guys recommend it? What results have you seen with it?

Jeet Kune Do, requires quick movements and managing strike levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brazilian Ju-Jitsu is the shit man!!

Anyways though good luck with your Karate lessons Nick and I see you're making improvements in your life and that's good thing to hear :)

Regarding creatine, one thing I will tell you from personal experience is if you've ever been prone to acne in not even crazy way but just mild or avg, consider the possibility that your face could badly break out one week or so after starting it!

Obviously during my teen years (I'm still 19), like most teens I had some breakouts, nothing serious but just as much as the next kid but about 2-3 years ago when I went on Creatine as I was working out intensely each day and also wanted to put on some weight, it made my face breakout like a bitch that I just had to put it off and yeah I tested it and it definitely was the reason for crazy breakout cuz about a year after I went on again and same thing happened. So if you're not acne prone at all.. I say go for it, if you are, you should still go for it cuz might not have same affect and will help your reach your goals and help you put on some water weight lol (thats what they say i dont know which many lose when they go off of it) but just consider that it might possible also break you out in a worst way than you're used to (if you're acne prone that is) so you gotta see if its worth the risk for you. For me it wasn't as I needed my face more lol than my abs which were already good and my weight which I could live with and improve even without creatine but hopefuly it won't have any affect like that on you! ;)

take care and I don't post here often but hopefully this helped.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with creatine to be honest a lot of people get no benefit as their bodies already generate enough and you're only risking more strain on your kidneys etc. It's always better to do stuff with hard work instead of depending on supplements.

Just had a quick question - do you guys recommend using weight machines at the gym or using free weights etc?

Free weights are better if you want to build new muscles, put on more weight from what I've heard and machines better for maintaing it/toning your body. So each have advantages and disadvantages but apparently if you want to put on weight, free weights are more effective or at least that's what my old "Taek Won Do" coach used to say.

I use both though because each are good in own way.

Re: I want to put on weight!

MrCoopz said:
i think im the best person to ask on this because i have been there and gave up :)

U need to eat 6 meals a day idealy

Brekkie
Snack
Dinner
Snack
Tea
Snack
What about lunch?

Gonna get some creatine tomorrow, as I've beem training for only a year I still need to bulk up and have stopped putting on weight since Christmas.

I'm aware that it can case liver damage (atleast rumoured) if taken over a number of years. I plan to use it just to beef up for the upcoming t-shirt weather.

i need to lose 2 stone, i go the gym 3 times a week for 4 or 5 weeks,then dont go for 3 weeks and i eat loads of junk food whist not going, its never gonna come off lol.

NickSCFC said:
Gonna get some creatine tomorrow, as I've beem training for only a year I still need to bulk up and have stopped putting on weight since Christmas.

I'm aware that it can case liver damage (atleast rumoured) if taken over a number of years. I plan to use it just to beef up for the upcoming t-shirt weather.
dude why dont you take protein shakes, like Myoplex, its good for you and wont cause liver damage... or eat more natural protein, organic peanut butter, chicken, meat.. etc... eat more dude...

NickSCFC said:
I can't eat that much. I have 3 protein shakes a day and 3 regular meals.

How would you advise I put on some beef and weight. I'm 18 and quite skinny and I need to beef up a bit and put some weight on. Do you recommend making a schedule for myself at the gym or just do some free weights.

What do you eat in a normal day, and has protein shakes helped you to put on weight?

Yup, put on weight with 3 shakes a day + my normal meals.

Try goin gym 3 times a week...

Mon - Back/Biceps
Wed - Chest/Triceps
Fri - Shoulders/Legs

Do 4 exercises per body part.

A chicken chili burger, some kebab and a frikandel speciaal.

Anyway, a friend of mine once started drinking heavily to gain weight and then he started to work out. Not that it helped, because he only got fat, but it's probably the funniest way of training I've ever seen.

Serious question now. Started off not very strong and skinny so i thought i would start weights. Dont wanna get big but just nice :)

Do i need the protein drinks or not as i've been told i dont need them so should i carry on drinking milk and eating a lot of chicken, tuna and whatever else

Jack Bauer said:
It's so, so, so annoying as well when you know someone who's in danger of falling down drains and yet they can eat McShit for a week and not gain a pound. Someone up there is taking the piss.

for some people this is a bad thing. I'm underweight, and its extremely annoying. Its probably a genetic thing, but I can stuff my gob with fast food, ice cream etc, go months without exercise other than walking to and from the train station etc. And I can't seem to put on weight, or even loose any. I've seemed to of stopped growing up now, and I'll will be attempting to eat alot more protein and carbs in an attempt to fill me out.

When I was younger, i just had endless energy, always out in the back garden, or in the park running around, playing sports like a mad man. Must of burnt off everything I eat!

I'm about 5ft 11, 6ft and a measley 50kg. For a 17yr old :( Not exactly helped by being on several medications throughout my teenage life that has curbed my appetite.

dkelsall10 said:
Serious question now. Started off not very strong and skinny so i thought i would start weights. Dont wanna get big but just nice :)

Do i need the protein drinks or not as i've been told i dont need them so should i carry on drinking milk and eating a lot of chicken, tuna and whatever else

You need protein drinks as your daily intake of calories just isn't good enough for your metabolism.

Just do the same as the body builders do, it's all the same whether you want to get a body like Brad Pitt or the Incredible Hulk.

Peter Eyres said:
for some people this is a bad thing. I'm underweight, and its extremely annoying. Its probably a genetic thing, but I can stuff my gob with fast food, ice cream etc, go months without exercise other than walking to and from the train station etc. And I can't seem to put on weight, or even loose any. I've seemed to of stopped growing up now, and I'll will be attempting to eat alot more protein and carbs in an attempt to fill me out.

When I was younger, i just had endless energy, always out in the back garden, or in the park running around, playing sports like a mad man. Must of burnt off everything I eat!

I'm about 5ft 11, 6ft and a measley 50kg. For a 17yr old :( Not exactly helped by being on several medications throughout my teenage life that has curbed my appetite.
Are you sure you're just 50kg Peter? :shock:

You haven't made a mistake converting from pounds to kg or anything like that?

Well you might want to check on another scale too man just to be sure incase. My scale was actually fucked for a while without me knowing which made me think I'm a lot lighter than I actually was. You can imagine how gutted I was when I found out for a year this freaking thing was showing me 15 pounds or so less than I actually was :/

Anyways regarding to what you said, I can definitely relate to that and confirm you on that!

I'm 150 pounds and about 172cm right now so although I could use some more meat, I'm not exactly skinny but I was skinnier when I was a bit younger and I was in same situation as you. (Not weight-wise I mean :p but the other way I'll explain now).

When you're skinny, some people usually just assume you don't "eat much"! So they say dumb things like "C'mon man you need to eat more" or some shit like that! :roll:

This was obviously very wrong in my case! I had always been somewhat skinny until a couple years ago and always since I remember I ate a LOT!! I'd eat just as much as my fat friend who weighed 210 pounds if not more.. always the most in my family. 5-6 meals instead of 3. Whatever was left-over I'd still eat it yet I just simply couldn't put on ANY weight!

So yeah fat people can complain about how it's unfair that they eat a little bit and it adds to their weight immediately but the opposite isn't good either when you want to put on weight but there's just no way to do it (no matter how much you eat and how much protein/fat different stuff you eat) without taking protein shakes / creatine or anything like that!

So in that sense I definitely know where you're coming from as I used to be there but anywyas now things are pretty nice where I'm at and getting better each month/each year and the body develping better and better ;)

See ya

Last edited:
You're 172 cm, Sina? I'm a couple of years younger and I'm around 175 cm. :p I know a dude my age that was 192 cm last year. :shock:

Anyways, the reason I'm posting in this thread is that I need an advice. I'd need to improve my stamina, but I don't know how. A good advice would be really appreciated, because my stamina's lower than ever. I can't eve play a proper footie game with my friends. I'm out of breat after 15 minutes of running (I'm a good sprinter) and I end up in goal. :(

Let me remind you that I don't have acces to any gym or any substances. So it all should be natural and without fitness. I have dumbells, though.

Last edited:
You gotta start jogging man (Running / not sprinting though) and keep increasing the distance and decreasing the time you do it in after a while. This is just one way of increasing stamina.

p.s. I think you mean how can I improve my stamina, not why ;) :p

I'd need to improve my stamina, but I don't know why

As for me being 172cm.. I'm not sure dude maybe I'm mistaking in the conversion (like I said it's been long day) but I'm around 5 '' 10 right now I believe of course I'm still a teenager so I'll be growing taller like my brother but I don't know how many cm's that is exactly so it's probably more than 172cm.

Last edited:
5 '' 10 is 178 cm. ;) And yes, I meant how and not why.

And thanks for your advice, I'll try jogging. Although I prefer cycling. :p I regret it now that I didn't do any cycling last summer. :eh:

my doctor says that if a fall below a certain weight, they would take me in, and do what they do, force feeding etc with various nutriotinal stuff etc. Last time i had a checkup I actually had put on quite a bit of weight, after switching to a different medication, but I should really flag the issue again, as I don't think i've made any progress since.

I don't want to have massive muscles, just meerely to be average and fill out my height. Cretine is definately not an option. I'm actually on some acne treatment at the moment that has done the world of good. I don't wanna go back there :D

I used to do protein shakes, but they were disgusting and a real pain to have to prepare every day etc. I might start them again, as I seem to have a btter appetite now to supplement it.

I must be around 176-178 cm then Total. Something like that.

@PEter, well I can't relate to that man cuz I've never been that bad like I said I was always a bit underweight but not majorly like you but I hope you figure out something soon and turn it around on your own.

As for "Protein shakes" not only are they a bit of a hassle to prepare, for me the thing that made me NOT use them was same reason as creatine. I find for some people if you are prone to acne, even if your acne is now under control and very little, these 2 especially the creatine KILL your face! I tried it 2 or 3 times (once in summer, once in winter) at different times under different situations and in both cases it proved to me the very same thing.

So creatine and protein shakes never did become an option for me either but thankfully at one point I just ended up naturally putting on a lot of weight. (I guess all the hard-core eating of many years finally started being noticed :lol: )

Back
Top Bottom