Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero (stunning!)

i remember never gonna give u up but not chesneys one and only :)

LOL, FFS. See, Jack's too young and I'm losing my mind due to age....

Right I have read this whole thread, a lot of you seem to me to be fairly serious gamers. Is this a piss take or is this game really that good? Surely this is just PaRappa the Rapper using an air guitar? No?

Not a piss-take at all. Parappa The Rapper is pressing four buttons, then a load of music, then four buttons again. This is rocking out, real music, a REAL challenge, and the new multiplayer modes are a HELL of a lot of fun (who can play the song best, and even jamming sessions - although it's best with two guitars which is costly)...

It's an amazing game, it's not an FPS, a football game or a medieval slash-em-up - it's got great music in it (well most of it), it requires you to build co-ordination and hit all of the buttons and strum at the right times, it's an absolute blast.

I've not known anybody play this game and then not go out and buy it for themselves. Including a room of 20-odd people at work. :)

By the way chaps, all of the Rick Astley and Chesney Who stuff is just freaking me out. If they're real songs then I was born at just the right time as far as I'm concerned, Foo Fighters and Snow Patrol all the way... I'm dropping the subject now... *Cowers*

Jack Bauer said:
By the way chaps, all of the Rick Astley and Chesney Who stuff is just freaking me out. If they're real songs then I was born at just the right time as far as I'm concerned, Foo Fighters and Snow Patrol all the way... I'm dropping the subject now... *Cowers*

And the Chili Peppers :)

MrCoopz said:
And the Chili Peppers :)
:puke:

To me, THIS and ESPECIALLY THIS is what the game's made for.

There's not enough songs like those being made any more. If anyone can recommend bands\songs like that (preferably made in the last ten years!) then I would be very, very grateful. Songs like the above make me happy. :)

im glad to hear the news that number 2 is coming out for 360 as the 1st one was class i still play even today

What a fantastic game (Guitar Hero II, that is).

Just finished easy, as I always do with Harmonix games (I finish every single level from the easiest one up simply to make the game stay fresher for longer). It's brilliant, and then, when I move into the next difficulty... You get a treat that is just fantastic (when you think your PS2 has stopped reading the disc properly, don't panic, it's loading ;)).

When you play the higher difficulties for a laugh, it makes you think. How anybody can finish a song on hard or expert with a score over 80% really, really makes me... Jealous. And confused. And jealous. But it's not frustrating, it's never, ever frustrating. Every other game I've ever played gets you to (at least) one point where you think, what am I doing wrong, where am I supposed to go next, or how am I supposed to get past this guy, or what do I have to do to win. Never, ever in this game. Just fun from the word go.

Such an amazing game, something next-gen before next-gen, if you know what I mean. If the Wii has a few games like this for it, then sod the PS3, been there done that. I want a house full of games like this.

There was a second-hand guitar for £10 in my local second-hand shop the other day, so now I've got two-player going most nights. When one of you is the guitarist and one of you is the bassist, and you can hear the clicks from each guitar making a tune together, it's out of this world fun.

It's up there with my favourite games of all-time. Football Manager keeps the top spot, the Oddworld series stays second and this comes a very close third. What a game.

Last edited:

You can get it on 360 - but you'd need to buy the 360 guitar as well. The gameplay is the same so it's essentially nothing new, just 50-odd new songs. So... It's up to you. Personally I'm over the moon with it though. :)

I've not seen any difference in the features lists so far, although I will be gutted if I've spent £50 importing a PS2 game from America when you can download extra songs on the 360 version.

the only problem i heard with the 360 one was that the guitar is not wireless

Neither's the PS2 one, though. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

I still use a wired 360 pad, I refuse to pay more money for the same thing but with a bit of string missing. I sit on-top of the screen anyway, wireless is the last thing I need.

Can you?! I've never seen that! :|

Edit: I stand corrected! Impressive!

Surely if they're going wireless on PS2 they'll go wireless on 360 as well.

Last edited:

Can you?! I've never seen that! :|

Edit: I stand corrected! Impressive!

Surely if they're going wireless on PS2 they'll go wireless on 360 as well.
i saw on ign that the 360 couldn't have the wirless guitar because microsoft wouldn't give them the things to allow it or something

It's out on the 360 "early next year" according to various sources.

About the 360 guitar, this article claims it will be wireless... But who knows.

nope not that i've heard
on here it says 2007 for US but nothing for EU
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_II
here is some more stuff
t looks like Xbox 360 gamers won't be rocking around the Christmas tree this year.

A RedOctane representative told GameSpot that the recently announced Guitar Hero II for the Xbox 360 will be released sometime in 2007, significantly trailing the PlayStation 2 version of the game, scheduled to hit retail this November.

The rep also addressed some speculation about the new X-Plorer guitar controller that will be released with the game. At Microsoft's X06 event in Barcelona, Spain, Activision showed the game off with a prototype X-Plorer, which was connected to the 360 with a wire. However, representatives there wouldn't confirm whether or not the final hardware would also be wired.

Today, GameSpot received confirmation from the RedOctane spokesperson that the final X-Plorer guitar will also be wired, dashing gamers' hopes of re-creating Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic's dramatic finish to the band's 1992 MTV Music Video Awards performance.

The Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero II will contain all the same content of the PlayStation 2, as well as exclusive extra songs that will be made available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace. No pricing information has yet been released for the game.

I got Guitar Hero I and II, two guitars, and I can say this is the best multiplayer title right now. It is THE reason to own a PS2. A friend of mine came from Denmark, we didn't see each other in a few months, and he saw me with the guitar and started laughing. Then I gave him the second guitar, and put on Symphony of Destruction, and I had to drag him out of the house. He was completely crazy with the game. Don't know anyone who has played the game and not loved it. I beat the first on Easy, Medium and Hard, and I'm playing the second on HARD. This time around it REALLY is hard. I'm on the 5th section, and haven't failed a song yet, but I rarely get 4 stars, let alone 5.

GUITAR HERO II COMES OUT WORLDWIDE MARCH 2007
Activision games have today announced that the eagerly awaited Guitar Hero 2 will have a worldwide launch for the Xbox 360 this March. Now that the lawsuit is finally over after an out of court settlement, RedOctane can finally focus all of their efforts on developing this game, but how far can you go trying to fix something which isn't broken? Well, Guitar Hero 2 will feature improved graphics, more songs, new downloadable content and of course the new style X-Plorer guitar controller which everyone who's anyone has been ranting about.

If you can't quite wait until March, then you might want to try Gamestop's Guitar Hero 2 tournament which starts on February 3, 2007 and simply involves you rocking out to your hearts content. Of course, making yourself look like an idiot in front of an audience at your local Gamestop does have its advantages - the chance the play Guitar Hero 2 before everyone else. Guitar Hero 2; release date: March. Note it down in your diary... we're already counting down the days!
http://xbox360.qj.net/Guitar-Hero-2-to-go-on-sale-worldwide-March-2007/pg/49/aid/78637
still looks like a wired guitar for the 360
* "Billion Dollar Babies" by Alice Cooper
* "Dead!" by My Chemical Romance
* "Hush" by Deep Purple
* "Life Wasted" by Pearl Jam
* "Rock 'n' Roll Hoochie Koo" by Rick Derringer
* "Possum Kingdom" by Toadies
* "Salvation" by Rancid
* "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^theses are some downloadable tracks
http://xbox360.qj.net/Even-MORE-Guitar-Hero-II-bonus-tracks/pg/49/aid/78647

GUITAR HERO II COMES OUT WORLDWIDE MARCH 2007

http://xbox360.qj.net/Guitar-Hero-2-to-go-on-sale-worldwide-March-2007/pg/49/aid/78637
still looks like a wired guitar for the 360
* "Billion Dollar Babies" by Alice Cooper
* "Dead!" by My Chemical Romance
* "Hush" by Deep Purple
* "Life Wasted" by Pearl Jam
* "Rock 'n' Roll Hoochie Koo" by Rick Derringer
* "Possum Kingdom" by Toadies
* "Salvation" by Rancid
* "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^theses are some downloadable tracks
http://xbox360.qj.net/Even-MORE-Guitar-Hero-II-bonus-tracks/pg/49/aid/78647

Saw this news yesterday too on the official GH website forum... Life Wasted by PJ is gonna be a blast - one of my fave songs!

Apparantly all the GH1 tracks are gonna be available - either as bonus tracks within the game, or downloadable.

There will be an XBL Leaderboard too - plus ongoing new tracks to download. Hopefully they will keep the pricing sensible...

Re: Guitar Hero series - X360 news inside!

To buy or not to buy? Just completed it in both medium and hard on the PS2, and have just begin on Expert.

Shall I hold off for the 360 version?

I'm not paying for the same game twice. But saying that, if they add more downloadable songs, something from this century (with the exception of My Chemical Romance who I cannot stand), then I'll probably have to...

Good news - theres a new PS2 GH2 expansion pack coming out in the spring 2007. :8):

It will be based on songs from the 1980's, so get your spandex ready :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom