Guitar Hero 4, Commodore 64

I think what he has done there is awesome... its a C64 for christ sake!! a machine that is 24 years old! I think its impressive!

Yup, definately. I used to do a fair bit of C64 programming back in the day, PEEK this and POKE that :D

Fair play to the guy, nice project!

It must have taken a LOT of work.... some people just dont appreciate things :) I grew up with a C64 and had to program stuff from Magazines and books.

They were great days eh? None of this marketplace bollocks - each month, a fresh "ZZapp!" with a cassette crudely taped to the mag - quick, scan the inlay to see this months demos!

Then flick to the back of the mag to gander at 6 pages of coding that you had to type in to make a game - which invariably either didnt work, or wasnt worth the 300 hours spent typing it in.

That said, I have great memories of me and my dad typing these games in in shifts - one reads, the other types - strange phrases like

"10 POKE(256, 256, 0, 256);"

rang out for hours in our house :D

Then I got the bug to make my own games and they would either be football manager, cricket manager, boxing manager or f1 manager....

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!

This guys obviously very clever, so he's obviously got money, so why not just buy a fucking Xbox and Guitar Hero? :LOL:

Really impressive, hell I'm old enough to remember the computer before the Commodore 64, the Commodore Vic 20, Guitar Hero on that would be more impressive ;)

Really impressive, hell I'm old enough to remember the computer before the Commodore 64, the Commodore Vic 20, Guitar Hero on that would be more impressive ;)

Yea, I had the Vic20 AND my first computer was the Atari 800XL, which also used BASIC. My parents brought it for me at christmas as a 'risk' as I'd never really shown much interest at that age even though we had an Atari2600.

From that day, I spent most of my life sitting at a keyboard :D

They were great days eh? None of this marketplace bollocks - each month, a fresh "ZZapp!" with a cassette crudely taped to the mag - quick, scan the inlay to see this months demos!

Then flick to the back of the mag to gander at 6 pages of coding that you had to type in to make a game - which invariably either didnt work, or wasnt worth the 300 hours spent typing it in.

That said, I have great memories of me and my dad typing these games in in shifts - one reads, the other types - strange phrases like

"10 POKE(256, 256, 0, 256);"

rang out for hours in our house :D

Then I got the bug to make my own games and they would either be football manager, cricket manager, boxing manager or f1 manager....

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!

I only did this once on my C64 - I spent about 15 hours typing in all this shit and all that happened was a ball bounced around my screen!!!!!!

I was quite proud of myself for a few hours - then I realised I had just wasted part of my life to see a ball bounce around a screen!!!

I never did it again.

I loved the C64 though - It was my first Computer and I loved it!

I'm sure at one point aswell I hacked into 'Going Live' the Saturday morning Childrens TV Programme.

I remember typing in all this crap and then the Going live Logo flashing up on my screen!!! - For some reason Its in my head and I am quite convinced that it actually happened. But There is a small chance I dreamt it ;))

LOL!!!!

So you had the famous C64 modem then?! :D

I only did this once on my C64 - I spent about 15 hours typing in all this shit and all that happened was a ball bounced around my screen!!!!!!

I was quite proud of myself for a few hours - then I realised I had just wasted part of my life to see a ball bounce around a screen!!!

I never did it again.

I loved the C64 though - It was my first Computer and I loved it!

I'm sure at one point aswell I hacked into 'Going Live' the Saturday morning Childrens TV Programme.

I remember typing in all this crap and then the Going live Logo flashing up on my screen!!! - For some reason Its in my head and I am quite convinced that it actually happened. But There is a small chance I dreamt it ;))

LOL!!!!

So you had the famous C64 modem then?! :D

Yeah - I know it would never happen. But my memory seems so real. Maybe they were hacking my computer in some way?! to find out how to get a ball to bounce around the screen - maybe they couldn't be arsed typing in all the shit I typed in!!!! Bloody lazy Sarah Green and Philip Schofield!!!

Its all very clever - But WHY!!!

Obviously it is better on the newer systems - so why do this?

It baffles me.

the guitar hero vids on youtube are insane.... i cant even use the fifth button, and the fourth is a push!....i'm not even a simpson and can claim i have 3 fingers :(

Back
Top Bottom