GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Why the hell did they put the amusement park in and then never use it?

What was the point of all of that?

Grrrrr - incomplete game

Yeah - they have that crazy Golf bit aswell. I haven't played alot of the game - but it looks like you can't use it?

It should be an option - seeing as they put it in there.

I've got it - -- that's the exclusive DLC!

Ride the rollercoaster and play 100 + variations of mini golf missions to impress roman and his mail order brides

The amusement park never opens?! Bah. I was hoping it would open after completing the story or something. Playing mini golf would awesome and riding the roller coaster with a date would be funny.

it tells you in the manual that the big dipper doesnt work and it says 'the big dipper - shame you cant ride it... what would be more fun than riding a 100 year old roller coast anyway?' (or something along those lines)

Which seems a weird thing to put in and then not allow us to use it - maybe they screwed up and couldn't get the ride to work properly with the physics engine?

Had some really nice moments today and have to share

* - I was running towards a cab and on the other side of the street a cop car came flying down the street towards me - then ended up hitting a tree and both cops flew out of the front windscreen and died.

* - I jacked a car and drove it a short distance and then spotted a different car that i wanted instead - as i got out of my car and ran over i started getting shot at... i looked around as i had no wanted level and saw the 2 guys who car i had stole earlier running at me shooting at me --- i jumped into the better car and they jumped into the car i had stole from them (their own car) and ended up chasing me and shooting at me.

I dialed 911 and the cops ended up coming and a shoot out started between them both while i sat back and watched. It went on and on for ages with more cops coming and these 2 guys (some fat dude and a bald guy) took each and every one of them out with ease.

*- Dialing 911 works on other missions as well where you have to take out a few gang members or a bunch of people. And big shoot outs always happen.

And finally something you all can recreate

I had taken Roman out for a game of darts (unless you purposely play bad is it even possible to lose a game of darts?) as i was dropping him off i unintentionally parked the car next to 2 parked cars so his door was blocked. He thanked me for taking him out and then PUNCHED ME IN THE FACE and said 'I'll take this car thank you' and then pushed me out of the car, slid into the drivers seat, then got out of the drivers side door and walked off!

Fuck off. I killed Dimitri - fine
Kate dies at Roman's wedding - now I'm fucked off
Peggorino gets into his boat to get away - right okay, there's a bike. I'll chase him.
As soon as I get on the bike, he gets away - FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING SHIT GAME!!!

Stuart
I too struggled on this part as I didn't realise you're supposed to jump the ramp at the end of the beach. Once you do that the mission is quite simple. So you get on the bike as quickly as you can, then go round the beach, don't worry about him shooting at you. Jump that little gap from one beach to the other. Then you got the choice of a bridge to ride up (which is blocked off by the mob) or what looks like a dead end on the beach. Just keep going down the beach and a ramp will appear. Jump the ramp and you cling on to the helicopter and go from there.

This means I have to shoot all those bastards again. This game annoys the heck out of me sometimes, at least the cutscene at the end will be worth it. Cheers mate

I blew the boat up with a rocket as he was jumping into it killing him and it told me i let him escape!

Finished it earlier on

Glad I stuck at it in the end - what a final cutscene! Pegorino, bloody nose and all, under the Statue of Happiness with Niko preaching. Pegorino goes for one final shot at Niko...

AK-47 to the temple - goodnight Pegorino.

I beat the game last Saturday, I was happy with the ending.

END OF GAME SPOILER
I'm glad I stuck with killing Dimitri, because I knew somehow I'd get stabbed in the back. And I would rather kill Kate than Roman. Since I didn't get any action with Kate.

After beating the game, I'm just trying to complete those side missions (drug, racing etc) and get all the achievements. I've just recently got Chain Reaction and One Man Army.

Completed it last night!! ENDING SPOILERS -
I was GUTTED when Kate died, I felt so bad for Niko! One second he's there with his arm around her, finally happy and then the next he's holding her on the floor dead because of some fucknut American-Italian who's a few fries short of a McDonalds. :( I found the last mission fun but hard in places. Eg... did NOT see that bastard jump coming on the beach. It got us a couple of times.
I'm ready to 100% it then do the game again doing the opposite to what I did on this one. Very fun! I just wish it was longer, I didn't want it to end.

Completed it last night!! ENDING SPOILERS -
I was GUTTED when Kate died, I felt so bad for Niko! One second he's there with his arm around her, finally happy and then the next he's holding her on the floor dead because of some fucknut American-Italian who's a few fries short of a McDonalds. :( I found the last mission fun but hard in places. Eg... did NOT see that bastard jump coming on the beach. It got us a couple of times.
I'm ready to 100% it then do the game again doing the opposite to what I did on this one. Very fun! I just wish it was longer, I didn't want it to end.

]Know exactly what you mean. Harsh as fuck methinks.

Don't read this unless you have finished the story!

The ending was so sad, I thought that killing Dimitri would end up being a good ending, I thought it was the last mission and then going to the wedding with Kate would result in a final happy cutscene, which I thought it was, and then Pegorino turns up and shoots Kate :( I was shocked and pissed off, everything Niko had been through and then he eventually gets the chance to be happy and be with someone he likes (You could tell he liked Kate) and then it all ends like that, very very harsh. There should have been another ending which only happens if you kill the right people at the right times which does end up being happy.

Just finished GTA. I got Rob's ending, but instead
I killed Pegorino at the end.. I think working with Dmitri would have meant Roman getting shot. Which is much worse than Kate I think

The ending was so sad, I thought that killing Dimitri would end up being a good ending, I thought it was the last mission and then going to the wedding with Kate would result in a final happy cutscene, which I thought it was, and then Pegorino turns up and shoots Kate :( I was shocked and pissed off, everything Niko had been through and then he eventually gets the chance to be happy and be with someone he likes (You could tell he liked Kate) and then it all ends like that, very very harsh. There should have been another ending which only happens if you kill the right people at the right times which does end up being happy.

Well...
you can always restart and choose to work with Dimitri instead of killing him and seeing what happens then!

Though i think kate is a bit of a wrinkled moose and as our NB is doing her while doing his online dates he can't be THAT happy with her!

I looked what would happen if I chose the other ending after I had finished the game, and Roman being killed would have been even worse I think, he is my favourite character in the game

I know, so sad!! :(

And he DID really like Kate, at one point on the phone to Roman and he said he liked her a lot, I'm sure of it.

I don't like that if you make certain choices during the game you CANNOT achieve 100% as it blocks off extra missions!

Plus michelle... on my first play through i had only raised her findness to 60% ... and you know where im going with this

you probably all know this anyway, but I'm about half way through and these tips have helped me so far...

in missions where you have multiple enemies if you can pick them off one by one with a knife, that way you don't get the police or all the other enemies after you right from the start. eg the lawyer mission

use heights, get a sniper rifle and then try and get yourself high up on a mission and take enemies out. always buy ammo for your weapons as if you run out you end up ditching the weapon which costs more to re-buy than ammo

use the chopper, go to the chopper station at the bottom of algonquin and fly around, much quicker than driving

Has anyone found any more of these things ?

Near the first safehouse, there was a little blue marker on the map, it was called a "friend" and was some guy from Comrades Bar, you had to do a mission where you eliminated debt collectors for him... has anyone found any more of these ?

you probably all know this anyway, but I'm about half way through and these tips have helped me so far...

Near the first safehouse, there was a little blue marker on the map, it was called a "friend" and was some guy from Comrades Bar, you had to do a mission where you eliminated debt collectors for him... has anyone found any more of these ?

There are alot actually. Use the in-game internet and type

www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com

You can find all hidden stuff using this

Oh god, last night I bumped into
Grace Ancelotti, the girl Niko kidnapped earlier in the game, set all her brothers onto me in the middle of the street, the psycho biatch. Got to kill them all, but she fucks off. Bah.
Also has anyone else found
the Happiness island t-shirt? Uber cheesy but cool.

Oh god, last night I bumped into
Grace Ancelotti, the girl Niko kidnapped earlier in the game, set all her brothers onto me in the middle of the street, the psycho biatch. Got to kill them all, but she fucks off. Bah.
Also has anyone else found
the Happiness island t-shirt? Uber cheesy but cool.

I got one as well, but the next time I went to change it disappeared.

I finished the story on Friday, and after reading the spoilers I'm pleased with the decisions I made.
For those that have also finished it, do you know
if anything happens if you don't kill Darko Brevic?

Also, one of the funniest missions (for me) was
when you have to protect Florian as he runs around Middle Park. It's the way he runs - so funny :LOL:

I'm going round doing the Police Most Wanted missions now. There's a good variety to them. Some you have one person who you can snipe, some are car chases, and some are big shooutouts.

Got dumped by Carmen though. Not too bad as I never used her "perk".
I took her to a stripclub, and accidentally walked on one step of the podium so was attacked by bouncers. I shot one in front of her and she got the hump. Might give that nutty blogger a go from Craplist instead...

They can dump you!?

I've got my girls to 100% and they keep pestering me to take them out... ive just ignored them thinking like the main characters once you hit 100% you're safe... but i guess ill have to keep an eye on them just in case they can still dump me.

-

quick Q - in your stats it tells you how much money you have spent on things. 2 of them baffle me... 1 is cash spent on nuts... i have no idea where you buy them from and the other is cash given to the homeless... anyone know a spot where you can find a homeless guy?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom