GTA IV - NON-SPOILER THREAD

$hit $hit $hit,

may need to make a last minute swerve to my local GAME/Gamestation then. My mate text to say he has it reserved and going up there at midnight.

edit: I just saw PBorehams reply. Hmmm well I might leave it and pray as to what happens when Nico gets his mobile out and I press down...

Kenny did you read my post?

Am i on your ignore list?

-

On another note - phoned gamestation this morning asking them about my pre order --- they said they were going to phone everyone thurs/friday and i hadn't had a call so i was asking if it was worth me turning up.

They said 'you should of had a call as we've got plenty of copies - do you want the 360 or ps3?' ...... 'right thats fine... see you at midnight'

-=-=-=-=-

Kenny did you read my post?

Am i on your ignore list?

-

On another note - phoned gamestation this morning asking them about my pre order --- they said they were going to phone everyone thurs/friday and i hadn't had a call so i was asking if it was worth me turning up.

They said 'you should of had a call as we've got plenty of copies - do you want the 360 or ps3?' ...... 'right thats fine... see you at midnight'

-=-=-=-=-

no not at all, I think there was a few different opinions from different people but I know pboreham away from EvoWeb so taking his word for it.

My order status is still on preordered on Play.com. I doubt I'll get it tomorrow. I might just cancel it and try and find a copy when I go town tomorrow.

Off to ASDA too at midnight, I've called up and they said their stock hasn't arrived yet though (telling fibs?), however should do soon. I'm gonna get there before 11pm, if a job's worth doing it, do it hardcore.
Shall be on it 'til the sun comes up. Whoever's doing the same, what you eating? :D I feel lots of little munchies and butties will power me on through the night.

"Play never shipped out orders for GTA IV last week, they was going to like they do with most of the releases but R* told Play that there would be legal action taken if they released it early. Everyone who pre-ordered and had the message that it was shipped last week (24th, 25th, 26th) will get there copys tomorrow, its being sent out by 24 hour post so unless you live on a mountain you'll get it on release day"

From Gamespot forum...

My ShopTo pre-order has shipped!!! Shit!!

So I've got the Game pre-order, ShopTo pre-order - hopefully both coming tomorrow and I still want to go to ASDA tonight incase they dont show :(

Arse!

Anyone wanna buy a copy on PS3 for retail!? :LOL:

Off to ASDA too at midnight, I've called up and they said their stock hasn't arrived yet though (telling fibs?), however should do soon. I'm gonna get there before 11pm, if a job's worth doing it, do it hardcore.
Shall be on it 'til the sun comes up. Whoever's doing the same, what you eating? :D I feel lots of little munchies and butties will power me on through the night.

I'll be up - im thinking pizza to tide me through but today it hit me - greasy fingers and gaming don't match!

I might just make do with tea or coffee and some bourbons

You've got a point. I'm concerned about getting a copy as my store only has 20-25 copies and it's a queue system. I'd be pissed off if I arrived a few minutes late and just missed out on the last copy.

You've got a point. I'm concerned about getting a copy as my store only has 20-25 copies and it's a queue system. I'd be pissed off if I arrived a few minutes late and just missed out on the last copy.

Yea, our ASDA only has 30 in.

I'm thinking... Grantham, small town full of old people - PS3, not as many owners as 360.

I'm predicting come Tuesday morning, after I have left, they will have 29 copies left!

Still nervous they'll be like 1000 people there and I'll miss out...

product-6646588.jpg

If i go into gamestation tonight - buy 10 copies... which would probably be most of their stock - and then try to sell 9 of them to the unlocky buggers behind me in the queue for a slightly higher price than i paid.... do you think id get away with it.. or get the crap kicked out of me?

Custard creme? They're the Clubland version of the creme-in-biscuit-sandwich. Whereas Bo-Bons are the uplifting trance Euphoria.

So which is the better biscuit, bourbons or custard creme? Theres only one way to find out...

Im nervous about getting a copy tonight, I just hope I get there before the crowds, surley though how many people will get up at midnight to travel to Asda?

Argh!! God I just want it to come already.

If i go into gamestation tonight - buy 10 copies... which would probably be most of their stock - and then try to sell 9 of them to the unlocky buggers behind me in the queue for a slightly higher price than i paid.... do you think id get away with it.. or get the crap kicked out of me?
my mate is gunna do a similar thing but selling it at a lower price infront of a game shop LOL:LOL: the same guy i bought my copy from.

he sold over 30 of them last thurs/friday LOL. he told me that he met someone at 2am to sell the game LOL thats HOW desperate people are in getting this game. my mate was scared shitless though has he thought he was gunna get set-up or somthing LOL. damm he is such a joka.

Im nervous about getting a copy tonight, I just hope I get there before the crowds, surley though how many people will get up at midnight to travel to Asda?

A LOT of people it seems. My Asda (and Tim/CW's) only have 20 copies. Loads of people on AVForums are going to their Asda and people are talking about getting there for 11pm.

im guesing many will.

i do feel sorry for you lot who might not get it tomorrow. because realy and truely this game should not sell out at all. i mean how long/much/many copies can they do? surely a shit loads of them.

i could burn over 100 dvd's in a whole day whilst setting my printer to print the box art and shit o fit too. so these places should not sell out IMO

Last edited:
A LOT of people it seems. My Asda (and Tim/CW's) only have 20 copies. Loads of people on AVForums are going to their Asda and people are talking about getting there for 11pm.

This is the thing... how early is too early!

Do you wanna be casual, stroll in at 5 to midnight and pick it up... or sit on the floor in the entertainment section from half 9 biting your nails...

So hard being a gaming geek sometimes! I just know people from the Pizza section are going to come and stare/point at me...

I may go disguised...

This is the thing... how early is too early!

Do you wanna be casual, stroll in at 5 to midnight and pick it up... or sit on the floor in the entertainment section from half 9 biting your nails...

So hard being a gaming geek sometimes! I just know people from the Pizza section are going to come and stare/point at me...

I may go disguised...

Exactly. I VERY much doubt i'll be able to walk in at 11:55pm and get a good spot in the queue. But then I don't fancy the idea of standing in the queue for 1 1/2 hrs daydreaming away while all the shoppers stare at me and mock me :blush:

It's definately a good time to wear a baseball cap and a coat that covers half your face with the collar up :LOL:

My Amazon order has been dispatched. :D

Now I need to figure out how I'm not going to go to Uni 2morow.

Im getting to Asda for 11pm for definete, i just dont like the thought of getting there behind a mile long cue

a)Because ive wasted my time
b)Im not getting GTA IV
c)I'll end up kicking off

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom