GRID (PS3/360/PC)

Well my names in there (even if when the female voice says it it sounds really rushed) - so i hadn't thought about other names.

But that is very annoying that they've put some names in and not shorter variations of the same name.

I always wonder when you see those key rings with names on how the hell some of them were picked to be made --- i get they probably do a check of popular names and put them in - but you hardly see any normal names like dave or phill --- it's allways like 'Davies' 'Devon' 'Daniel' 'Drink' 'Derkton' 'Daves' 'Davis' and then you'd see 'Pherm' 'Phillis' 'Pigton' 'Pansy' 'Patrick' 'Pile' 'Pomm'

I always wonder when you see those key rings with names on how the hell some of them were picked to be made --- i get they probably do a check of popular names and put them in - but you hardly see any normal names like dave or phill --- it's allways like 'Davies' 'Devon' 'Daniel' 'Drink' 'Derkton' 'Daves' 'Davis' and then you'd see 'Pherm' 'Phillis' 'Pigton' 'Pansy' 'Patrick' 'Pile' 'Pomm'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ4pmakPr2o&feature=related

Actually, to be fair, I really ought to give this game a try on-line.

Haven't tried it yet but, in the same way FIFA 5v5 on-line relieves my main grievance about that game - the horrible, cheating AI, the same should be true of GRID.

Is it laggy or super smooth?

Well, I finally got round to trying it out on-line last night and to be fair, it was a bit of a blast....absolutely 100% arcade with not a hint of realism...but still passable fun.

However, very laggy.

Full of wreckers....not exactly a surprise.

The one good race I was having (ie. managed to keep clear of all the wreckers during the first 2 laps of the usual crash-em-up), I was sitting in 3rd place going into the 5th and final lap and the guy who'd been behind me for the previous 3 laps, but unable to close the gap, finally decided he couldn't catch me fairly so, as I braked going into a corner, just kept his foot down and smashed me off the track at full-speed...

...presumably wrecking his own car in the process, but I could't tell because at that exact instant, I was disconnected from the server. I hope that was not an auto-kick caused by the high-speed crash that someone inflicted upon me.

My money stays in the bank.

This game is so heart-pounding adrenaline filled and very addictive...

Can't wait till the full game comes out...

btw my PS3 gamertag is Scorp1o

Well, I finally got round to trying it out on-line last night and to be fair, it was a bit of a blast....absolutely 100% arcade with not a hint of realism...but still passable fun.

However, very laggy.

Full of wreckers....not exactly a surprise.

The one good race I was having (ie. managed to keep clear of all the wreckers during the first 2 laps of the usual crash-em-up), I was sitting in 3rd place going into the 5th and final lap and the guy who'd been behind me for the previous 3 laps, but unable to close the gap, finally decided he couldn't catch me fairly so, as I braked going into a corner, just kept his foot down and smashed me off the track at full-speed...

...presumably wrecking his own car in the process, but I could't tell because at that exact instant, I was disconnected from the server. I hope that was not an auto-kick caused by the high-speed crash that someone inflicted upon me.

My money stays in the bank.

Was that on 360? Not being a PS3 fanboy, but I've had ZERO problems playing Grid Demo online - no lag, no disconnects - everything is ace.

Still get the 'wreckers' which is annoying, but once the full game launches, most of those will drop away (its only cos the demo is free!) and also CM have added a feature in the full game that anyone driving the track the wrong way is 'ghosted' so they cannot cause any damage.

Finally, the full game has private lobby racing, so you will be able to set up private races with trusted mates etc - which is what I'm looking forward to the most!!!

Dont give up on it yet.

Damn this game looks fun. The sense of speed and jostling and the frantic racing.

The handling did bother me and it felt really twitchy - but dirt felt the same way and i enjoyed dirt for what it was.

Think i might pick this up sometime next week

Not really as he just picked the worse bits of GT5 and the trailer of GRID.

Both games are great in their own ways and both have faults - but the quality of the games means you can look past the fault.

Djeez, lighten up, it's just a funny vid...

Paul does not take kindly to criticism of the PS3 or GT5, you should know that. How dare you come in here posting videos of that nature.

:banned:

;)...:D

Was that on 360? Not being a PS3 fanboy, but I've had ZERO problems playing Grid Demo online - no lag, no disconnects - everything is ace.

Still get the 'wreckers' which is annoying, but once the full game launches, most of those will drop away (its only cos the demo is free!) and also CM have added a feature in the full game that anyone driving the track the wrong way is 'ghosted' so they cannot cause any damage.

Finally, the full game has private lobby racing, so you will be able to set up private races with trusted mates etc - which is what I'm looking forward to the most!!!

Dont give up on it yet.

No, PS3.

I've had only that one session on-line so it could have been a one-off bad session, but lag that bad would render the game unplayable. Some cars were literally jumping up and down on the track, although that might have just been Codies physics:LOL: model in full flow.

I wouldn't buy the game for anything other than on-line. Tried a few more races earlier against the AI and I wouldn't want to play that again if they paid me £40, let alone give them money.

Anyone see this featured on "Playr" at the weekend?

My Sky gets Bravo crap and I couldnt see it - was it any good and can I watch Playr archives anywhere :(

I saw a bit of it - its on virgin catch up so if you need i can re watch it and give you a rundown of whats said.

From what i saw it was like hazes feature.

They had a (bad) tour of the codemasters offices spoke to some devs they spoke about audio, online, the real world racing/city/fantasy tracks, the flashback feature on replays and the new drift mode they've added.

-

Is this game out now? I saw an advert last tuesday and it said 'Out Friday' but gamefaqs says THIS friday coming is the EU release date and gamestation/game say the 30th.

I'm going to take a guess and say its not out yet then

I saw a bit of it - its on virgin catch up so if you need i can re watch it and give you a rundown of whats said.

From what i saw it was like hazes feature.

They had a (bad) tour of the codemasters offices spoke to some devs they spoke about audio, online, the real world racing/city/fantasy tracks, the flashback feature on replays and the new drift mode they've added.

-

Is this game out now? I saw an advert last tuesday and it said 'Out Friday' but gamefaqs says THIS friday coming is the EU release date and gamestation/game say the 30th.

I'm going to take a guess and say its not out yet then

Nah, its out Friday, but ShopTo are sending today, so should have it tomorrow :)

I'm getting Sky fixed, so I should be able to get Bravo - cheers anyway!

Paul, I wont be getting this. The Demo was alright to start with and the crash damage is immense but that alone doesnt keep me coming back for more. The more I play the more the handling and arcadeyness makes me grate...

Paul, I wont be getting this. The Demo was alright to start with and the crash damage is immense but that alone doesnt keep me coming back for more. The more I play the more the handling and arcadeyness makes me grate...

Really? The more i play this, the more I feel like its GOTY (so far) and probably the best driving 'experience' I've ever had!

I say 'experience' because obviously the physics model is not accurate, but for all round fun, excitment, adrenaline and as a visual spectacle, this takes the biscuit!

Think the full game has a lot more to offer too...

That video is funny yet ridiculous compares crapest car in GT5 Prologue to supercar in Grid. :LOL:

But anyway ye the Grid handling is really twitchy what i couldnt handle properly.

Here a video of someone with full game 3 replays stock cars look right laugh at end also Donnington track in which would make pleasent change to same old tracks. :))

http://www.vimeo.com/1061033

What do people think of this compared to my favourite racing and most fun racing game PGR4?

This is one of the worst racing games I have ever played. It looks good but that is the only good thing about it as far as i'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom