Greatest Hip-Hop tracks of all time....

Yeah, i've got those two albums, plus Sitting On Chrome.

It's a shame that there aren't to rappers who make creative albums like Masta Ace.

Jay-Z brought out American Gangster, but that was a fucking joke! That wasn't no concept album. I think he shouldn't of came back, The Black Album was a good send off....I think that album was a classic.

Anyways DagsJT you should out productions by these two procducers called 9th Wonder (who i'm guessing you're familar with already) and Khrysis. There part of the Justus League (with LB, Legacy, chandoun and etc.).

This year i'm looking forward to 9th Wonder's Wonder Years and Buckshot's The Formula. Not to sure about any other albums coming out this year. Do you know where i can get some release dates?

Your white, so obviously you won't like what their saying. lol!

I'm not really a fan of Dead Prez to be honest, that super pro black stuff is cool, but doesn't really appeal that much to me. I like some of there songs like Hip-Hop.

Sitting On Chrome is a quality album, some of the guests on that are nice.

I thought American Gangster was very good, better than a lot of his other albums, including Blueprint.

I'm very much familiar with 9th and Khrysis, 9th has fell off a lot over the last few years, Khrysis is much better. Nicolay is just behind Khrysis. No idea for release dates, check allhiphop.com I suppose?

Justus League are probably my favourite crew, along with QN5. Supastation is probably in my top three rappers who I like to listen to for stories and overall cleverness. Very intelligent and nice rhymes.

Justus League are probably my favourite crew, along with QN5. Supastation is probably in my top three rappers who I like to listen to for stories and overall cleverness. Very intelligent and nice rhymes.
Yeah, Justus League league are a group of individuals who came together because they like and respect each others music. There are some sort of like minded group if you know what i mean?

Other groups i like at the moment are G-Unit and the Boot Camp Click.

Have you heard Wu-Tang Clans new album yet? Is it any good?

Yeah, Justus League league are a group of individuals who came together because they like and respect each others music. There are some sort of like minded group if you know what i mean?

Other groups i like at the moment are G-Unit and the Boot Camp Click.

Have you heard Wu-Tang Clans new album yet? Is it any good?

G-Unit? :lmao: Absoloutely awful, and I mean awful. No talent, lack of rhyming skill, rubbish content (I'm so bling, I'm a gangsta etc etc), rubbish. BCC are okay, not really heard much but I like Buckshot and Sean Price.

Wu's new album is pretty good yep, some nice beats although some beats are very different to their earlier 36 Chambers stuff.

Albums I recommend (again, off my walkman):

Cilvaringz - I
Danny! - Charm (If you like Kanye, you'll love this album)
DL Incognito - Music For A Digital World
J-Live - All Of The Above
Joell Ortiz - The Brick Bodega Chronicles
Killah Priest - The Offering
Mr SOS - All of his albums/bootlegs, the guy is quality
Prince Ali - I Miss 1994
Hiero Imperium Presents - The Building
MF Grimm - American Hunger

G-Unit? :lmao: Absoloutely awful, and I mean awful. No talent, lack of rhyming skill, rubbish content (I'm so bling, I'm a gangsta etc etc), rubbish. BCC are okay, not really heard much but I like Buckshot and Sean Price.

Wu's new album is pretty good yep, some nice beats although some beats are very different to their earlier 36 Chambers stuff.

Albums I recommend (again, off my walkman):

Cilvaringz - I
Danny! - Charm (If you like Kanye, you'll love this album)
DL Incognito - Music For A Digital World
J-Live - All Of The Above
Joell Ortiz - The Brick Bodega Chronicles
Killah Priest - The Offering
Mr SOS - All of his albums/bootlegs, the guy is quality
Prince Ali - I Miss 1994
Hiero Imperium Presents - The Building
MF Grimm - American Hunger

:lmao: I cant believe out of all those albums i only heard one, but i guess you lot aren't into mainstream rappers , dont get me wrong im not a 50 cent fan but do listen to his stuff since its in ya face you might aswell check it out, the Ortiz album is good, the main Artist's i listen to our....

Big Pun
Cam'ron(not the best of rappers, but has some hype tracks)
Chamillioniare
DMX
Dr. Dre (2 albums 2 classics, Detox comin 08)
Eazy E (only some of his classics)
Eminem
The Game (Dunno why but listen probably to him the most has alot of good tracks, he produces mixtapes by the day)
LOX - great group
Jay Z he's got great old stuff , really is absolutely done now , last two albums where shocking
Dipset
Kanye West
Lupe Fiasco
Mobb deep (there old stuff)
Nas
Papoose (the best new rapper)
Ruff Ryders

well thats pretty much the main people i listen to..tones of classic shizzle in there:mrgreen:

You REALLY need to broaden your horizons and listen to some underground stuff.

I know all of the artists there, everyone probably does. The likes of Dipset (UTTER crap, worse than G-Unit), Ruff Ryderz, Cam'Ron, and even Papoose are pretty poor.

Papoose used to be really good when he first came out, he was a breath of fresh air and his content was nice, his rhyming was nice and he was nice overall. But as time's gone on and this Nacirema Dream album never seems to appear so he keeps throwing out bootlegs, he's just becoming boring and saying the same things. He needs to get his act together and quickly, just like Saigon.

I know all of the artists there, everyone probably does. The likes of Dipset (UTTER crap, worse than G-Unit), Ruff Ryderz, Cam'Ron, and even Papoose are pretty poor.

Papoose used to be really good when he first came out, he was a breath of fresh air and his content was nice, his rhyming was nice and he was nice overall. But as time's gone on and this Nacirema Dream album never seems to appear so he keeps throwing out bootlegs, he's just becoming boring and saying the same things. He needs to get his act together and quickly, just like Saigon.

Yep, any good underground rappers you would recommend?

Artists? Where do I start? :lol: I'll fire up my mp3 player again. Some of these may not be underground as such, but not as mainstream as Jay-Z and 50 Cent for example:

Little Brother
Masta Ace
Bishop Lamont
Blu & Exile
Brother Ali
Canibus
Consequence
Coughee Brothaz
Devin The Dude
CunninLynguists
Danny!
K-Os
Killah Priest (of Wu Tang fame)
Mr SOS
Ohmega Watts
Pharoahe Monche
RA The Rugged Man
Rakim
Supastition
Talib Kweli (check out Black Star, Kweli and Mos Def, one of the best hip-hop albums of all time really)
Mos Def
Tonedeff
Hieroglyphics
Del The Funky Homosapien
Witchdoctor
DJ Shadow (does instrumentals, great to chill to)
Jean Grae (probably the best female rapper)
MF Grimm
MF Doom (I'm not keen personally, very odd content but he does have skills, he's very popular)

And that's the end of my walkman. Trust me, I've missed off LOADS, and probably some of the better rappers too.

I'll give you a link, compilation of the best tracks of 2007, 4 cd's. A few mainstream rappers in there, but also LOADS of underground (a lot of which I haven't heard of either). Enjoy :)

http://allhiphop.com/forums/thread/19057785.aspx

Well, i've been a G-Unit fan since 2002 and i liked the music they put (not all of them though).

I like their hard lyrics and their banging beats by Sha Money XL, Red Spider and other guys who produce for them.

As much as i like creative and underground hip-hop, i do like listening to stuff from the likes of G-Unit.

But i don't listen to any bullshit like Solja Boy, Rick Ross, T-Pain, JR Writer, Mims and etc.

So it's a good balanced mix for me.

Well, i've been a G-Unit fan since 2002 and i liked the music they put (not all of them though).

I like their hard lyrics and their banging beats by Sha Money XL, Red Spider and other guys who produce for them.

As much as i like creative and underground hip-hop, i do like listening to stuff from the likes of G-Unit.

But i don't listen to any bullshit like Solja Boy, Rick Ross, T-Pain, JR Writer, Mims and etc.

So it's a good balanced mix for me.

You heard this new dude , Bishop Lamont, he's on Dre's label, he's pretty tight...

I never really checked for Pap, few decent tunes ("Across the Tracks" w/ Nas is good), but like lil wayne he's overdone the mixtape thing..

you heard Termanololgy??, he's decent...

I never really checked for Pap, few decent tunes ("Across the Tracks" w/ Nas is good), but like lil wayne he's overdone the mixtape thing..

Lil Wayne is garbage, the most annoying voice ever. His rhymes are AWFUL. I just can't listen to any tracks where he features, just ruins the song. In particular the song on Little Brother's new album, urgh!

Termanology is very good, I definately think he's worth a listen. I think he's done quite a bit of work with Statik Selektah who makes some superb beats.

IMO, Lose Yourself from Eminem is probably one of the greatest hip hop track ever made. Its just so well put together, from the lyrics to the beat. There are definately better tracks in terms of beats or rhymes but I dont know any better as a full package.

I dont care if its commercial or anything but I really like Lupe Fiasco's new album "The Cool".

Must Haves:
peterockcls_meccathes_101b.jpg

Pete_Rock_Smooth-Main_Ingredient.jpg

Two of the greatest produced albums ever. Pete Rock bangs it out.

American Gangster is an excellent album.

I dont care if its commercial or anything but I really like Lupe Fiasco's new album "The Cool".

I think this kid is great, good songwriter, good concepts..

he could have hung onto kanyes fame (the usual for hip hop) but chooses to do his own thing...

look out for the CRS (Child Rebel Soldier) Album this year with Lupe Kanye and Pharell..

the current single US Placers with Thome Yorke is pretty pretty pretty good...

Lupe is amazing and I hope he changes his mind about quiting after his 3rd album.

His Touch the Sky mixtape is excellent.

Ain't nothing better than the old skool. I thank god i was brought up in the early 90s listening to real hiphop and not to the crap of the new millenium. Wutang, Tribe called quest, De la Soul, Rakim, Keith Murray, Ice cube, etc. Stuff all this chingy blingy crunk drunk hiphop.

EDIT: How can i forget the Notorious Biggie smalls :)

Last edited:

Papoose is awesome. Like Dags said when he first came out dude was hot and i kind of felt like "ah hiphop is back". Give him a listen.

Back
Top Bottom