Great Live albums and bands...

QOTSA are brilliant live, agreed. Jack, do you like Josh's other band 'The Eagles Of Death Metal'?

Best live act I have ever seen was the Beastie Boys in 1998 - amazing. Also, David Bowie at Glastonbury was an experience. As were Maddona. And R.E.M.

Don't get me started about live gigs!

QOTSA are brilliant live, agreed. Jack, do you like Josh's other band 'The Eagles Of Death Metal'?

Best live act I have ever seen was the Beastie Boys in 1998 - amazing. Also, David Bowie at Glastonbury was an experience. As were Maddona. And R.E.M.

Don't get me started about live gigs!

I'm a fan of EODM... love their style.

I saw the Beastie Boys in Japan this summer at a festival, they were great! But so far my best ever gig was Muse in Japan as well, who were stunning live and had incredible light shows. Matt Bellamy's jamming and vocals just go so well together.

This friday im going to see Fu Manchu - if any of you like the 'stoner rock' genre, thats what theyre like, but more punkish.

Saw 'The Birthday' last week at Crazy Mama's Kingdom in Okayama. Ex-Thee Michelle Gun Elephant singer and drummer. Absolutely brilliant.
The Supersuckers are still the best live band I've seen though.

I'm a fan of EODM... love their style.

I saw the Beastie Boys in Japan this summer at a festival, they were great! But so far my best ever gig was Muse in Japan as well, who were stunning live and had incredible light shows. Matt Bellamy's jamming and vocals just go so well together.

This friday im going to see Fu Manchu - if any of you like the 'stoner rock' genre, thats what theyre like, but more punkish.

Mate I bloody love Fu Manchu. My best friend is OBSESSED with stoner rock music and DJs at his local club at weekends - if you want to know about any good stoner bands, just gimme a shout! :)

my top 5 concerts (for the last 10 years)

- Portishead (Munich)
- Dresden Dolls (Astoria, London)
- The Long Blondes (Schocken, Stuttgart)
- The Rakes (Shepherds Bush, London)
- Mando Diao, Johnossi (Kongresszentrum, Stuttgart)

The best live performance I've ever seen myself is the one made by the Italian rocker Luciano Ligabue in Reggio Emilia, in 2005. We were almost 200K people, it was impressing.
I know he's not that famous abroad, but here he's considered one of the greatest Italian singers and songwriters ever.

But if I had to say a live album, I'd suggest you to listen to "Soundtrack 96-06 live" by Elisa. I've first seen her live in 2005 (she was the guest star in Ligabue's show I mentioned before) and she performed amazingly. I've seen a live show of her just once again since, but it's something I'd suggest to anyone.

of course I own it. But if I had tyo choose I'd choose the live performace of Roger Waters in Berlin in 1990. One of the best live performances ever even if I didn't have the luck to see it myself, I just have the video.

Well, there are Waters fans (probably those who care most about the lyrics) and Gilmour fans (caring most about the music, espacially his incredible skills on the strat guitar). Oh well, maybe this is a bad generalization. But I admire David, and I have never ever seen anything greater than P.U.L.S.E.
Anyway, sad that the Floyd split up after The Final Cut.

after all those years they still rock, had a kick ass night yesterday :TU:

wekq7e2j.png

I watched Enter Shakiri, Pendulum, Jay Z and Linkin Park last night

It was awesome. Jay Z is unbelievable on stage, he did all his hits and through in things like rehab and did alot of rapping a capella which had the crowd hanging on his every word. He even had a Rant about George Bush with a big picture of him behind which was greeted by boos and Jay Z finishing off his rap off with "Fuck Bush"

Linkin Park were just as good as well, they played all there hits and got Jay Z on at the end to sing Encore when everyone thought he had gone :))

Ill posted some clips later

Last edited:
The other night I watched 'John Mayer - Where the Light is' on DVD. The guy can't half play the guitar. Great voice aswell. Definitely check it out.

John Mayer is EXCELLENT! One of my favourite artists, along with Jason Mraz.

Incidently I went to see Mraz at Warwick last weekend, BRILLIANT show! The guy has good control over the crowd, cracking voice and nice with a guitar too. Quality show.

John Mayer is EXCELLENT! One of my favourite artists, along with Jason Mraz.

Incidently I went to see Mraz at Warwick last weekend, BRILLIANT show! The guy has good control over the crowd, cracking voice and nice with a guitar too. Quality show.

Dags you really have to get a hold of the DVD. Simply fantastic! He showcases all three of his styles, from acoustic to blues to his popular songs. My favourite being the blues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXZHhUDohH8

He also does two Hendrix covers, 'Bold as Love' and 'Wait Until Tomorrow'

"Bold As Love" is one of the songs off his released albums, "Room For Squares" possibly.

Not got the DVD, got the album version of it though ;))

What do you think of John Mayer Trio? I've tried to like it but it's just not my style of music, much prefer Mayer's normal solo stuff.

I think it's brilliant. I have been playing the guitar for nearly 11 years now and can really appreciate the different styles he's trying to incorporate into his music. The trio really shows how much of a good all round artist he is.

Some of the mainstream John Mayer songs I'm not so keen on though, like Daughters/Neon.

Went to Global Gathering on Saturday and didn't get back in till 8 yesterday with no sleep in 24 hours :LOL:

And today i got the Digipack from the Linkin Park gig, listening to that again is awesome

Crowd.jpg

Spotlight.jpg

Muse, Linkin park and paramore. 3 best bands ive seen live :D linkin park and jay Z last month was awesome :D

Back
Top Bottom