Great Live albums and bands...

STR, good to hear this. It's a excellent band, they sounded even better live. I can't stop listening to So Come Back, I Am Waiting from the Black Sheep Boy album. It's a masterpiece.

I went to see Josh Ritter in Amsterdam last night. Amazing concert, gave me shivers on more than one occasion. The songs from his last album The Animal Years sounded much better. I did miss an extra guitar player, but that was just a minor flaw.

Saunders, I have tickets for their Holland gig, I'm looking forward to that a lot! Did you enjoy it?

joostebrood said:
Saunders, I have tickets for their Holland gig, I'm looking forward to that a lot! Did you enjoy it?
yeah the best was when at the end eddie starts talking to the crowd, and he says today dick cheney called me

eddie:hey DICK
dick cheney:hey eddie was wondering if you could play a song for me
eddie:sure DICK, what song
dick:you know my favorite song
eddie:ok, here it is

they JAM into neil youngs

WHY DO I KEEP FUCKING UP!!!

awesome, good show, they played alive, evenflow, better man, yellow leadbetter, some of there new stuff..

What do people in America think about Neil Youngs last album CSaunders???

Stan said:
What do people in America think about Neil Youngs last album CSaunders???
indifference i suppose cause i havent see much of a uproar about it... the dixie chicks have gotten more press and hate then neil has, but neil is a hypocrite... he was a HUGE regan suporter... not to mention he aint even american, some people are probably bitter about that, i love neil ,always have always will, i need to get that new album though...

One of the best live bands I have ever seen is 'The Bare Naked Ladies' Absolutely awesome.

Theyve also got a live album out, which is a good few years old, but very good.

Cloud1863 said:
Lucky bstrd ;) I want to see them but they are not playing in Scotland on this tour. :(

Their comming to Lisbon this Setember for two concerts :)

This year i watch some god concerts:
Placedo (Super Bock, Super Rock Lisbon), Guns & Roses, Red Hot(Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006.

Last year Coldplay was great.

I like to see Dave Matthews Band.

I've been to the Cactus Festival in Brugge last weekend and saw some pretty good gigs: Tragically Hip, Erykah Badu, Buffalo Tom, Rufus Wainwright.

And then there was this absolute sensational concert by a band i did not know: Bajafondo Tango Club. This is an Argentinian/Uruguayan band who mixes modern dance beats with nuevo tango...fantastic...one of the best concerts i ever saw.
Monday i went to a record shop and immediately bought their 3 CD's...
They will be the soundtrack of my summer...

Went to see Air at the Forum last night in London. Must say i REALLY REALLY enjoyed it. I wasn't really expecting much, but throughout the performance I really got into the music. It sounds amazing live, and more explosive and pleasant. The visuals were also great, all the lighting effects added to the show!

God I love AIR!

I've only heard one or two Air songs, but I saw a clip of one of their gigs somewhere a while ago, and it did look really good. There's a lot of work put into everything; not just into the music. I wouldn't mind seeing them live someday.

The last band I saw live was in 2000. :| And that was only because the tickets were bought for me, they're bloody expensive... But I would like to go and see someone soon. I doubt the bands I like will be playing locally any time soon though (Foo Fighters, Queens Of The Stone Age, Nine Black Alps, Maximo Park, The Subways)...

Got back from Arctic Monkeys gig! AMAZING! Had to move to the side though cos i was literally crushed when Brianstorm came on...I was right at the front with a friend. They are incredible live, and I'm in love with their new album. I highly recommend them to any live fans out there!

Love live shows in America with British Bands so easy to meet and hang out with your heros.
My wifes met everyone from Britpop and on even had dinner with the Gallaghers.
Best Live shows over here i have seen:
Super Furry Animals
Cooper Temple Clause
Wifes fav:
Primal Scream

Just booked tickets to go and see Pigeon Detectives live in a few months' time.

Will be my first gig since 11th June 1999. I can't WAIT.

Saw "The Killers" live in Sheffield this year, February 16th (me lady's birthday, she fancies t'pants off Brandon), and it was easily the best gig I've seen, a storming intro led the way for a faultless performance, proper banging. The lighting was quite euphoric too, as was the confetti during the intro for Sam's Town and during This River Is Wild.

Same as my missus. If I got rid of the face-fluff (which is the only similarity I have to him) she'd leave me, I'm sure of it.

Couldn't stand going to see them live, I don't mind one or two of their songs but the majority piss me off. Most probably because of said fancying.

Going to see Queens of the Stone Age in November and Fu Manchu!!!!

How were the Pigeon Detectives Jack? When I saw them in Japan they were very energetic and got the crowd going!

Going to see them in 9 days, and weirdly enough, going to see Queens Of The Stone Age in November as well :D

Might go see QOTSA in Liverpool, didn't know they were on.

Jason Mraz is probably the best artist I've heard live through bootleg cd's (Live At Java Joes being one of the best), I'd love to go and catch one of his gigs. One of my favourite artists.

Probably not for everyone but I'm going watching Bowling For Soup tomorrow night, along with Bloodhound Gang, Zebrahead and Army of Freshmen. BFS were great last time, so lets hope theyre as good again.

Saw another band called InMe a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom