1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Grandstand to end?

Discussion in 'Football' started by CW, 24 April 2006.

1. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    The only real surprise is that its taken them so long

2. steevio_uk

steevio_uk Premiership

7 October 2003
    West Ham
    Writing was always on the wall the more popular Soccer Saturday got.

3. Zygalski

Zygalski Ninja Samurai

2 February 2003
    London, UK
    England
  4. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    London -> New York -> San Francisco
    Liverpool FC
    finally(!)

5. :: JJ ::

:: JJ :: Guest

Its had a good innings but the format of the programme has been tired for quite some time and I'm surprised it has lasted this long when sport on telly is almost 24/7 what with the majority of us having Sky. It got to the stage where all it was showing was third-rate sporting events, the likes of Football Focus and Final Score will no doubt become separate programmes but most people are either watching Soccer Saturday or looking at scores on t'internet.

The only question now is what shit will our licence fee be paying for instead? :-k

Last edited by a moderator: 25 April 2006
  6. steevio_uk

steevio_uk Premiership

7 October 2003
    West Ham
    Another round to Murdoch and the Prawn Sandwich brigade.

7. RGEE1979

RGEE1979 Evo-Webber since 2002

28 December 2002
    Tokyo
    Spurs
    Saturday without Grandstand!

Say it aint so!

8. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    So no more cross-country from Gateshead, table tennis and third division water-polo (ok, so I went a little far there) - shame, but it had to happen. I shall remember it for the rugby league in particular in the late eighties - Martin Offiah, Ellery Hanley et al in your living room every Saturday - brilliant! Still ain't getting sky though.....