Grand Theft Auto 5

Tried briefly this morning...

All setting maxed out and game plays well.. Didn't have it crash on me either..

Will give it a game maybe later tonight, but mainly waiting for the mods to start coming.

Last edited:
Well one initial disappointment, using a DS4 with my PC, boot up GTA 5 and there's no way to change the controller icons, 360 only, read that the game would support both controllers natively so assumed that would mean it would either detect what controller I was using and display the appropriate icons or have an option to choose? Even Far Cry 4 managed that and we all know what Ubisoft are like as PC devs.

The second thing that disappointed me, started the bank heist and police shootout in storymode, no iron sights, thought when they revealed the first person mode it showed ironsights in first person mode?

Edit: I'm using DS4 BTW.

Last edited:
Very impressed - it runs really smoothly at high settings 1080p 60fps and looks fantastic. It seems they have really learned from their mistakes with GTA IV and produced a really high quality PC version this time around.

There have been some server outages when I've been trying to go online, but that is to be expected in the first few days of such a big release.

The second thing that disappointed me, started the bank heist and police shootout in storymode, no iron sights, thought when they revealed the first person mode it showed ironsights in first person mode?

Edit: I'm using DS4 BTW.
You can use iron sights, and some of the weapons have red dot sights etc. To use them you need to click the right stick while you are aiming with the left trigger. Once they are toggled on, then each time you aim it will use the sights automatically without needing to click R3.

Very impressed - it runs really smoothly at high settings 1080p 60fps and looks fantastic. It seems they have really learned from their mistakes with GTA IV and produced a really high quality PC version this time around.

There have been some server outages when I've been trying to go online, but that is to be expected in the first few days of such a big release.

any better than ps4...already had on ps3/ps4 dunno if want to buy again my pc is not much better than a ps4 tbh but i could get 1080p and icnreased draw distance i guess

any better than ps4...already had on ps3/ps4 dunno if want to buy again my pc is not much better than a ps4 tbh but i could get 1080p and icnreased draw distance i guess
Depends on the spec of the PC, but on my rig it is certainly far better than on the PS4. Any moderately powerful PC will make the game look and run better than it does on consoles.

Ive sniffed around youtube, im looking for some HD videos where people are free roaming casualy in first person mode (something longer than 3 mins or 7 mins), but it seems so far most long vids seem like multiplayer stupid third person 720p smash 7 crash fests that looks more like dial up modem streams or HD long play and no first person :)

Anyone found anything like that yet? I realise its early days of course.

You can use iron sights, and some of the weapons have red dot sights etc. To use them you need to click the right stick while you are aiming with the left trigger. Once they are toggled on, then each time you aim it will use the sights automatically without needing to click R3.

Nice thanks :)

Ive sniffed around youtube

Best quality videos are always at Gamersyde: www.gamersyde.com/news_our_pc_videos_of_gtav-16447_en.html

X7qEuxs.gif

:APPLAUD: what a tragedy

Played some more last night, and must say after the massive errors made with the crap GTA 4 port.. Rockstar really have delivered a fully working and well optimised version..

Now all we need is Ubisoft to follow suit..

Same here!
Struggled quite a bit with the preload stuff (had to do it two times as my son wanted it too, so we can play together), but I gotta say that this port is simply awesome!

There has been a mod released already.. Someone has changed the FOV options within the game.. But I have not tried it until people say they aren't being banned.

I am mainly waiting for car mods, and new texture packs.

The custom soundtrack feature is great - just drag and drop the MP3 files into the relevant folder and scan in-game and your music is all used in one of the selectable radio stations named "Self Radio", which (optionally) breaks up the songs with chatter and news reports related to the story to sound like a real radio station.

I'll be keeping an eye on the mods, but as I really enjoy the online modes in the game (particularly air races), I think I'll be quite cautious with it.

So far I'm really impressed - it runs like a dream, looks fantastic and is a hell of a lot of fun.

I can only imagine what mods & ENB updates will make this game look like.

The custom soundtrack feature is great

This is a real gem for the game, immersed your audio very well, I liked it when IV introduced sound changes when in and out of car as door opened/closed, with bass etc.

So far I'm really impressed - it runs like a dream, looks fantastic and is a hell of a lot of fun.

What are your specs? Just interested on how much this is a killer or overhyped on pushing graphics.

Game runs smooth and looks beautiful!

Really good PC port, but there a few problems though which hopefully being patched soon.

On my desktop I get crashes every 30 mins. "Initialize error" something.

My son on the laptop can´t even start the game.
Only when we deactivate the nvidia card, start the game and quickly activate it, while social club loads.

Lol.

Only when we deactivate the nvidia card, start the game and quickly activate it, while social club loads.

I notice on many forums people screaming about this bug ... pretty obvious R* will need to ship a fix soon.

Best quality videos are always at Gamersyde: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_our_pc...-16447_en.html

Thanks, wow those videos (1 gig for 4 mins) .. 60FPS damn that looks good. If anyone complains about "pc port" they are crazy, this compared to IV on first week release is like chalk & cheese.

Anyone remember IV "cross hatched" shadows? They didnt fix that for months :PIG:

4zvHzAo.jpg

What a pisstake, don't even need this frigging patch to play the game, but I'm forced to download it at dialup speeds because of their shitty servers.

4zvHzAo.jpg

What a pisstake, don't even need this frigging patch to play the game, but I'm forced to download it at dialup speeds because of their shitty servers.

Their servers are really shitty, they are almost as bad as PSN.. I got really lucky with the patch download - got 16MB constant it was the game I had massive issues downloading.

Also mention my Rockstar account name is bsmaff if anyone wants to do a Heist or something..

Also have my own TeamSpeak server:
Will mention IP here when I get home and find it out.
Password:
tvirusepoch

Aha I'll try that next time! I gave up and just unplugged my ethernet adaptor to force offline mode (that should be an option!) then downloaded it about an hour later at something like 20MB/s.

Should my PC be able to play this no problems at all on high settings?

* Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W)
* Asus Z87-PRO USB 3.0 Motherboard (4x DDR3, ATX, 2x PCI Express 3.0/2.0, Intel, Wi-Fi)
* Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
* Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
* EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX780 Superclocked ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
* 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black Low Profile, PC3-12800 (1600)

Last edited:
Should my PC be able to play this no problems at all on high settings?

* Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W)
* Asus Z87-PRO USB 3.0 Motherboard (4x DDR3, ATX, 2x PCI Express 3.0/2.0, Intel, Wi-Fi)
* Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
* Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
* EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX780 Superclocked ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
* 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black Low Profile, PC3-12800 (1600)

You should be able to run the game absolutely no problems...

Just use the Nvidia game ready thing to select the best settings for your card and you will be good to go.. It might not be completely maxed out, but it will only have maybe AA turned down a little.. Rockstar have done an incredible job with the PC version it runs constantly smooth on my machine @60FPS without any frame drops. I use the Game Ready settings suggested by Nvidia.

Last edited:
Just remember to tone down shadows to High/Softest and Grass to Very High. Also don't bother with MSAA, it's gonna eat your frames once you get to the rural parts of the map. Everything else maxed @1080p, minus the Advanced Graphics Options maybe, should grant you 60 frames for the most parts. Easily. Your rig's golden, buddy.

Game runs very smooth and looks beautiful.

I'm struggling with crashes though. Every 5 - 10 mins the game crashes and I get an error named ERR_D3D_GFX_INIT.
Tried everything I found on the internet, nothing worked.
Tested the new catalyst beta driver and also the one before.

Someone gave a hint to deactivate TESSELATION.
Trying it and hoping for a new patch to come soon.

Back
Top Bottom