Goodbye PES/WE

F@TMAN

Non-League
7 August 2003
I guess I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their contributions over the years. I can't remember how I stumbled upon this forum, but I have to admit w/o it my WE/PES experience wouldn't be the same. Sorry to say, though, but it seems the honeymoon is over...

I passed over PES2K8; the next-gen ver was dismal to say the least, and I was disappointed at what I felt was a step back in gameplay from WE10 on PS2. Having given PES2K9 a fair go on both PS2 and PS3, there just seems to be no real "buzz"...I can't explain it, but it's just not WE anymore...after almost 9 years (since WE2000 back on PS1), I've decided to hang up my boots. I traded in my copy of PES yesterday...will I be back? Will Konami release another piece of shit?!

This isn't a rant, and I know Konami aren't going to take their finger out of their ass for me. I just felt that I needed to say my piece, and once again thank the community for their hard work to help us have an enjoy experience. Cheers evo-web!

F@tman, these are sad times, right? :ANX:
I hope Konami finally learns from their seemingly eternal repeating mistakes, especially the on-line mode and the non-existing next-gen gaming.
Will Konami bounce back? Then we see you back as well I guess :)

I feel the same as you F@TMAN. PES is merely a shadow of it's former self now and is stuck in the past.

I also thank everyone who has edited PES in the past, when it was actually a good game (PES3-6), they made the game look a hell of a lot better and although PES was never about the graphics, it looked good.

At least there is a football game I enjoy this year in FIFA 09 on 360, or else I would have to go the year playing PES5/FM 09/other types of games!

F@tman, these are sad times, right? :ANX:
I hope Konami finally learns from their seemingly eternal repeating mistakes, especially the on-line mode and the non-existing next-gen gaming.
Will Konami bounce back? Then we see you back as well I guess :)

how will they? we all buy the pro evo anyway

I also thank everyone who has edited PES in the past, when it was actually a good game (PES3-6), they made the game look a hell of a lot better and although PES was never about the graphics, it looked good.
PES6 is still alive.. I don't like PES2009 like I didn't like PES2008, but PES6 was a wonderful game, and it's still worth playing.
In addition, it is still followed by a lot of editers.. If I had to edit all the new season graphics by myself, it would have been pain ;)

PES6 is still alive.. I don't like PES2009 like I didn't like PES2008, but PES6 was a wonderful game, and it's still worth playing.
In addition, it is still followed by a lot of editers.. If I had to edit all the new season graphics by myself, it would have been pain ;)

+ 1

Pes 6 4 Life!!!!

It needs a lot more people to do that before konami will do jack, they make millions out of kids these days, and the days of getting a game and playing for a year or so are gone.
Kids are banging through games in days to trade them in ASAP...

Back
Top Bottom