1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Golden Balls to appear in SPL next season

Discussion in 'Football' started by squire, 9 March 2006.

1. squire

squire Non-League

18 August 2003
    CELTIC
    The SPL marketing people have anounced that from next season each home team wil play with a special ball in thier own club colours.

so for instance the Hearts ball will be marroon and white, rangers red white and blue and so on.

they have also said that from next season the champions (i.e celtic) will have the "honour" of playing the season with a special golden ball as a reward for thier efforts.

so if/when Hartson scores a hat-trick at ibrox next season he'll get to keep his very own rangers ball.

no doubt it will bw popular with kids and bring in a few extra pounds into the club shops.

ps
    David who?.... sorry was the title of this thread misleading

2. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    :mrgreen: hehe...............thank god you cleared that up, wouldn't want that useless toss at Celtic, although would've been happy if he was going to the bear's.

That should be fun. Where did you get the information from?

FD

3. Cammey

Cammey Shirt Untucker

12 October 2004
    Lancashire,England
    Everton FC and Burnley FC
    Sounds like an editors nightmare to me :lol:

4. squire

squire Non-League

18 August 2003
    CELTIC
    One of the SPL spokesmen was interviewed on BBC radio Scotland on the
    "90 minutes" show, I heard about it there.

5. denirobob

denirobob IBERIAN PRIMERA

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    Won't the Hibs ball blend into the grass a tad?

db

6. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Banned

12 February 2005
    London
    Won't improve what is a pants league!

Sorry my Scottish brothers.