God of War [PS4]

Looks terrific. I had fun with the old, somewhat shallow, GOW games back on the PS2, but this looks much better. I very rarely buy games at the full asking price because most games are, well, a bit shit, but this may be an exception.

Last edited:
Been playing all weekend and have only put a dent in it. Going slow, savoring the experience. It definitely deserves the high scores, in my opinion. Visually impressive and silky smooth gameplay. Combat is hard as nails though, for me. I like the challenge though. Sony's first party studios are first-class.

Harder than I thought it would be, have it on second hardest difficulty. I've just reached the boat which I think is the beginning of the 'real' game.

Combat is hard, health bar is tiny. I've been using evade more than block. Wish you could throw the axe without holding L2.

Yea, feel the same about holding L2. I also keep forgetting to retrieve the axe during hectic combat situations.:DOH: The axe sure is a lot of fun. Have to admit I spend far too much time in this just wandering around looking at the scenery. LOL. Hopefully, I'll be a lot more focused and proficient on my second play through... I see patch 1.12 just came out and gives an option to increase the size of the text when possible, which is nice as I was having some problems seeing some of it before.

Ahh makes sense. Was having to get up and go closer to the TV to read what was going on.

I'm a week away from lambing season so I think I will hold off until that's pretty much over. But man, this game is getting some crazy scores and recommendations, reminds me a bit of when Resident Evil came out on Gamecube, along with the similar rebooting of the gameplay.

Got this during the E3 sale. Still haven't played enough to be truly hooked, also the R1/R2 as attacking buttons is messing me up að bit, I feel like I can't really hammer those as much as the face buttons, without getting tired. I might try to change the controls and see how it goes.
What a looker though, wow.

Got this during the E3 sale. Still haven't played enough to be truly hooked, also the R1/R2 as attacking buttons is messing me up að bit, I feel like I can't really hammer those as much as the face buttons, without getting tired. I might try to change the controls and see how it goes.
What a looker though, wow.
you dont have to hammer! its about timing, combos and such stuff...! get a clou what you opponent is up to tactical wise and (try) beat him!
hammering buttons wildly in GOW is ok... but its not getting you there. kinda like souls... but not that hard!

Back
Top Bottom