1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

GOARMY AD

Discussion in 'The Site' started by erichlebt, 13 April 2005.

1. erichlebt

erichlebt League 2

18 March 2002
    Germany
    Well I guess you guys have to take what you get, but for somebody like me, who loves the thought of football beeing a game that unites people and stands for people from all over the world having a good, peaceful time, it might be somehow disturbing/irritating to see an ad like this on a football-forum.

Aint meant offensive, just my two cents.

Cheers

2. LemonJelly

LemonJelly Bungie's Bitch Staff

28 August 2002
    UK
    I can see your point but I don't think evo-web gets to pick and chose the ads that appear in the banner. I presume advertisers go to soccergaming and ask for space, then that gets rolled to any site hanging off the main soccergaming site.

If it does offend anyone, then install Firefox and block it. In fact install Firefox anyway and block all ads :)

3. erichlebt

erichlebt League 2

18 March 2002
    Germany

But as I want to support evo-web I off course click a banner now and then, and I at least want to see what I'm clicking. :)

4. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    Right, this is out of our hands, it's Soccergaming's decision. In order to keep this site alive, we have to take them all :)

Simply get an ad-blocker of some sort, I can't believe people still browsing without such a nifty device anyway.

5. erichlebt

erichlebt League 2

18 March 2002
    Germany

As I worte above^^^^: want to support but want to know what I'm clicking

BTW using Proxomitron to block what I dont want to see.

6. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    Eigentlich isses schnurz, ob du hier auf die Banner klickst oder nicht. Zumindest haben wir in diese Richtung keine Auflagen von SG bekommen. Kannst die also ruhig alle ausschalten ;)

7. Placebo

Placebo Portugal bound!

3 May 2003
    Visby,Gotland,Sweden
    Sheffield Wednesday
    As a Firefox Adblock user I'm curious now, what's offensive about this ad? :)

8. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    I have no idea either and currently have many dodgy ideas as to what it says running through my head

9. gunnerglory

gunnerglory Guest

Chris Wright and I are currently in negotiations with soccergaming about removing this advert and any other army slogans or innuendo that appears on Evo-Web. The status after our 4 hour lunch meeting earlier has brought us back to where we started but please rest assured the chris and I will continue to tackle these guys vigorously and we WILL reach some kind of agreement. please bear with us. Thanks for contacting the evo-web.co.uk staff.

10. erichlebt

erichlebt League 2

18 March 2002
    Germany

To CWright: Interesting that you as an admin dont know what your site looks like :)

Gunnerglory, I highly appreciate you caring about EVERYTHING that is stated in here. I'm pretty sure you will fight down the forces off old and evil and we will not be forced to see (or not) this disgusting advertisment anymore.

Thanks for your effort!!!
    You truely are the peoples mod!!!

PS: Kezz, wusst ich nicht, ich dachte man müsste die Banner klicken damit Ihr was davon habt.

11. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    London -> New York -> San Francisco
    Liverpool FC
    Oh, the irony of it all.....

In their everlasting quest to remove those random scam posts about free ipods, psps etc..., it looks like evo-web (or should I say Soccergaming?) have been brought out :D

[​IMG]

12. danwin

danwin Oak Hard

1 December 2003
    hahahahahaha, brilliant.

13. Glavisted

Glavisted Guest

What's the meaning of "ipod"?.

14. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    Indeed, you should ;)

15. mattster12

mattster12 All-round Bastard

11 April 2005
    It's a portable mp3 player, have you honestly never heard of an ipod :shock:

16. Glavisted

Glavisted Guest

Never heard of it, i'm very archaic. Thanks.

17. mattster12

mattster12 All-round Bastard

11 April 2005
    There great I've got a 20gb one, the limited edition U2 one. It looks cool and I've only half filled it with all my albums.

[​IMG]

I love it!!

18. hitmanuk2k

hitmanuk2k Conference

10 June 2003
    Durham
    Newcastle United
    The delivery of ads is not even controlled by SoccerGaming. It is UGO (www.ugo.com) who is the ad network for the entire SoccerGaming family (including evo-web).