1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Goalscoring Goalies

Discussion in 'Football' started by Valmir, 15 July 2006.

1. Valmir

Valmir Quality, not quantity

30 October 2005
    Reading, England
    Reading
    Today Reading's 3rd choice goalie played up front (due to injuries to othesr) in a friendly and scored :lmao:

[​IMG]

so it got my thinking about other goal-scoring goalies. Obviously theres the ones like Schmiechel who got quite a few from venturing forward, but there are others who do it far more regularly, mainly to take set-pieces, Rodrigo Ceni + Chilavert

Apart from those most famous last 2, are there any other goalies who are famous for scoring plenty of goals? I once heard that Hans-Jorg Butt used to take pens for Leverkusen, anymore? :p

2. silascou

silascou Premiership

6 July 2006
    Palmeiras
    Yes man, Butt take pks sometimes in Leverkusen... I knew a chilean keeper that were chilavert style but can't remember his name now.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser PES Enthusiast

3 July 2003
    Borusse
    There was a goalkeeper on loan to carlise a couple of years back he scored in injury time and kept them playing professional football Jimmy Glass was his name

"Probably the most dramatic goal ever scored by a goalkeeper was Jimmy Glass's effort for Carlisle United in May 1999 that saved the club from the ignominy of non-league football. [​IMG]With only ten seconds of the game remaining and with the scores level at 1-1, Glass netted from close range after his opposite number in the Plymouth Argyle goal had parried a header from a United corner. His goal secured Cumbria's last professional side's League status and sent Scarborough down instead. To add salt to the Yorkshire club's wounds, Glass was playing his last game for United having arrived on loan from Swindon Town only three weeks before.

http://goalkeepersaredifferent.com/keeper/goalscoring.htm

4. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    It's Rogerio Ceni mate.

Depor's backup Uruguayan keeper, Munúa is also capable of taking FK's and scored a couple I think when he was back in Nacional (Uruguay).

Antonio Prats (Former Betis GK) now with Mallorca is another one that I can remember taking FK's at times and being good at it too and scoring a couple at least.

5. OPM

OPM ... Staff

2 June 2003
    Budapest
  6. endione

endione Conference

21 January 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Juventus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAvo_8z2lys
    Luis Martinez's (colombian keeper) amazing goal from one penalty box to another, in a friendly against Poland :( for worse the keeper who let that goal in was Tomasz Kuszczak (WBA) who obviously had a bad day. [ but his save (of course not this) was selected the best in Premiership 05/06]

7. Doping

Doping Facemaker

20 September 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    SL Benfica
    Ricardo has taken a few penalties for Sporting I believe, only in friendlies though.

8. airjoca

airjoca International

29 July 2003
    Amadora, Portugal
    SL Benfica
    I think he took some at Boavista too.

9. Loz

Loz Non-League

4 June 2006
    jorge campos anyone?

10. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
  11. curswine

curswine Premiership

3 May 2004
    Fleetwood
  12. Valmir

Valmir Quality, not quantity

30 October 2005
    Reading, England
    Reading
    goddamnit I hate that PremiumTV commentator...

13. Big Boss

Big Boss KJH = The Hunter!

23 July 2003
    The Netherlands
    Ajax & Strasbourg
    Martin Piekenhagen from Heracles Almelo scored the equalizer against AZ last season from a corner in the last minute.

14. bebo

bebo Looking for a Manager

25 July 2005
    Arsenal Thread
    The Arsenal FC
    Last edited: 18 July 2006
  15. x_v1c7or_x

x_v1c7or_x ADRIANO, THE STRONGEST

5 May 2005
    São Paulo, Brazil
    São Paulo FC
  16. x_v1c7or_x

x_v1c7or_x ADRIANO, THE STRONGEST

5 May 2005
    São Paulo, Brazil
    São Paulo FC
  17. bebo

25 July 2005
    Arsenal Thread
    The Arsenal FC
    Last edited: 18 July 2006
  18. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
  19. SPiTFiRE

SPiTFiRE Eusébio forever

6 April 2004
    SL Benfica
  20. bebo

25 July 2005
    Arsenal Thread
    The Arsenal FC
  21. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    On the hype train
    Cunturipa!
    I remembrer Massimo Taibi (former ManU gk) scoring a goal during injury time against Udinese in 2001 (at least I think so, someone please correct me if I am wrong) when he was playing for Reggina..
    Also another Italian keeper, Rampulla, scored a header some years ago.. I think he was playing for Cremonese but I ain't sure..

the only one that I saw myself scoring more than a goal is Hans Butt that scored some penalties (I remember that goal of his against Juventus, too)

22. Joystick

Joystick Deep like Titanic

10 August 2004
    London
    The Arse
    Great thread :applause:

Didn't Schmiechel famously have an overhead kick disallowed? I never saw it...

23. robin_007

robin_007 Siem de Jong Fan

1 September 2005
    Holland
    AFC Ajax
    Van der Sar scored a penalty for Ajax once. But he missed one too.

24. 200_pesos

200_pesos Guille, no te olvidare!!!

1 July 2005
    New York, NY
    Boca Juniors, Legia
    Abbondanzieri scored Boca's winning penalty vs. Pumas in Sudamericana cup.

25. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    After 10 games or so in 1973, Alex Stepney was the top goalscorer at Man utd. He took the penalties. They got relegated that year

26. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    On the hype train
    Cunturipa!
    so I understand why a GK was their top goalscorer.. :roll: :lol: