Ghost Recon 2 : Summit Strike - XBOX

Re: Ghost Recon 2 - XBOX

Just ordered it off play as an early self christmas present. ;)

Probably wont get it until the new year, but I'll be in the action soon enough.

Finally got around to playing this over the last few nights and first let me say that I think the Multiplayer side of things is great, Tension filled games against Human opponents can only be a good thing.

But as for the Singleplayer stuff I have to say after only a couple of hours play I aint impressed at all - In my head I now basically see GR2 as 2 seperate games ..... a great game and a mediocre game the MP being the former.

It seems the online press have been very generous to the Game's SP with great reviews ... whereas the printed press seem to have picked up on the game's ability to do the MP brilliantly whilst leaving the SP wanting.

I used to play a little of the original GR on PC and I just couldn't believe how "scripted" and "linear" GR2's SP missions are thus far when compared with the "open approach" of the original Game.

I will leave you with a statement from the Magazine Gamepro which I feel sums up the SP side of things.

"Gone is the non-linear design of each mission. Each objective is now clearly marked one after another, eliminating secondary (optional) objectives and different ways of approaching a target, which were key and exciting components in the original Ghost Recon game."

Still superb as an MP Game though folks ;-)

I just got the game a couple weeks back, its great but I hate when your playing 1 player mode if you die you start all over again But the graphics are great.

IM STILL ON THIS BLOODY LEVEL :(

So will anyone be getting Ghost Recon 2 : Summit Strike? Or is everyone saving up for the XB360 now?

Had a quick go last night, seems to have had a spit and polish and new landscapes and missions, hit detection rate has been improved too, will be playing some more later, but overall it's a bargain at 15 quid, new Edge has a fiver off voucher in it to use in Game, or many online places have it at 15 quid.

Back
Top Bottom