GFX MOD 1.0 + New Turf Mod for FIFA 18

Chuny

-
11 December 2007
Coming soon...

YXv4rIN.png

I will upload more videos and screenshots with other presets soon.

Realase Date: Friday 27th.​

Two more videos showing another turf + more than 10 presets that will be included in the GFX MOD.
Watch the different presets and how the game changes.

(in this video I start switching between presets at around 4:21)

Last edited:
Am sorry guys but can I get some feedback here?

I do really hate when modders or makers ask for feedback because when people don't do it it clearly is because the mod isn't good or simply because it's not something they want.

But I would like to know which one is it in this case? Are the turfs not good enough? The Reshade presets aren't good enough? What is it?. Do you want it? You don't?.

I need to know so I can improve or simply ditch the project.

Thank you.

I think the colors look very washed out. By washed out I don't mean saturation but somehow the details are ruined.

I would love to see improvements on checkered circle mow pattern. The circular patters are barely visible on middle of the field. The current mow pattern looks good, but details are missing on the dark stripes unlike the white stripes. You could fiddle with the details on the dark patterns to make them look less smooth.

Also, reduce the contrast of the patterns a bit, just a bit.

Hey Chuny, I really really like number 9 and 7 on the first vid of your 26 april post. I think the pitch does the difference, in the others I don't go really crazy as it seems to me too that they lose some important details. Either way nice job!

I'm sorry for the lack of feedback but it's probably correlated to the little enthusiasm for Fifa 18 rather than the quality of your mod. I personally played just a bunch of games in Fifa 18 (always post patch) in the last 2-3 months and it just doesn't click no matter what. On the other hand I'm still largely enjoying your magnificent reshades of Fifa 16!

First of all, thanks to both of you fellas for your replies.

I think the colors look very washed out. By washed out I don't mean saturation but somehow the details are ruined.

I would love to see improvements on checkered circle mow pattern. The circular patters are barely visible on middle of the field. The current mow pattern looks good, but details are missing on the dark stripes unlike the white stripes. You could fiddle with the details on the dark patterns to make them look less smooth.

Also, reduce the contrast of the patterns a bit, just a bit.

Well...
The turfs mod pack contains about 10 different pitches. Most of them are just the large-horizontal type of mow patterns because, let's face it, that's what most stadiums look like nowadays. I haven't really seen a circled or a diagonal turf pattern for so many years in a real football match that it didn't make sense for me to waste time on those.

Here you can check 15 screenshots that I used to test the turfs. All at Old Trafford, at night, with no Reshade.
I think I only changed (improved) 1 or 2 after these screenshots for the final pack.
Also, the Mod contains a DB edit to set each turf to each Stadium ingame, depending on what the real life stadiums looks like. Tried to set the most similar one to each stadium.

0.png 1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png

Also, Sami: You have no idea how hard it is for FIFA to 'identify' the contrast of the mow patterns. In fact, this is the only scheme that works. Otherwise there's just no difference in the mow patterns. I don't know how to explain this properly. But if you don't use the same colors as FIFA default, then the pitch just looks plain, with no contrast at all. I think that happens because the mow pattern contrast is set from within the Stadium's 3D file. The lighting. So until we can't access those file, I won't be able to increase or decrease the contrast or color. That's why I did the 15 ReShade presets.

Hey Chuny, I really really like number 9 and 7 on the first vid of your 26 april post. I think the pitch does the difference, in the others I don't go really crazy as it seems to me too that they lose some important details. Either way nice job!

I'm sorry for the lack of feedback but it's probably correlated to the little enthusiasm for Fifa 18 rather than the quality of your mod. I personally played just a bunch of games in Fifa 18 (always post patch) in the last 2-3 months and it just doesn't click no matter what. On the other hand I'm still largely enjoying your magnificent reshades of Fifa 16!

Thanks to you too mate.
You are probably right.
I will upload new FIFA 16 reshade presets soon as well as a few turfs I created for it =)

Thanks to you too mate.
You are probably right.
I will upload new FIFA 16 reshade presets soon as well as a few turfs I created for it =)

Looking forward to it.. please give me a shout when you do!

Also, Sami: You have no idea how hard it is for FIFA to 'identify' the contrast of the mow patterns. In fact, this is the only scheme that works. Otherwise there's just no difference in the mow patterns. I don't know how to explain this properly. But if you don't use the same colors as FIFA default, then the pitch just looks plain, with no contrast at all. I think that happens because the mow pattern contrast is set from within the Stadium's 3D file. The lighting. So until we can't access those file, I won't be able to increase or decrease the contrast or color. That's why I did the 15 ReShade presets.

Trust me, I know.

This issue was there since FiFA 09. You can't just increase the contrast and be done. You gotta set contrast for each color channel separately. Mow patterns are normal maps, so yeah, the colors have to be accurate.

Good try of changing turf pattern (the only available textures to amend turf's colour this year so far), but it is way tooooo dark mate. Try to balance it with ReShade/SweetFX as by its decent adjustment you can get quite good results. I played with it for a long time either and the effects I've got are here :

Day/Clear example :

3.jpg

By night:

FIFA18_2018_02_05_17_05_51_29.jpg

FIFA18_2018_02_05_17_06_58_66.jpg

FIFA18_2018_02_05_17_09_20_16.jpg

FIFA18_2018_02_05_17_10_34_94.jpg

And it is a connection of turf pattern colour changing + ReShade effect I played with for more than 10 hours in total to get the best possible result. You may go for even brighter effect, but it's going to be similiar to that what you have got in your first posts where the colours became homogeneous, flat and dull.

It does not look good at all. We all want to focus on turf colour while adjusting effects, but we have to take into consideration that different aspects of the graphics are changed either. So that's why the good colours balance is needed though.

Unfortunately the lighting is one of the worst things on FIFA this year (even day/clear which in most cases in previous FIFAs was great).

Also, what makes the night lighting better is turning FORCE_REGIONALIZATION_COLOR=0 off. It's a must to get something similar to what I've shown above.

Good try of changing turf pattern (the only available textures to amend turf's colour this year so far), but it is way tooooo dark mate. Try to balance it with ReShade/SweetFX as by its decent adjustment you can get quite good results. I played with it for a long time either and the effects I've got are here :

Day/Clear example :

3.jpg

By night:

FIFA18_2018_02_05_17_05_51_29.jpg

FIFA18_2018_02_05_17_06_58_66.jpg

FIFA18_2018_02_05_17_09_20_16.jpg

FIFA18_2018_02_05_17_10_34_94.jpg

And it is a connection of turf pattern colour changing + ReShade effect I played with for more than 10 hours in total to get the best possible result. You may go for even brighter effect, but it's going to be similiar to that what you have got in your first posts where the colours became homogeneous, flat and dull.

It does not look good at all. We all want to focus on turf colour while adjusting effects, but we have to take into consideration that different aspects of the graphics are changed either. So that's why the good colours balance is needed though.

Unfortunately the lighting is one of the worst things on FIFA this year (even day/clear which in most cases in previous FIFAs was great).

Also, what makes the night lighting better is turning FORCE_REGIONALIZATION_COLOR=0 off. It's a must to get something similar to what I've shown above.

Thanks for the advices mate.
As you probably won't know I'm kind of a Reshade freak, and been creating 100+ presets since 2013.
I understand what you say about natural colors but I don't really like the screenshots you posted. Look washed out.

I'm trying to achieve real life broadcasting styles like this:

mH2gBV0 (Custom).png vKGLdhn (Custom).jpg MJxnv59S_o (Custom).jpg 8 (2) (Custom).jpg mancity_sky_1 (Custom).jpg PuCCdiu (Custom).jpg

See? These images are unedited. Straight from live broadcasts.
Colors are a lot more vibrant and defined. There's a lot more contrast.
That's what I'm aiming for.

Trust me, I know.

This issue was there since FiFA 09. You can't just increase the contrast and be done. You gotta set contrast for each color channel separately. Mow patterns are normal maps, so yeah, the colors have to be accurate.

Yeah.
I have the suspicion that they have some kind of tool or plugin to convert them to normal maps though.
I mean, I highly doubt both Konami AND EA create their turf/mow patterns with blue and magenta colors. I'm sure they create it with actual green-yellowish colors and then use that plugin or tool to convert them in a way the Engine understands what to do. But unfortunately, we must create them and it's kinda trial and error.

Mods/Admins could you please delete this thread?
I would like to start fresh, from 0, with the download link.

Before it gets deleted - did you try Marty McFly's version of SweetFx/Reshade combo? Main file "MasterEffect.h" has lot more settings to play with, it is pretty good.

https://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/161-mastereffect-reborn-official-thread

Yeah mate. I actually was the first to use MasterEffects for FIFA/PES in 2016. As you can see, that project has been stopped a long time ago already and has been replaced by ReShade which combines the best from SweetFX and MasterEffect.
Thanks for the feedback still.

Yeah mate. I actually was the first to use MasterEffects for FIFA/PES in 2016. As you can see, that project has been stopped a long time ago already and has been replaced by ReShade which combines the best from SweetFX and MasterEffect.
Thanks for the feedback still.
Cool as! I glanced when I saw your mod but did not know you used it. And since I got my simple stuff set with Master Effects and looks good to me I do not download graphic mods much. So now I must check out your settings :D

Back
Top Bottom