Getting PS3 game data onto PC

Panthera1

Championship
4 February 2004
Not sure where to post this but anyway

This might already be known but i tought id post it anyways and hope it can be some help

Was tryin to find a way to get the pes 2008 game data that gets saved on the ps3 hdd onto my pc and stumbled accross an a web site that was on about backing up what was on the ps3 hdd to an external hdd. What i done was try to back it up onto a 2g memory stick it said i needed 800 more mb, so that got me thinking and i deleted other game data and some music untill all i had was my game saves and the pes 2008 game data then went to SYSTEM SETTINGS, BACKUP UTILITY, BACK UP, then choose to backup to a different to another storage device(you will get asked the question where to back up). Then select the destination (your memory stick(2gb at least) or external hdd)then it will prepare the device and tell you if more space is needed. if there is enought space for it on your storage device it will back up the game data. When this is done insert memory stick into pc and open folder PS3\EXPORT\BACKUP\200710311502 and in this file you should find a file called archive that is roughly 1.85 gb which is around the size of the pes 2008 game data.

the problem now is i dont know how to open up the file to see what is in it(but due to the size i am 99% that this is the pes 2008 gamedata) and do not now how to make tools on how to do this(My proramming is very basic). I just tought this might be of help to anybody that could. Anybody have any ideas or know if anybody is working on this allready.

I think that has potential. I'm sure someone can figure out how to open. If it can be patched or not is probably a different story.

I think the theory here works well. Aside from that I wondered why the option was to install it on your HDD at all. If it is just to speed up play, its pretty shoddy that they released it knowingly with some problems. Anyway I know its been mentioned before, but if someone can tap into the PS3 HDD and use a PC to access the data, surley we have the potential to see PC style patches and option files. Maybe I'm just a dreamer.

And if I had the capability to do this I would, but unfortunatley I'm verging on retarted when it comes to computers. I'll try and help though.

Side note: loving the new pro on HD TV, no problems whatsoever, love the gamplay, online is okay, still got that feeling of being screwed out of every game i lose! Just hate the patching capabilities. Cheers

Yeah, I was thinking along these lines when I first heard that they were gonna make it so the data could be installed on the HDD. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this, I'll try a few different things when I eventually get the game (still waiting over here in Aus :P)

Back
Top Bottom