getting FIFA 09 delivered on release day

no-one uses play.com anymore. I always at least get it on the day of release, but I can wait until then anyway.
I always used to use Play.com, but their service has gradually got worse and worse - late deliveries, wrong deliveries and high prices (they used to be cheap).

ShopTo still says "Stock Due In", I presume that will change tomorrow though, if I don't get it on Friday then I will use other sites for future preorders.

slightly off topic, but i ordered the shrek trilogy from play.com, said it was dispatched on 20th sept and it still hasn't turned up...phoned play.com yesterday and they said they cannot do anything until 21 days are up...if it's still missing then, they can either issue a replacement or a full refund

i'm not too fussed because i'm putting it aside for xmas for the kids but imagine if that was your copy of fifa 2009

dirty bastards

A notice on the ShopTo site:

"Dear Customer,
Our payment company are currently experiencing problems, these should be resolved soon. Our sincere apologies if you're unable to make payment."

That better not fuck up our orders and mean we get them late :-ll.

Is it possible any of them would deliver on Thursday?

I got Too Human and Star Wars : The Force Unleashed both on Thursday of release week from Game, but I had orders in very early, probably too late now for a guarrenteed delivery on Thursday.

Thanks lad.:DD:TU:

I got Too Human and Star Wars : The Force Unleashed both on Thursday of release week from Game, but I had orders in very early, probably too late now for a guarrenteed delivery on Thursday.

Ordered it of Game.co.uk earlier, not too worried if I don't recieve it on Thursday now, can just wait till Friday.:DD

I just prefer getting my ass up from the chair, walk down to the nearest gamestore, preorder it, and then wait until release.

On the time of release I go to the shop, tell them I have a preorder for the game, they hand it over the desk and I give them the money. WOW! I got the game on release day. Much easier, that sitting biting your nails, looking out the window every second that passes by and you can't take a piss or make a dump, because: what if the postman rings your doorbell, and you have paper up your arse. Then you run out with paper stuck in your arse, and the pants below your knees, only to find a moaning postman giving you a package, that contains a years supply of Tampax for your momma.

Damn, I hate ordering games online :((

Last edited:
:lol: I'll not be like that.

I could of run down into the City Centre on Friday, but might as well order it as I live outside of Belfast.

I just prefer getting my ass up from the chair, walk down to the nearest gamestore, preorder it, and then wait until release.

On the time of release I go to the shop, tell them I have a preorder for the game, they hand it over the desk and I give them the money. WOW! I got the game on release day. Much easier, that sitting biting your nails, looking out the window every second that passes by and you can't take a piss or make a dump, because: what if the postman rings your doorbell, and you have paper up your arse. Then you run out with paper stuck in your arse, and the pants below your knees, only to find a moaning postman giving you a package, that contains a years supply of Tampax for your momma.

Damn, I hate ordering games online :((

The man has a point.

Just checked my Gameplay.co.uk account and they dispatched the game yesterday. Might get it today, but more likely tomorrow as I think it got dispatched last night.

I've ordered it off Game, found a £3 off voucher n had a fivers worth of points...cash back!

I'm not fussed about it coming 2morrow cos i'm at City/Omonia at night so won't get chance to play. I'm assuming it'll just get rammed through my letter box somepoint Friday n i'll gleefully open it, accompanied by a 6 pack of lager.

^ me too. confirmation email.
at least i'll be getting it a week+ earlier than most of my 'bredrin' here in norcal.

Well, my mistake perhaps for choosing Argos pre-order but I emailed them asking for the correct delivery date from them, and they haven't even located my order in the system, nor billed us for it! So fuck Argoose and their stupid haircuts. I'm off round town later.

Back
Top Bottom