Gerd-Lance Armstrong, comment please

joostebrood said:
It's time someone tells Thomas the truth. Admins, can I have the permission to go all out on Thomas for a few hours? I mean insulting him till the bone?

I'd love to tell you to unleash hell (and as it turns out, I'm actually a mod of this specific forum)... but as you know not everyone appreciates you rapier wit as I do and you'd likely get heat from other mods for an assault on Thomas.

Just because you think he's crazy (and he may well be, what the hell do I know) doesn't its all gloves are off. I say just use your regular "charm" and lay in to whomever you want... just keep it within reason.

Stan said:
Allright lets be totally honest.
Of course Armstrong got all kinds of forbidden substances.
In roughly the same period as Armstrong (a litle bit ealier) i had the same kind of cancer as Armstrong. I also got a treatment with all kinds of forbidden substances. But not the same substances Armstrong got: Epo, growing hormons (groeihormonen in Dutch) and the other ones...

Source: former team mate under oath before a court in Dallas according to French news paper "Le Monde" (one of the best news papers in the world, but they can make mistakes too).

The fact that Arsmtrong took illegal drugs is not very special, what i said is that every bloody good cyclist takes illegal drugs, including the French (not so good) professional cyclists.

At this moments one of my former colleagues is judged in Bordeaux in what is called in France "l'affaire de Cahors".
This man (Freddy Sergant) sold a cocktail of amfetamines, cocain and heroin...need i say more????
was lance competing while he had cancer? Did those drugs save his life? Do you know if he continued taking those drugs after he was cured?

answers

1. no
2. yes
3. no

Chris, Armstrong took drugs. The whole damn peloton takes it. The problem is that no one of teh active riders admits it, so ex riders always get ignored for being spiteful or whatever. But it's a common fact, the whole sport is polluted to the bone.

What is all this "to the bone" stuff Joost? That's the second time now you've mentioned it, til the bone and to the bone.

Thomas this is appauling, Armstrong didn't take the drugs.

I don't know actually. Why did I say that? Now that you mention it. I guess I feel a lot of sympathy for bones in general and this thread makes me want to show that to you people.

Yes Chris, i know...of last years top ten in the Tour de France, Lance Armstrong is the only one where there was never a proof concerning illegal substances.
Your conclusion: he's a super champion.
My conclusion: he takes drugs like every other professional rider.

About my previous post: i was wrong.
This has somtehing to do with an inssurancy claim. Frankie Andreu and his missus claim to have heard a conversation between Armstrong and the doctor who treated him for his cancer. The standard procedure is that doctors ask you which "drugs" (legal or illegal) you have taken in the past. Andreu claimls to have heard that Armstrong answered that he took epo, growing hormones, ... i don't beliee this story. So i got my facts totally wrong, this proves nothing.

But as you know, i know that Lance took drugs...

I thought something was wrong with this guy. And yes, it seems that Floyd Landis took drugs for his crazy win.

A new test has to be made but me and my bro, who practised this sport during a long time, stopped because of "fake heroes".

That was the 1st year that I didn't watch "Le Tour de France"... :(:(:(

tuta77 said:
I thought something was wrong with this guy. And yes, it seems that Floyd Landis took drugs for his crazy win.

A new test has to be made but me and my bro, who practised this sport during a long time, stopped because of "fake heroes".

That was the 1st year that I didn't watch "Le Tour de France"... :(:(:(

Too bad he had to cheat (If he "really" did, I suppose there will be a retest process) because it was a pretty cool story and a nice win.

Still though, I absolutely can't stand cheaters. Screw 'em.

Back
Top Bottom