Gamespot gives PES2008 6/10.

Im just happy I did not fork out a grand (I live in Australia) for the ps3, because I was originally going to buy it just for this...but theyve managed to turn a pretty good game with all its superficial flaws into a hunk of junk

I'm at pains to say it but I agree with the score.
Gameplay is still strong, and if you play on the PS3 with the standard camera its fully playable.
But the game is fundementally broken in other areas and should not have been released unfinished.
Wondered why they took so long to post their review, but fair play to Gamespot for calling it right.
IGN - questions over your integrity on your review.

And what do we all think about this quote from the review:

It's also worth noting the online registration process, which locks your copy of the game to your Konami account for online play. This means that if you ever want to sell your copy of the game, the next person will be unable to play online unless he or she has your registration details.

It seems the list of 'bad moves' made by Konami gets bigger...

I agree completely with this review. If the game is not fixed soon I am going to take it back as faulty. Maybe we should start a class action lawsuit against Konami, I am sure it is illegal to knowingly sell broken products.

I feel sorry for the next sucker that picks my returned copy off the shelf, as they wont be able to play online by the looks of it.

And what do we all think about this quote from the review:

Quote:
It's also worth noting the online registration process, which locks your copy of the game to your Konami account for online play. This means that if you ever want to sell your copy of the game, the next person will be unable to play online unless he or she has your registration details.

It seems the list of 'bad moves' made by Konami gets bigger...

Although it's hard to believe, it seems that Konami have spent more time on placing restrictions and limitations on the game (e.g. registration lock, fewer multi player options, fewer editing options ... etc.) than on improving it.

Why, for goodness sake?

The editing is a classic example.

Considering that Konami don't have the necessary team and player licences, what on earth possessed them to reduce the editing capabilities in the game (only 8 scanned kits, no badge editing, no boot editing, etc., etc.) Have they gone completely mad!

Extensive option file editing was the lifeline for PES - the only way it could compete with FIFA in this respect.

This could have been such a good game.

I think Konami just wants to make money. If they create the perfect game now, they wont have anything much to improve on next year. So there u go, they are themselves screwing up, so that next year they can say: "look NEW editing options ". and etc, etc.

Back
Top Bottom