Gamespot.com PES 2009 PS3 Review

I love this quote: "Become a Legend is a novel but rather boring take on the standard game. You spend most of the time running around off the ball, ....while forwards will have to help score goals." Oh no! :SHOCK: What a chore for a forward! Why can't they just stand there and look pretty!?

This quote was just plain weird: "Unlike the similar Be a Pro mode in FIFA 09, there's no incentive for actually performing your job on the pitch"

I love this quote: "Become a Legend is a novel but rather boring take on the standard game. You spend most of the time running around off the ball, ....while forwards will have to help score goals." Oh no! :SHOCK: What a chore for a forward! Why can't they just stand there and look pretty!?

This quote was just plain weird: "Unlike the similar Be a Pro mode in FIFA 09, there's no incentive for actually performing your job on the pitch"

U R RIGHT! to me, it's fun to get myself "in position over and over again", to make that 1 goal or cool pass (on ps2). i think the writer never played soccer, or maybe he's from canada and working for EA. :P ...i never got it, why are people from canada creating a soccer game!? :P and yes, japan got more soccer-culture than canada!

Last edited:
U R RIGHT! to me, it's fun to get myself "in position over and over again", to make that 1 goal or cool pass (on ps2). i think the writer never played soccer, or maybe he's from canada and working for EA. ...i never got it, why are people from canada creating a soccer game!? and yes, japan got more soccer-culture than canada!

that sounds rather racist. Also the FIFA team is full of different nationality's.

I dont care where the game is developed!

I can't see a single thing that was racist about that post.

When you're talking about football culture, Canada would be at the bottom of the list (if it was even on the list....)

I can't see a single thing that was racist about that post.

When you're talking about football culture, Canada would be at the bottom of the list (if it was even on the list....)
I kind of understand why kobashi thinks it's racist. But i don't think that was PRO_TOO intention; he never articulated what he was trying to say properly.

But i agree with you on that football culture point. lol

I kind of understand why kobashi thinks it's racist. But i don't think that was PRO_TOO intention; he never articulated what he was trying to say properly.

But i agree with you on that football culture point. lol

yeah reading something in text can sometimes give you the wrong impression.. :)

Well I thought the critic and user score is closer to the mark. I think BAL gives you a better representation of how it is to play in a team than Be A Plonker does with it's ridiculous things to do in the game.

EA strive to make a simulation then kill it by askin you to pass the ball 50 times. If yu play 4min halves thats some task and makes the game really unrealistic imo.

I do understand that the game has rested on it's laurels and they do need to move the series on, but for PES players theres diamonds to find in the coal, it just aint a game to turn heads and bring in new fans to the series.

The problem with PES is not only the fact that they(KONAMI) are complacent with what they achieved, its also the lack of continuity. Plenty of good features from the previous games are taken out in newer versions.

I can fully agree with gamespot's review. Come on.. you PES Fans don't you all feel disappointed witht he lack of improvement? I fully anticipated the game so much but at the end of the day, it's NOTHING NEW at all for the gameplay. Simple and disgusting graphics, TORTOISE slow online game that makes online play impossible, and also the lack of basic squad latest update. I'm utterly disappointed by PES and I won't expect much more from them ANYMORE!

I dont think the reviewer has played a fair amount of fifa and pes to do justice on his reviews. What he said was merely a features breakdown.

what is entirely missing is truly an in-dept review of both games from the gameplay to minor details.

i have played fifa 09 a lot since it was released and find no joy & happiness nicking in the goals anymore. They are too repetitive. a lot of my shots just love to hit the post with my manual shooting config.
If someone tell me that the kits looked great and the 3d modeling of the players FIFA is great, the fellow deserves a shot up his eyes.

Too much to be said, but will try to write a full detail review once i am done with PES.

To each his own.

I like the Video Review for the way it highlights the funny sprinting animation. The first time I played the PES09 demo, I and my friend laughed at the animation for an hour or more. That was the most fun we've had from the demo. There are other fun features that we also had a laugh about, e.g. the easy yellow/red cards, keepers that only move back from the edge of the box precisely when opponent cross the half-way line, and their inability to catch decent shots. However, the sprinting animation remains the most entertaining of all. The hunchback stance looks like a gamer holding a controller. :D

Back
Top Bottom