Games of 2008

7 August 2004
Liverpool
Thought I would start a thread where everbody can list the games they are looking forward to for each platform. TeamXbox has started a preview list of games for each genre. Hopefully we'll find out some unknows by doing it.

Shooters:
http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/2119/Most-Anticipated-FirstPerson-Shooters-of-2008/p1

RPG's:
http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/2120/Most-Anticipated-RPGs-of-2008/p1/

Action:
http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/2125/Most-Anticipated-Action-Games-of-2008/p1/

Anyway the games Im looking forward to are (360):

GTA4
Alan Wake
Burnout P (will be giving the demo a go next week)
Fallout3
Fifa/Pes
Turning Point: FOL
“Project Offset”
Silent Hill 5

So what are yours?

Burnout Paradise, Rock Band, Alan Wake, GTA IV, FIFA 09. Those are the ones that spring to mind.

Burnout Paradise, Rock Band, Alan Wake, GTA IV, FIFA 09. Those are the ones that spring to mind.

Add Silent Hill 5 and I'm set :) Any sports games that 2k Sports do (if they release them over in Europe) are purchases for me too.

Anything with zombies in doesn't make my list. Blergh.

Three things I do not want to see in games next year (or ever again): WWII, zombies, aliens. In that order.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head...

Burnout Paradise
GTA 4
LittleBigPlanet
Mercs 2
TNA Impact
Echochrome
Killzone 2
MGS4

All xbox 360:
FIFA 09
PES 2009
NHL 09
NHL 2k9
GTA 4
Alan Wake
Burnout Paradise
Rock Band
R6V 2
Saints Row 2

PES 2009 will b teh best foootball gme eva u n00bz!!11111 lol

will ronaldo have untucked shirt post faces lol!!11

Doesn't matter, as long as the nets sag like hell and they don't remove the laser accurate short passing when squaring across goal everyone's bound to be happy....right? lol

Waiting for:
MGS4
GTAIV
LITTLE BIG PLANET
FIFA 09

and PSYCHONAUTS 2, even if it's not being developed, but I would buy it even if it is non-existant.

Well, I really really hope there come some suprises that break the current formulas, and I don't loose the faith in having great Graphic Adventures again (old days of maniac mansion, indy and later on Gabriel Knight and The last express...).

I will gladly subscribe your list, JB:
- No WWII
- No Zombies
- No Aliens

Oh, and I don't want to save the world again. I've done it too many times and I'm tired. Look for someone else, not me again!

Here comes my wish list of a next-gen game:
- No killing or shooting as the main task to do in the game
- Having the possibility to customize the game (ala Little big planet or even have the game play with personal photos, audios, etc... Like having to supply your favourite song into the game, personal details and afterwards found all this mixed into the plot)
- Non-linear plots
- Co-op playing
- Clever dialogues and characters

I think the whole "PS3 doesnt have games" is pretty much a myth 2008 is looking like theirs tones of games here's my list for PS3

FIFA 09/PES 09
GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE
GRAND THEFT AUTO 4
PROTOTYPE
METAL GEAR SOLID 4
THE OUTSIDER
THE GETAWAY 3
LITTLE BIG PLANET
TEKKEN 6
KILLZONE 2

and thats without some other big title's that im not really into :)

I think the whole "PS3 doesnt have games" is pretty much a myth 2008 is looking like theirs tones of games here's my list for PS3

FIFA 09/PES 09
GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE
GRAND THEFT AUTO 4
PROTOTYPE
METAL GEAR SOLID 4
THE OUTSIDER
THE GETAWAY 3
LITTLE BIG PLANET
TEKKEN 6
KILLZONE 2

there are go games now, i dont think that is a myth... when these games come out then you have a point

FIFA 09/PES 09
GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE
GRAND THEFT AUTO 4
PROTOTYPE
METAL GEAR SOLID 4
THE OUTSIDER
THE GETAWAY 3
LITTLE BIG PLANET
TEKKEN 6
KILLZONE 2

Always in the future!

Anyway, is God of War 3 due next year for PS3? If soo!!!! I might get one

Most of all:

Football Manager Live

But also:

PES2009
Litle Big Planet
SSX4 (????)

and the next gen racing game by Codmeasters (basically nextgen TOCA)

FIFA 09/PES 09
GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE
GRAND THEFT AUTO 4
PROTOTYPE
METAL GEAR SOLID 4
THE OUTSIDER
THE GETAWAY 3
LITTLE BIG PLANET
TEKKEN 6
KILLZONE 2

half of those games are comming out on the xbox 360 though

FIFA 09/PES 09
GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE
GRAND THEFT AUTO 4
PROTOTYPE
METAL GEAR SOLID 4
THE OUTSIDER
THE GETAWAY 3
LITTLE BIG PLANET
TEKKEN 6
KILLZONE 2

Very true but you missed out burnout paradise, the burnout paradise demo is great and offtopic: what do u think of this picture i drew
link:
http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gerrardbymartintv6.jpg

Last edited:
Its alright mate, he has got a PS3 leave him to it ;) As long as he is happy and ThomasGoal is happy with his Family of PS3's there should be no problem.....

I actually dont have a PS3 ;) but will get one 360 is in its peak right now, people forget that compared to PS3 which came out last year

I actually dont have a PS3 ;) but will get one 360 is in its peak right now, people forget that compared to PS3 which came out last year

in the 360's first year it did better then ps3. it had a killer game called GOW one year from when the 360 was released. where is the killer game for the ps3? ahh yes its comming soon. i think i have heard that 1000 times already. its a shame that half the killer games comming out soon on th ps3 are also on its way to the 360. only way ps3 is gunna catch up on the 360 is if 360 stopped making quality games period :)

Back
Top Bottom