Game of Thrones: A Telltale game

Review

Premiership
7 October 2012
Character Names and Bios

"Gared was raised on stories of heroism about the likes of Arthur Dayne and Symeon Star-Eyes. Though the son of a pig farmer, he has always aspired to one day become a warrior himself. With the help of his uncle Duncan, who had risen from lowborn origins to become Castellan of Ironrath, Gared found work in Lord Forrester’s stables, rising through the ranks to eventually be named his squire. Gared has served Lord Forrester throughout the long months in King Robb’s army, and is ready to be a warrior in his own right.”

Lord Gregor Forrester, the Lord of Ironrath, is lord of a strong Northern House and a bannerman of House Glover, who are in turn loyal to the great house of the north – the Starks.

•Lady Elissa Forrester, Lord Forrester's Wife, was born to House Branfield, a minor Southron House that was destroyed when the Targaryen dynasty fell.

•Asher Forrester, Exiled Son of Lord Forrester, had always been a rebellious youth – brawling in taverns, sleeping with whores, and finding ways to raise his father’s ire.

•Rodrik Forrester, Lord Forrester's First Born Son, took up arms against the Lannisters and is now feared by their soldiers.

•Maester Ortengryn, Maester to House Forrester, studied at the Citadel in the hope of being assigned to the Eyrie.

•Malcolm Branfield, Lady Forrester's Brother, was the black sheep of the Branfield family.

•Mira Forrester, Lord Forrester's Eldest Daughter, had always been fond of Ironrath, but Lady Forrester -- wanting her eldest daughter to learn the ways of a Southron court -- arranged for Mira to serve as a handmaiden to Margaery Tyrell.

•Talia Forrester, Lord Forrester's Youngest Daughter, was named after her own mother.

•Ethan Forrester, Lord Forrester's Third-Born Son, has a great love for the towering trees of Ironrath.

•Ryon Forrester, Lord Forrester's Fourth-Born Son, has grown up with fewer responsibilities than his siblings.

•Royland Degore, Ironrath's Master-at-Arms, joined Lord Forrester’s army after his family was wiped out by Ironborn during Balon Greyjoy’s rebellion.

•Duncan Tuttle, Castellan of Ironrath, struck up an unlikely friendship with Gregor Forrester, the heir to House Forrester, when he was a boy.

Character Pics

Family-Week-Gared-720x405.jpg

GoTAsherForrester-610.jpg

Family-Week-Royland.0.jpg

B26EHZcCcAAuMS2.jpg

Game of Thrones TV show cast members will reprise their roles for the game. In addition to those listed below, more cast members will show up in following episodes.

•Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey)
•Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage)
•Margaery Tyrell (Natalie Dormer)
•Ramsay Snow (Iwan Rheon)

Have to admit this has me.

I've still not got into TWD S2, probably start that in the coming weeks, the first one was superb.

Don't think I'll bother with the Wolf Among Us, although if I get a silly price deal then maybe, but I played the trial and it hasn't grabbed me, so don't think I'll bother.

However GOT, that I will love.

FD

Skipped to the end of one review and

Positives were

+Original characters
+Good writing
+Big implications
+Great ending

Negatives

– Glitch animations

Ya, that is where i got the pos and negs. Didn`t read the essay. At the end of the day the only review that matters is that of the consumer.

Brillant fecking first episode. Action packed right from the start. The characters from the show are integrated perfectly in the game with the new ones. I'm almost positive that I will play eps 1 over as I did not like the results of my choices. I'm just worried it's going to overwrite my old save rather than create a new one.

When I buy Game of Thrones: A Telltale game did I get all episodes (the full game) for 30 bucks (so later downloads are for free?) or do I have to buy every single episode for 30 something bucks? I'm a huge fan of the books and I really like what I see so far.

Edit: Ah, never mind. Just saw it at the ps-shop... it is a season pass. Nice. :)

Last edited:
Ya, it's a season pass. The wait for the next eps sucks for ppl who have no other games or interests to keep them occupied.

I think so. I even catch myself already being annoyed do to the fact that Ep.1 is not yet available for me via psn strore (ps3). Kind of sucks. I hope they will update the shop over the next hours... :-/

So, I'm still not able to download the first episode. Bought the season pass, but when I press download the loading screen appears for a couple of seconds but nothing happens and "Iron from Ice" don't show up in the download list either. Was the release of the PS3 version just delayed or is something just terrible wrong?

Seems to be that I'm not the only person with this problem and there are a couple of threads at the telltale forum. A stuff member signalized that they are aware of the problem and work on it asap.

Episode 3 is out now. Finally something worth downloading and playing.

Grabbed this up, played through 1st episode, very enjoyable.

Trying to think how the tv series works, as no-one can seem to be trusted and there seems a whole load of decisions to make.

I'm guessing it's going to get very messy as the story proceeds.

I fkn hate that little Bolton shit, both in the tv series and already after Episode 1.

FD

It's pretty good. Tales from the Bordeland blows it completely away though. If you ask Drekk he will tell you the exact same thing

Hmmm, never fancied Borderlands the game, so not sure if the attraction would be there tbh. Whilst TWD and GOT I can associate with.

It was like the Wolf (whatever it is) one, which I tried and just didn't like.

FD

It's pretty good. Tales from the Bordeland blows it completely away though. If you ask Drekk he will tell you the exact same thing

Totally agree!!! As a fan of GOT, both are very good, but strictly as a game, Borderlands is much better and very very fun!

Really enjoying this so far, just onto Episode 3 so will see how that goes.

I'm getting a bad feeling that it's going to get pretty messy real soon.

Back
Top Bottom