Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

The gameplay is what seals it for me, mate. The way that you move, the way that you have to direct your passes and your shots. In PES, if you press pass, it perfectly directs and weights the pass for you (unless you're playing the CPU and it has to fuck them up so that you lose). In UEFA, there is a "passing assist" bar, and you can turn this to zero and direct everything yourself. There's nothing better than directing a 40-yard pass to perfection and thinking "I did that, the CPU didn't do it for me", and then scoring a goal in the bottom corner because you aimed it there and slammed it in, with no help.

The Champions League mode is actually really good, and will last you until PES7/FIFA 08 is out (the CPU on World Class is really hard - unless you're one of those people who can beat every computer game out there with next-to-no effort, which I'm sad to say I'm not). There's a Challenge mode as well (2-1 down with five minutes to go, that kind of thing), there's the start-with-a-crap-team career mode... Put it like this, it's lasted me since it's release, and I will still be playing it until the new games are out.

Is your 360 online? If so then grab the demo, if not then you could rent it from Blockbuster for a few days. Of course, not everyone likes it (you'll find tons of them on here, being a PES board), but all of the people I know who have played PES and then played UEFA have stuck to UEFA ever since - apart from one guy who likes the cutback glitch with PES6 and loves winning.

I'm a huge PES/WE fan. BUT, i'm a football maniac. Therefore, whatever game gives me realistic football experience i'm with it. Thanks mate, now i'll definitely get the game. Impressed me with the "passing assist" part. I like to play my games like i'm playing real football. Alright i'm on my way to buy me one. :D

:) Give it time though (and ignore the fanboys) - when you switch the passing assist off it's really, really hard until you get used to it. I can ping the ball about as if the assist is on now, but it took me a week or two to adapt.

A few people have said that now, PES is more fun to a lot of people, but UEFA is actually the more realistic game, and I agree with that. It's like they've changed places, PES is the arcade game and FIFA is the simulation. With all of the assists off it's so realistic, you can overcook passes, you can totally miss headers, and when you watch the replays it's a joy to see how the players move. Players bump together, trip over eachother (including tripping over your own teammate if you're clumsy - I had a game with a mate the other week and he actually tackled me, his teammate, and won the ball, it was a hell of a tackle!!), and when you let rip with a screamer, you can see how it's a screamer - with the way that the leg is pulled back and thrust at the ball like a rocket.

It's a shame that it's limited to CL teams and CL competitions, but even as a taster of what next-gen is actually capable of (the graphics and the engine), it's so exciting.

Last edited:
:) Give it time though (and ignore the fanboys) - when you switch the passing assist off it's really, really hard until you get used to it. I can ping the ball about as if the assist is on now, but it took me a week or two to adapt.

A few people have said that now, PES is more fun to a lot of people, but UEFA is actually the more realistic game, and I agree with that. It's like they've changed places, PES is the arcade game and FIFA is the simulation. With all of the assists off it's so realistic, you can overcook passes, you can totally miss headers, and when you watch the replays it's a joy to see how the players move. Players bump together, trip over eachother (including tripping over your own teammate if you're clumsy - I had a game with a mate the other week and he actually tackled me, his teammate, and won the ball, it was a hell of a tackle!!), and when you let rip with a screamer, you can see how it's a screamer - with the way that the leg is pulled back and thrust at the ball like a rocket.

It's a shame that it's limited to CL teams and CL competitions, but even as a taster of what next-gen is actually capable of (the graphics and the engine), it's so exciting.

I'll definitely give you feedback after i get my hands on it. I don't have a prob with getting used to the passing assist turned off, that alone is a challenge. This should be some sweet experience. :)

Ah, okay. Explanation time then.

Firstly, I'm not Japanese and don't work for konnami. Never have been and never will. I had to come up with a believable persona for the fake

Now it seems its my turn to hold my hand up and say "Sorry guys", so "Sorry guys!"

SORRY!especially to Jack Bauer.

Dude, good of you to post a measured apology. Others may have just run away!! You know how passionate the Pro Evo community is, so it was cruel to play with us and string it out over several fakes pics!

If that just took you a few minutes, then you are clearly quite skilled to mock it up so quickly. hows about sharing yhour skills with the community when we can mod the game and doing wallpapers, kits etc for us all! :)
Anyway dont give us all palpitations again. Our nerves are all already frayed by KOnami.

Wow, this thread has almost made it to 2 years old! I think I posted on it in the first 5 pages back in 2005. Guess it just goes to show the anticipation for this PS3 version has been going strong from long before the PS3 was even released.

I did not pick up a copy of PES6 for PS2 (yep avoided the X360 like the plague) and took a year off playing our beloved game. But I am intrigued by the International Challenge mode where you get to go through qualifiers and eventually play the world cup tourney. You guys think this feature will appear again in PES 2008?

Oh and while I'm here... Australia for Asian Cup Champs 2007!

You guys need a hell of a lot... First of all it was "he's loaded up a fake picture onto the TV", then it was "wrong angles", now he's posted an in-game shot and it's still "obviously fake".

Maybe I'm too trusting but I think it's real. If you were going to do a fake you'd do one, you wouldn't go through the trouble of making an in-game fake as well.

Tukasann, can you give any information about the gameplay?
You are too trusting fake all the way

To developers(if u can see this):

pls try to improve the amt of license! the reason why nobody buys the original is because NOBODY PLAYS THE ORIGINAL!!!

dunch u get it????????
we want accurate and correct names,kits!! this 2 vv important!

if u cant do that, at least add in a powerful edit tool inside the game!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom