Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

Sounds like a good feature to me, have wanted the booing of playing going back to their old clubs for a while. Hopefully these type of things will be on top of improved gameplay.

total bs.....this is al unofficial,and we al know konami wont let shit out about there games until the month the rls date it.

the crowd booing at players is a feature that doesnt impress me at all.
cmon guys, we are awaiting the ps3 version of the best footie video game on the planet.
they better come up with real gameplay improvements using the power that the new cell processor offers in the ps3 !!

the most important things are:

1. real life player (espec. arms/legs etc.) movements

2. perfect collision detection

3. unscripted/routine-free CPU AI tactics which ALWAYS bring a big, fat smile to your face even after months of playing

4. hundreds more animations (espec. dribbling, shooting, tackling, running, passing & goal keepers)

5. 100% free-flowing gameplay (no scripts, no CPU AI cheats etc.)

6. detailed player faces for 80% of the players not only 5% like pes6

7. all the big european leagues (england, spain, germany, italy, portugal, france, netherlands) fully licensed !! incl. stadiums for the top 5-10 teams of each league. i know this costs money but KONAMI can spend it i'm sure ;-) if they want...

8. realistic crowd graphics and sound, better pitch grass textures

thats it !!
as soon as they bring the series to the ps3 i'm getting one !!

One thing on the stadiums, if they are not going to model each teams own stadium at least let the name be changed so that it comes up with the team's actual stadium name. For instance you might give Aston Villa Stamford Bridge as their stadium because it looks somewhat like Villa Park, but currently the game still calls it Stamford Bridge at the start of the game. If this could be changed to say Villa Park it would at least make it seem more realistic. A small thing I know, but it's these type of things that we've learned to live with on the PS2 versions that it would be good to see fixed in the next gen versions.

I'm getting old here waiting for Konami to bring out a proper, next gen game. It's taken since October for it to sink in quite how poor PES6 is on the 360.

The graphics engine needs an almost complete overhaul. The way the players are animated and the physics between the ball and players need reworking.

And the presentation needs to be improved 200%. Add to that the new game better have new features coming out of its backside. And a full license for Liverpool please, with a huge picture of Rafa on the front of the box \\:o/ . Please?

For the amount of money they make every year from us mugs/enthusiasts, Konami should be studying the top 50 players in the world in ridiculous detail to capture both likenesses and animation patterns. Big problem for them too, no one wants to see their favourite team IN HIGH DEFINITION without the correct kit; it looks ever more silly than it ever did.

Last edited:
I wouldnt expect the next PES/WE game to come out to be more than a slight tweak/update of the very poor 360 version of PES6. Ill be especially suprised if its any different.

Dj

the crowd booing at players is a feature that doesnt impress me at all.
Hear hear. The CPU cheats out of its arse (90% of the successful tackles you make cause the ball to bobble to the opposition), half of the passes go to the wrong man, you have so little control over anything, you can't even have a full Premiership league in the Master League because you're only "allowed" 16 teams in the top division, and what are they doing? Adding a crowd that boos.

It used to be that FIFA was aimed at the kids and PES was aimed at the grown-ups. Now what? FIFA 07 and UEFA CL have a totally rewritten next-gen engine, and PES7... Will have a booing crowd. Sorry, but if a booing crowd impresses you, then... *Sigh* I'm wasting my breath anyway, this is a PES forum. I'll stop there.

hear hear @ JB, they need more than just a booing crowd. How about a proper next gen game engine? how about realistic AI? Decent Commentary as a little extra? yep im thinking about FIFA again now which has those elements in it. :)

Dj

I am a bit disheartened that they still have a PS2 version. I don't know the setup they have, but right now their efforts seem far too scattered. I'm surprised KONAMI manages to keep all the different versions in production.

PC, Xbox360, PS3 versions, and then mabe a special Handheld version if they must. Let the old PS2 go, it is only hogging resources from the much more capable newer machines.

I wouldnt expect the next PES/WE game to come out to be more than a slight tweak/update of the very poor 360 version of PES6. Ill be especially suprised if its any different.

Dj

I think you will be surprised mate, because I reckon the game will be pretty much what PES7 will become.

I predict WE11 to come out on PS3 in August with the new proper nextgen graphics and gameplay engine, with the European version being released in October on 360 & PS3 with slightly different gameplay and updated rosters.

If pes7 is arriving on October then we11 should arrive at most 5 months before.
thats the way things went during the ps2 episode.
but as the rls date of the ps3 was november 2006 in jap/usa, Winning Eleven rls dates will change too and in future probably fall much closer to the PES rls dates.
it is impossible for KTYO to develop the first next gen WE in under 3 months !!

yeah. they better release a proper game as a first release than a crappy one we'd have to wait for a decent sequel (which means waiting even more time).

If WE11/PE7 is also coming out on the PS2 and PSP, I can't see how it'll be a proper next gen game.

Remember when PES1 and PES2 came out for the PS2, it was also on PS1. But when PES3 came out it wasn't on the PS1, i think that was because PES3 was a proper next gen game and the PS1 couldn't handle it's features.

I think this could be the same with the PS2/PSP ---> PS3.

ps i think the DS version of the game will be a different game

In agreement with Stringer Bell, it wont be proper next gen at all. It will be the same as WE/PES 2007 just with some updated things and possibly the odd tweak here and there. Hopefully with more than just 8 Stadiums and Edit mode will come back...

Dj

Glad you guys are finally agreeing that the first PS3 release will be a port of the PS2 version and you will have to wait until PES8 before they start to produce the goods.
Its even worse for the Xbox 360 because that will never receive its own production so that will be 3 versions in before it gets decent.

^ I realised this when I saw the Xbox 360 version for the 1st time! It then brought back memories of PES1 and PES2 on PS2 and how non Next Gen (at that time) they were! As you say the 3rd Incarnation of PES on Xbox 360 and 2nd on PS3 will be Next Gen.... we hope!

Dj

^ I realised this when I saw the Xbox 360 version for the 1st time! It then brought back memories of PES1 and PES2 on PS2 and how non Next Gen (at that time) they were! As you say the 3rd Incarnation of PES on Xbox 360 and 2nd on PS3 will be Next Gen.... we hope!

Dj

you guys keep forgetting the ps3 has been out in the states for almost 5 months an in japan longer. Its not a launch title for konami. Also the hardware that the ps3 and xbox360 are running on is light years ahead of ps2 was compared to ps1. I dont think you can compare development from 1999-2000 to 2007. 7 years in computing is like dog years, more like 49 years. Maybe what you say will become true, but not for the reasons your thinking.

you guys keep forgetting the ps3 has been out in the states for almost 5 months an in japan longer. Its not a launch title for konami. Also the hardware that the ps3 and xbox360 are running on is light years ahead of ps2 was compared to ps1. I dont think you can compare development from 1999-2000 to 2007. 7 years in computing is like dog years, more like 49 years. Maybe what you say will become true, but not for the reasons your thinking.

I agree with you sir. I hope we're right.

Do you not think we want a PROPER next gen PES/WE csaunders? I am just trying to make sure people dont get their hopes up like some of us did with the 360 version only for it to be a crock of shit!

Dj

To be fair we always pretty much knew the 360 version was just going to be a port of the PS2 version, just like all the PC versions have been, they were never going to start proper next gen development of the series' until they could do 360, PS3 and PC versions together as the development cost would have been too high to make it worthwhile.

But that was the same with the PS2 and look what happened.

It takes time for companies to produce gaming software to produce games and until they get their hands on the final product they cant produce them and Alpha and beta kits are just PC's representing the power of a new system as Sony and Microsoft etc dont want to give away any secrets until release day.

Its all about History look back at every console released and the same pish games are always the first released.

They've had dev kits for the 360 for what 18-20 months now (and isn't it supposed to be easy to code for anyway) so the issue must be resource.

They've had dev kits for PS3 since mid 2006, no?

People here know the score but the bullshit is, if they can't devote the development time and release half-baked crap games like PES 6 on the 360, they shouldn't bloody charge full price for them?

And I'm sorry don't go telling people that for their PS3, which they've forked out £400 bloody for, with cell tecnnology/blueray and all the other so called "cutting edge" tech, people are going to put up with a PES7 that's a port of the playstation 2 game?

I hope, and I think, that Seabass and his team have actually been working on a proper next-gen engine for some time and only now - with the PS3 release - can they put their full efforts into it.

PES7 better be a cracker, I'm getting too old for this shit!
:square:

Now that is a pretty impressive looking game. Not really FIFA quality, but it is such a bliss to see new lighting systems that really bring a welcome breath of fresh air into the surroundings. And the animations are really top notch.

Some of those scenes sort of remind me of those old promo photos of PES6 that KONAMI released (you know, the ones with Terry in one and Adriano heading on another).

Back
Top Bottom