Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

The sound in WE games has always been awful. The music is really cheesy but thats ok cus nobody cares about that. BUT the crowd atmosphere, chants, commentators, sound FX need to be vastly improved.

WE saw similar demonstrations for the PS2 but all the power goes into one simpe demo.
It cant be dont when you have a game and 100 hundred things are happening at the same time AI, Graphics, movement etc.

They seriously need to combine all their games so they include the European leagues and the Japanese Leagues make there own world of soccer game and stop waisting development time on 6 releases a year and then complain they don't have the staff.

Then they need to totally redo the MasterLeague so its like the Jleague game where you play in your domestic leagues and cups then qualify for European and world club championships.

They also need to add Management movement so you can leave and join clubs at your choice or the choice of the chairman (fired.

But its all been said before and nothing is gonna change. Especially as we all buy the same game 3 times a year.

embraceuk1 said:
But its all been said before and nothing is gonna change. Especially as we all buy the same game 3 times a year.

Exactly.

What I expect the game to be is something slightly better than the 360 version, but nothing too drastic.

We all could wrong be though. Ive heard many of my friends mention that theres a possibility Konami will release WE on PS3 much later is Japan this year due to poor reception by consumers to the nextgen version.

Not a simultanious release with Europe mind, but more later Summer time frame rather than Spring. Guess they realise they need to take their time with this one.

I have'nt played PES6 on XBOX 360 to know how different is it from PES6/WE10 on the PS2.
I think a rushed port to the 360 would not result in a good game, and which was
proved right by the fact that it has'nt turned out to be so....

But the PS3 is a whole different matter, since WE10 was always based on PS2..
I feel the port might be easier, giving them more time to add more
enhancements, and make the leap to next-gen...
and also not to forget the poor response to the 360 game....

So I'm hoping they can give us a better next-gen effort than the 360,
and I think they will....it may not be ground-breaking, but it should
be better.....

It will also be interesting to see if EA bases FIFA-08 on FIFA-07-X360
for the PS3 version, or base it on FIFA-07-PS2....

Last edited:
I would like to see a match on TV, then see a PES match on the PS3, and not know the difference. That simple. Gameplay and graphic wise.

Everything, including subs warming up behind the lines, and coaches shouting at players. Moving jerseys and everything (Fifa already has that).

PES desperately needs: ATMOSPHERE. And Konami should use the cell's capabilities at its best to generate this properly.

I'd like to see a Winning Eleven game incorporating the best elements from FIFA 07. It's still a crap game, I know, but this year's FIFA has done a lot of things right - improvements that we have been dying to see in our beloved WE but which still haven't been sorted out after a decade of waiting.

The most obvious is audio. Let's face it, anything to do with sound in WE sucks. From the opening music sequence right down to the unbelievably gay "yeah.." when a goal is scored, it has never been treated with importance by Seabass and it pisses me off because this is obviously one of WE's weakest areas but he never seems truly bothered by it. Those who have played FIFA 07 will understand what I mean. I don't enjoying saying this but I found myself playing very long hours on FIFA so I could score "just one more goal" and hear the crowd erupt "just one more time"; it was like a drug. When you score, the crowd goes absolutely crazy. You can almost feel the ecstacy in the stands and if your speakers were any louder you'd be having goosebumps. On the contrary when you're playing away and score you'll be greeted with barely audible cheers and deafening jeers, very reminicent of league games in Europe. FIFA has really done the audio bit to perfection. The commentary is spot-on, not because they always get the play right (they seldom do) but because we hear the commentators stammer, pause and generally make mistakes from time to time, which is very realistic (which real-life commentator, Paddy Agnew aside, commentates on a football match like a horse-racing pundit?).

The other is in goalkeeping. FIFA goalkeepers are as dodgy as WE's but they fly off the ground more realistically, almost always tip a ball over the bar with one hand (*cough* WE *cough*) and I've scored goals where the goalkeeper gets only the mildest of touches to a shot but not managing to keep it out - the replay shows the flight of the ball changing ever so slightly but the ball sails in anyway. It's wonderfully animated and very realistic. I also like the fact that the longer you hold onto the pass button the longer the keeper will throw it. And you actually have to AIM when throwing the ball - throw it too hard to a defender just in front of you and guess who's there to pick it up? WE's throwing mechanism is scripted and the ball will always land right on cue.

Before anyone runs off and starts calling me a FIFA fanboy I have to say that it's still a poor man's WE and in terms of gameplay FIFA leave a LOT to be desired but in areas that WE have traditionally screwed up FIFA has exceled. If I could just play a Winning Eleven game with FIFA's best practices incorporated I'd die a happy man. :)

Last edited:
It will be a slightly tweaked incarnation as the 360 though they may have got round to putting a few things back in and call it new for 2007... precluded by a big press hype with interviews that tell you nothing at all except how proud Seabass is of his team and how this is the biggest leap forward they have ever taken and how the new monkey costume's and peanut shape ball make it the best football simulation there is, eight different players from around the globe to go on god knows how many individual(different box graphic and things taken out or left in..)regional releases. There will be no slow down whatsoever...:lmao:........... where was I, oh yes two more teams in the ML and editable faces for the crowd so you can put yourself in there!!

i wanna see the substitutes when they warm up during the match, and if u can choose these players before starting the match. so when u make a substitute within these players their performance should be better than choosing any other players(who didn't warm up).

IF this game is a complete rewrite and somehow able to be played on a US PS3 then...........guess i gotta go the sony way if it's not released on the 360 then...

Atmosphere as already mentioned is key.

With Fifa doing all the aesthetically pleasing stuff, WE/Pro Evo should be doing the same no?

I think all the screens, options, indicators etc need a MAJOR overhall, even right down to the silly little coloured arrows that tell you whether or not you're playing is feeling well today.
It's just childish now.

The commentary has always been dire, they need some new lines.

Silly training stars should be scrapped. Use something more mathematical like a percentage or something. I don't want to earn a gold star. What am I? five?

A real customizable camera angle would be nice with 360 movement and zoom in, zoom out function.

I could go on for days, but there's no point. It seems the creators have stagnated these past 5 years, not listened to fuck all, and just tweaked bits of nothing.

Pro Evolution Soccer 1 for PS2 plays as well as any of the recent games.

konami is slacking whereas fifa is slogging and trying its best to improve the game

I think that's because Fifa has to.

I think all WE11 PS3 needs is more of the same and maybe subs warming up etc. The tweaks may not happen but i would hate for them to mess about with the entire engine and mess it up completely. Official kits and a good new editing template so i can do any kit i want would be nice and key i feel and more individual player animations will look nice. I'm sure it will be brilliant either way. I know what people are saying about it needs a big overhaul but that may mess it up. Will have to wait and see roll on screen shots.

i wouldnt get too excited about ps3 release. although the graphics in the ps3 are out of this world , it doesnt mean that cheap skate konami are goin to make the game out of this world. thats why evo web exsists. we are forever making patches to make huge improvements and correct konamis mistakes. konami will make the ps3 release on the cheap. mark my words for it. and there will probably be no way to do patches for it as the game will most probably be on a blue ray disc. have you seen howmuch it costs to buy a blue ray writer. not cheap at all. so it probably wouldnt be worth your while making patches for it. i think fifa will take over when the ps3 comes out, due to the fact that the fifa games are improving alot. maybe not as good as pro evo YET. but with the copyrights thay have and if they get the game physics right then fifa will be no1 game untill konami start dipping into their pockets and shell out for the copyrights of real team names and player names and stuff like that. i hope im wrong about this. but all im saying is dont get too excited about this.

Fix the Master league!

16 teams is a joke!
No nation protection in Champions League is embaressing.
Arbitrary and baseless player salleries and values needs converted to Euros.
Training was better w/ WE 8

i will wait up! after the desaster of PES6 on the 360 i dont believe any longer in konami! OK game was allways based on PS2 but the 360version was a shame!

after Sony killing Lik-sang i will no longer give them my money!
I am not shure if i will buy a PS3! i have now my brand new 360 its a nice console and i want that Konami give me a great WE on this! But they started again cheating the fans with inpututing a regional Code for WE series on 360! so we can only play the palversion on a palconsole! Thats biggest shit ever!:(

Back
Top Bottom