Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

I would really like to look to the game and think I watchinag a real football game on tv..with sub players warming up, coach giving instructions, improved movimentation of players including the way they run...each player should have a specific type running style, more realistic nets and gollie moves..different commands for each leg (like..kicking with R2 right foot kick...L2 left foot kick)...more realistic grass..different type of stadiums..Brazilian, european and others....( I just can´t play with a brazilian team on european stadiums)..that´s mostly it..So the biggest improvement to be done is the player movements..
my opinion..

I have a Dream...

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP

It's right which the new evolution to this amazing console, will be mega, super ultra and another advices...

But what I realy wiat it's implementation of "Worl Club Champioship"

The Master Legaue it's wonder, but the world Champioship it's the focus to play...

The Ideas it's use the agility and tools availables in master League (Trainning, Contract period, and others) but with Running to Worl Cup, like a mine Corinthians 2000 - World Champion.

The fannatics by the clubs in europe, believe which the WEFA it's the Top of World, but I don't think lik this...

The World championship it's the better way to comprove the supremacia of team and this must be implemented in the new game...

It would be amazing implement the mode in the game,starting a running with u favorite team and win in sequence the:

-Regional Champioship
-National Champioship
-Continental championship
-World Club Championship

As talked before, the Master league it was improved year by year, but it's a penalty don't to use to advantage the game with u gameplay to do this...

That's my dream!!!

Last edited:
aweil said:
I would really like to look to the game and think I watchinag a real football game on tv..with sub players warming up, coach giving instructions, improved movimentation of players including the way they run...each player should have a specific type running style, more realistic nets and gollie moves..different commands for each leg (like..kicking with R2 right foot kick...L2 left foot kick)...more realistic grass..different type of stadiums..Brazilian, european and others....( I just can´t play with a brazilian team on european stadiums)..that´s mostly it..So the biggest improvement to be done is the player movements..
my opinion..
i dunno about thos ecomands for diferent legs but i surely would like to see , lots of distinct runing animations that alone imo would contribute a lot to the ilusion that we r playing/watching a real football game,
because as long as we see 20 players or 115 or 16 on field runing and moving the exact same way i mean... they look like i dunno clones/robots...
i would also like to see controls that would force u to kick with ur left or right foot orthat would force the player to head a bal that come to the knee height or th kick a ball that comes at chest height... :)

Hm, the mmog idea seems nice...but really, if there were 22 players, 2 would have to be the goalies. They'd do pretty much NOTHING but sit and sit until well...somebody shoots. Does that sound like fun? Do you think anybody in their right mind would want to stare at the screen for minutes w/o doing anything? :) I still think 4x4 is the limit.

And PS3 will output in High Definition so for those with HD Ready TV's it will be great, esp if the screen is big.

new climatics effect(snow,fog,wind)
grass 3d and crownd 3d
match online 11 vs 11
all licensed possble
many stadiums
face real possible
hair clothes and kits movement
physic and animations the ball palyers and referee real
4 man and referee

There are too many things to name that could be improved....

A couple of things I'd like to see though...
1-New tricks
2-Goalkeepers have better AI
3-Better editing options
4-Better penalties,corners heading and free-kicks
5-New stadiums(including Ibrox,Hampden,Bernabeu etc.) and new conditions-sleet,snow,fog etc.

Less scripts in player movements, shot animations,only when necessary like in special feints, moves etc. If you look carefully all of the shots, all goals are virtually the same in WE9/PES5: 3 or so type of low shots, 3 or so high shots, etc, there´s is no variety.

Get rid of the automatic side-steps of WE9/Pes5. They make the game look unrealistic and f*cking scripted

Stronger and more accurate headers like in old WE (WE 6 and back)

Ability to move the wall, take away or add players to it (when defending freekicks)

GK are too strong. They make unbelievable top corner saves for eg. Make their animations ralistic, elimitate two hand dives almost all of the time, make them like in real life (most of the toime on handed) and like in past WE (like WE6).

I would like the ST and WG positions area of play expand also to midfield, like in real life where WG´s and ST´s can also play in midfiled.

ST´s with special abilities passer and/or playmeker should have that roaming movement that the OMF position in the game.

Set back teams default formations like in old WE with no arrows

Heavier ball and heavier body balance as in previuous WE

Improve the width and overall size of the pitch. Implemente different sized pitches. Fix the god damn turfs!

Team passing style in team settings (short, long, direct, mixed-any combinations of the latter, etc)

Team playing pace in team strategy (fast, normal, slow)

More skin colors (davids, riquelme, ronaldo, veron are too dark, assuncao to light) more in between colors (RGB skin tone optioon perhaps)

Improve cpu AI. It should make a fair hard challenge, not defenders f*cking packing up in the area, cpu players making impossible tackles, cpu gk makin imposible saves, etc

Improve and make a better subdivision of weak foot accuracy and frequency, in current WE´s they just don´t work right enough. You can set both values to 1 a still have both human and CPU players kicking balls withe thier weak foot, for eg.

Selection of kicking foot in set plays for both footed players including GK in keeper kicks, goalkicks (a la Ronald Waterreus)

Long keeper pants

I guess ill post my 2cts.

- Improved ML; full leagues/more leagues/more teams(even open slots for editing new teams)/improved setup options ( they could easily add a world club championship, manager options, national team options, full 2 division leagues,etc)
- Improved AI/less scripting
- Improved database ( would save PLF the work and the rest of us the time to wait for it)
- Widescreen/HD support
- Use of 5.1 audio. With the amount of home cinema sets now being sold hearing away fans in the left surround speaker would be great.
- Improved physics ( shirt/hair/ball/net/player collision)
- Improved graphics ( shirt/hair/ball/net/player animation/grass without all the the jaggy's/ lighting/weather effects/stadiums/crowd)
- Improved management options ( settings for setplays (defender comes up/strikers come back etc)

For me those are the main aspects that i would want improved. Things like celebrations, streakers, fluff animation ( subs/linesman/managers/etc even though it will improve the atmosphere it wont improve the actual game), etc i find pretty pointless because after a week or 2 you dont see it anymore anyway. And as for online play im not that bothered. The evo league and CL were fun, however the quality of the game was still lacking compared to offline play and because of the connections pretty much determining the quality of play konami cant actually guarantee the 22/ml aspects to be succesfull.

Out of those aspects i mentioned i cant say that they are unrealistic with widescreen/hd, 5.1 sound, graphics, physics, ai improvement to be expected. Its the ML thats probably the main aspect that wont be improved ( atleast not worthwhile, seeing as konami considers an improved development sheet a "massive" improvement to the ML)

I just want to correct this:
The AI of the COM is ridiculous, TOTAL SOCCER has a better AI than WE9... it's ridiculous how they cheat to intecept passes, block shots, chase you up and push you when you're gonna to shot dismantling you attack (and it's never PENALTY!!!), its ball control when receiving air balls or to rob you ball when it's off the ground is incredible, its 0.00001s reaction when you try a dribble or a move...
The R2 buttom to take the ball or mantain possession is a must, if you don't use computer will steal your ball like take candy from child... if you use it's still very difficult to mantain possession without passing out in a freaky fast way or you'll be chased and pushed out by some strong player..

Playing against friends problems: DRIBBLE! Fuck they made it much more difficult, you can't dribble out more than 2 players in short range, you can't dribble out players even with good distance between then without a good balance... fuck, in real life ROBINHO is a master in dribble and has a ridiculous balance, and still dribble then around... DRIBBLE IS FUN!!! I loved WE7 that I could dribble every player from your pitch with L1 to get a goal... but I think WE8 is more realistic with dribbling...
Another problem, when you play 2 x 2, when you change the players with L1 your player chases up the ball even if your friend has the possession, so you can't get good fast runs thru the defence because you always go in his direction first...
But the worst problem is the quickness of the Keepers, you can't get good thru passes in the air because the keeper just gets every ball that enters the area...

The way they chose to make the game more difficult is a very wrong way... they should try to emulate humans, not play in FREAKY LONG PASSES or PERFECT CROSSES that you can't do anything to defend... I win in 6 stars most times, but I don't play like we see teams play in real soccer to do that...

Another thing is about LONG BALLS (crosses, long passes, ground thru passes): the player shouldn't be able to turn and head the ball or prevent the pass when they are running without seeing the ball (like a defender running to organize the defence in a counter-attack) because it's really impossible in real life... no one has eyes behind their back! It should add to the game a great level of realism and increase the chance of beautiful plays and long passes... The ball should be free, not with correct destination (a player) even if a player is near (it should be more difficult to position well players to receive a high ball without kicking) since we can only get it free when there's no player near when the ball fall...

About referee: Chose to be close to reality with mistakes or a very accurate refereeing...
Fouls are random in a realistic way (excluding the push thing) but offsides are MILIMETRIC, which is ridiculous... in other versions you could get more passes when an attacker was in line with defence, now the referee signs with very minimal difference... not realistic

To finalize: Master League... c'mon we just need a SWOS system, simple and efficient...

Last edited:
i would like to say, when i have free kick like 30+ M, pls make the players gather at the penalty box just like real life..

i dont know if anyone has mentioned but what if we had the referee's point of view and to be able to look at replays after a freekick or goal kick etc and the other problem is that the ref ALWAYS give the right decision, always a corner when i thought it was my ball or the oppositions (how the hell does he see that does he have eagle eyes?).

penalty claims rejected
ref using his hands when playing on consulting his ref at times (that could be pointles tho)
why have videos ingame at inappropriate times
if they have videos why not have alot more than the same old boring ones
pov for the ball and players rather than have a camera behind them
behind goal view
more replay camera angles

I think you will find Seabass announced it will appear on 360 fall of this year (so about October November time) and a little later on it will appear on another next gen platform (So you can straight away Assume PS3 which is great news)

DJ

djdavedoc said:
I think you will find Seabass announced it will appear on 360 fall of this year (so about October November time) and a little later on it will appear on another next gen platform.

DJ

Sorry man but I don't get what you're trying to say here.

So your saying that your're assuming that Seabass will announce the PS3 version of Winning Eleven somewhere near October-November of 2006?

Last edited:
i like to hear the players calling for the ball and screemin on each others in the pitch also when he get down by tacklin :P

I don't know if this has been mention before but an online world cup :applause: meaning, players in a certain region duke it out and qualify to go to it and Konami can hold every so oftern yearly every 2 years etc... how great would that be? Like they could set up an online CONCAFA CONMEMBOL UEFA sorta thing, naming the regions to their liking though.

This has kinf of turned into a suggestion for changing the Master league. My advice is for Konami to look at Madden from EA sports as a model. In Madden attendance increases or decreases based upon your performance, advertising, ticket prices, etc.. You only make money durring home games (obviously) and at the end of the year you get to select a sponsor for your stadium, etc...you also receive a yearly check from the league for the television deal..All of which contributes to your budget.

Applying this to WE your transfer budget could be effected by home attendance, not from weekly results. Obviously winning increases attendance, but this would be manifested through ticket prices not mythical "points." Teams would receive ther annual allocation of television money from the league, as well as money that goes along with advancing in cup tournamnets and qualifying for the champions league. All of which goes into a budget that has opperating costs and so forth subtracted. In the offeason you could sign sponsorship deals w/ different companies (their logo would then automatically go on your jersey. this wouldnt be that hard given the layering system they already use w/ graphics), sign merchandising deals (nike..addidas) and sell naming rights to your stadium. If you saved enough money up you could build a new stadium or make renovations to your own.

Another thought is to have a "marketability" rating applied to individual players which effects your team marketability rating. This rating would effect how much you earn annually in merchandising (again, contributing to your budget) and your attendance. This would make a guy like beckham worth his transfer value to you.

Finally, once you reach that elite status as a club you can opperate a television station which costs a lot of money to get started but builds your fan support and revenue. However, if you perform poorly it can tank and you loose money.

Obviously a lot of this can already be done w/ PS2 but improving the financing of master leagues is the way Konami is going to take this game to the next level.

Remove some of them annoying fouls! jesus! Thats one thing I hope they do take out of future PES/Winning Eleven for PS3 and Xbox 360. Its annoying that every little touch on a CPU player results in the Ref blowing for a foul! CPU can bundle and trip your player totally to the ground and get bugger all against him!

A more in depth Master League (management mode) would be quality!

DJ

Konami could do something with the ref. E.g.:
Influence on the player's reaction to a decision taken (penalty, cards, fouls). After the whistle is blown, you could get a popup menu, which gives you a choice to react in a certain type of way (normal, aggressive, pursuasive, etc). The way you interact with the ref, could result in certain future decisions... if you, in case of a foul in the 16m area (and don't get the penalty you (think you)deserve), start whining, and you do that too often in a certain way, you could get a yellow card. But if you approach the ref in the proper way, next time, he will give the penalty easier (minor foul).

Ofcourse, you should also be possible to turn this option off :/

Last edited by a moderator:
dynamic weather.
proper use of 5.1 surround sound.
longer replays.
BETTER presentation
better music - if they cant be bothered then customizable music.
COVERING option brought back to tactics.
sensible use of the motion sensing - saving pens, making the wall jump etc.
next gen ML.
quality online options - look at 2k sports!

I definately things the motion sensing should be used to determine what curl you want on a shot or lob. Since PES works by a certain philosophy, it isn't logical to add after-touch curls (curls that you introduce after the shot has been taken), since that would look weird on a replay with the ball leaving the boot not curling and then all of a sudden starting to curl. And the fact that you can choose the curl direction also would choose what type of shot (instep/outside) the player does and what side he uses to shoot.

Full analogue control.

360 degree movement, of players and ball.

Full analogue control of all passing/shooting (in terms of power, weight, direction, height) - meaning we surely just need one single button for "kicking" the ball!

ML - major overhaul of league strucutres.

Anything less than this and I'll be seriously disappointed. But I suspect we'll just get more of the same scripted gash, the same cack ML...but prettier graphics.

Back
Top Bottom