1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Funding Idea?

Discussion in 'The Site' started by fd1972uk, 17 October 2005.

1. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Not sure if something like this has already been discussed, but couldn't there be a way to help fund the site by members.

I know there is a typical donation option, but what about something that can both help the site and a member also?

On another site, they where thinking of generating money and one option I thought of was like a first goal of the day in for example the English Leagues. Where you would pay £1 (presume paypal is a donation option on here?) for a team (chosen randomly) and whoever came up in say the Sky Sports tv vidi-printer as the first team to score would get a 50% of the money brought in. Means another 50% would goto the site.

Not sure if anyone could be arsed, but just an idea. :mrgreen:

FD

2. Mart

Mart Executive Janitor Staff

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    Sounds interesting mate, kinda like the 50/50 draw idea but online. I'll add it to the list of things I should do at some point. :)