Full Match Videos

In general, it's not a good thing to compress a video more than once, like wmv->xvid. The best would be to capture uncompressed avi, then decide on the final compression, wmv or mpeg-1 or mpeg-4 (xvid/divx, etc) are the most popular. wmv seems to be one of the best - especially for websites. mpeg-1 is used for videocds and mpeg-4 has lots of variations.
There are also a number of calculators available for determining filesize for a given clip length and bitrate - or vice versa.

did anyone check out my vid, things to improve on? i'm going to try to incorporate this full-match highlight concept into my league/master league (when begun) journal.

peace
m.l

I would, but I can't get Megaupload to work with Firefox :roll:

Matt10 said:
did anyone check out my vid, things to improve on? i'm going to try to incorporate this full-match highlight concept into my league/master league (when begun) journal.

peace
m.l

I've just finished watching it, looks good to me, smooth playback, no jerky video. What tool did you used to record it, which options?.

Suggestions/critics:
not many, this is the kind of stuff i was looking for, only thing i can think right now is i would use the furthest camera possible, to see more of the field, the position and movement of players, and so on (it's the 'Wide' camera i think?).

It would be nice if tournament matches were recorded, in a similar way to what happends with Counterstrike, you can find full tournaments matches, very interesting stuff to see good players/teams around the world.

thanks for the feedback.

i used FRAPS to record to uncompressed .avi (4 files each about 3.6gb,1 file about 1.1gb) converted them all to .wmv files with Super Video Converter, ended up with about 82-87mb. Imported them into Windows Movie Maker ( when i get back to the states i'm installing ULEAD Video Studio 9), edited a bit and saved file as "HIGH QUALITY (Small File), bit rate was in the 900s so i was happy and that's about it. I've done the same with the video i'm posting below.

I"ll try to go for a wide camera next time, i'm not that big of a fan in playing it that way though; i guess i like using the radar.But its a good idea, and also knowing my players theyll be all over the place, i still have to mess with alot of that stuff.

Albacete (me) vs Atletic Madrid - intro,match ( no highlights)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2088SDSB

peace
m.l

Widecam is the way to go man.. and we use widecam AND radar as it's still needed!
Can't even imagine playin anything else other than widecam.

yea,i'm too set in my ways at the moment to play widecam; i played that camera for a while since we7 and only up till a month ago wanted to try broadcast cam and i've enjoyed it more as it just seems more like a tv-broadcast. when i get back in the states or maybe tonite i'll make another vid, how are yours coming along PLF? keep us updated, peace.

m.l

Matt10 said:
i used FRAPS to record to uncompressed .avi (4 files each about 3.6gb,1 file about 1.1gb) converted them all to .wmv files with Super Video Converter, ended up with about 82-87mb. Imported them into Windows Movie Maker ( when i get back to the states i'm installing ULEAD Video Studio 9), edited a bit and saved file as "HIGH QUALITY (Small File), bit rate was in the 900s so i was happy and that's about it. I've done the same with the video i'm posting below.
Sorry to keep bringing this up, but I really think you would get better quality if you just import the uncompressed .avi's into MM2 and compress only once. If you have to compress the original .avi for size constraints, try a codec call "huffyuv", it's lossless.

i use normal cam... feel tat its good coz i can see the amazing jerseys, boots,face everything... for wide cam... cant see nuts

hradilv said:
Sorry to keep bringing this up, but I really think you would get better quality if you just import the uncompressed .avi's into MM2 and compress only once. If you have to compress the original .avi for size constraints, try a codec call "huffyuv", it's lossless.

I agreee with you in that's a better idea to compress just one. This codec you talk about (huffyuv), could it be used with FRAPS or other capture tool to make de record to a lossless .avi file? i have this space constraints problem you talk about.

You have about the same style of playing as me :)
Some questions:
You have the radar on dimmed view; don't you use it? You play a short passing game with only incidently some through passes...
What level was this?

Han said:
You have about the same style of playing as me :)
Some questions:
You have the radar on dimmed view; don't you use it? You play a short passing game with only incidently some through passes...
What level was this?

Always level= ******
I don't use the radar much that's why it's dimmed. Yeah i like short passes with much possession of the ball, i like that gameplay in real life too.

Back
Top Bottom