1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Frisk - immediate retirement/ A tool of UEFA?!?!

Discussion in 'Football' started by Milanista, 12 March 2005.

Frisk, a tool or not.

1. Yes.

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. No.

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Hes a shite referee, but retiring like this?

For those who dont know him, hes this man:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 12 March 2005
  2. knh4

knh4 Championship

21 October 2002
    Bradford
    Man Utd
    Re: Anders Frisk Immediate Retirement

Its for the good of the game. Hes a right prick anyway!

3. airjoca

airjoca International

29 July 2003
    Amadora, Portugal
    SL Benfica

Mourinho's irresponsible comments are to blame for this. He used to fire up fans in Portugal as well, which is not a very wise thing to do.

4. julien

julien is just your type

20 June 2004
    490 Madison

delicate statement. i dont know why he's currently takin the piss in britain, thew red card for drogba (2nd yellow) was absolutely justified regarding international standards, and it's a shame to see chelsea supporters and officials weeping and complaning about referee decisions, just to win the rematch by scoring a totally irregular goal. that makes no sense chelsea!

2nd, we had the same shit after the euro 2004 game portugal - england, where things were really getting personal. just because those people couldn't accept that englands goal in extra time goal hasn't been given - although, from a neutral point of view, we all know this decision was absolutely right.

Last edited: 12 March 2005
  5. pbchillin

pbchillin Awooooooga!

9 April 2003
    Cambodia
    Chelsea

Shame, he wasn't a bad ref, there are plenty worse in the premiership, under sad circumstances that he has had to leave the game.

6. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC

I'd like to see you do better.

He was a good ref. Shame he has to leave like this.

People just can't accept decisions, Drogba's 1st and 2nd yellow cards were absolutely justified, as Julien has pointed out.

He also got a coin thrown at him in the Stadio Olympico earlier this season in the Champions League by some c*nt of a Roma fan who couldn't accept his decision to send off two Roma players.

7. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan

He also failed to handle the Valencia-Werder Bremen game where i think 4 players were sent off in 10 minutes.

8. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC

Look, he must've been a good ref, or else they wouldn't have put him on the UEFA Elite list.

Stop having a go, refereeing is a tough job, and I would know.

Leave the poor bloke alone.

9. GFK

GFK League 1

21 April 2003
    Holland

Agreed! He was a great referee, if you compare him with some other referees.. He was absolutly class. I remember some Dutch players who said something like: ''If our referees would be like the level of Frisk or Collina then we wouldnt have discussion'' I think such a comment says it all?

10. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan

For those of you who think its because of Chelsea, I wouldnt be too confident about it. No information on the callers were revealed, so it can even be some bad decision in the Swedish league.

11. juventus11

juventus11 Guest

Is there anymore information? How did they threatin him? did they call him?

12. juventus11

juventus11 Guest

STOCKHOLM, March 12 (Reuters) - Anders Frisk said worries over his own and his family's safety especially since the contentious Champions League Barcelona v Chelsea game had prompted him to quit refereeing.

'The threats toward me have escalated the last few weeks after the Barcelona-Chelsea game,' Frisk said on Sweden's football federation website on Saturday.

Frisk said he had received personal death threats since the match.

'It's not worth carrying on... My safety and the safety of my family goes before anything else. These last few weeks have been the worst of my life.'

The first-leg knockout clash had ended in controversy after Chelsea accused Barcelona manager Frank Rijkaard of trying to influence the match by speaking to Frisk at halftime.

Chelsea, who were leading 1-0 at halftime, were doubly angered when Frisk harshly sent off striker Didier Drogba early in the second half. Manager Jose Mourinho refused to attend the mandatory news conference and his conduct is being investigated by UEFA.

'I still say that what I did in Barcelona was correct,' Frisk told the daily Aftonbladet.

The London club went on to win the second leg 4-2 to claim a 5-4 aggregate victory and a place in the quarter-finals.

'Chelsea have supporters in many parts of the world, so all of them (the threats) didn't come from England,' Frisk said.

'Soon it will be impossible to referee a Champions League match if the clubs can't accept defeat or a player being sent off,' said Frisk, who has been involved in controversy before.

Last September at Rome's Rome's Olympic Stadium Frisk was struck on the head by an object thrown from crowd during a Champions League match betwen AS Roma and Dynamo Kiev. He abandoned the game saying the host club could not guarantee the safety of the officials.

In December Claudio Ranieri, at the time Valencia's coach, openly criticised the Swede after his side went out of the Champions League following a 2-0 home defeat by Werder Bremen.

The Italian said that after watching the game he understood why Frisk had been hit on the head in Rome.

Frisk is not the first referee to receive serious threats.

Swiss referee Urs Meier was the target of British fans after disallowing England's 90th minute goal in the Euro 2004 quarter-final against Portugal.

'The same kind of threats have hit me. Urs kept on going but I can't take it, I simply don't have the strength for it,' said Frisk, who could have continued refereeing for three more years.

13. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC

Thanks for that, Juventus11.

Just goes to show what idiots there are out there.

14. juveboy

juveboy Juve con te!

3 January 2003
    Torino
    Juventus

He will be sorely missed.

15. R Dubua

R Dubua League 2

23 March 2003
    North East ,ENGLAND

I've seen articles a couple of years ago when a referee was stabbed to death after a match. I think it was maybe lower division but its still amazing what people can do over something so little. I think its better for him to get out before it escalates to the point where he is actually injured or hurt.

16. knh4

knh4 Championship

21 October 2002
    Bradford
    Man Utd

Frisk is qualified to be a referee, im not!

17. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC

Exactly, so don't have a go at him!

18. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC

That's terrible. Some real nutters out there.

19. julien

julien is just your type

20 June 2004
    490 Madison

sorry milan but have you actually seen the game? those 10 minutes were a complete disgrace thanks to some valencia players (vicente, angulo). btw angulo was the only player sent off for a very high tackle on valdez near the touchline plus spitting at some werder player. afterwards vicente went all crazy on borowski, etc.

so concering this match valencia is to blame, because their disability to score at home against bremen turned into pure frustration and embarrassing agressive behaviour. shame on you to blame the referee for that mate

cheers

20. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003

i didnt really like this ref, but the way he went was pretty poor

its just gettin more pathetic now, a referee shouldnt be subject to this abuse, he is just doing his job.

they should gas these football hooligans

21. knh4

knh4 Championship

21 October 2002
    Bradford
    Man Utd

Ill have a pop at him all i want. If i think hes shit in his profession ill say it just as anyone could say it to me.

22. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto

I never thought of him as a great referee, but going this way! :\
    There are alot worse refs around, and he wasn't among the worse!

23. juventus11

juventus11 Guest

He was hit in the head with a bloody coin, when he was reff against Roma.

24. lostinstoke

lostinstoke Wolves Scum

16 January 2005
    lost

Have to say I've not been that impressed with him, I don't feel he controls the match and has the players respect. To have him compared to Collina is ridiculous, now there is a man with whom no one fucks! But despite not really approving of Frisk for Internationals or important European matches, it is bad to see referees getting this sort of treatment. At the end of the day its the hardest job in football, you're guarenteed abuse every week. I just think there are much worse refs out there so why pick on Frisk? domesically, we see much worse, Uriah Rennie :mad: for example..

25. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC

You're the sort of person that makes him retire.

26. juventus11

juventus11 Guest

Maybe Knh4 was the person who scared him.....

27. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC

:lol: He seems stupid enough to threaten a ref.

28. knh4

knh4 Championship

21 October 2002
    Bradford
    Man Utd

As long as it worked its fine with me. next? Btw Tim, sorry if my hatred for Frisk seems to hurt your feelings so much.

29. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC

Your a prick mate.

30. knh4

knh4 Championship

21 October 2002
    Bradford
    Man Utd

So is Frisk but you seem to have a soft spot for him.