fridge doesn't work in fridge freezer

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
Hi guys, I have a electrolux fridge freezer where the freezer works fine but the fridge itself doesn't work.

is there anyone who is experience in this sort of line of work know whats wrong with it?

How much does it cost to repair it? am i better off buying a new one?

cheers guys

You should have read the small print Jonney.

Electrolux are the biggest rip off merchants.

You have to buy the Fridge filament seperately (the thing that makes you fridge cold) The cheapest Filaments are around £2000 without VAT.

They give you the Freezer filament as a gesture of goodwill. you are basically just buying the outside of the fridge and all the little drawers etc in the initial price.

so is it better to just buy a new fridge/freezer? whats a good brand?

you recon this "filament" from the fridge is knackered? not the thermastat? what is a filament :O

so is it better to just buy a new fridge/freezer? whats a good brand?

you recon this "filament" from the fridge is knackered? not the thermastat? what is a filament :O

I don't know - I was only joking :DD

I think when fridges die - they are pretty much dead and you have to replace them - but I am not an expert. So hopefully someone helps you out on here :DD

I don't know - I was only joking :DD

I think when fridges die - they are pretty much dead and you have to replace them - but I am not an expert. So hopefully someone helps you out on here :DD

haha u joka but seriously are electroloux a bad brand?

all you need to do is reinstall ur operating system...oh wait where talking about a bloody freezer just kick the shit out of it XD XD

if it`s not your thermostat, about 40 quid or your PCB about 60, don`t bother and get a new one...
LG do good fridge freezers, don`t get Electrocrap or hoover all those companies use imported models from China and the like...

Best of luck with your fridge mate. I hope it all works out. I know the feeling; as soon as any of my major appliances fail I turn right to the off-topic section of Evo Web too. Great fridge expert people like Chris Wright there waiting in the wings to help you out, its awesome.

i ended up buying a new one. i got a HOTPOINT one. apparently they are a good brand.

i was going to get a BOSH but they are farr to expensive lol. samsung have fridges too but diddnt choose them because i dont know how good they are when it comes to fridge freezers.

i just had to clean mine up, it worked again then.

remember kids, putting too much stuff in your fridge and it won't work :)

samsung's american style fridge was on watchdog and from how they acted about the problem with those (they basically didnt give a shit) id avoid them

yea i had a feeling. i mean samsung are known for there tv's and other similar entertainment devices but fridges? what next. sony or ms making dishwashers? lol or have they made one already? :P

Back
Top Bottom